oh my gosh..have you seen these??

fire starters, made from tampons???:laugh2:

I saw them thismorning at a craft fair, honestly at first glance I had no clue, only after further investigation realized it was a tampon dipped(many many times shape was altered)) in wax and had bits of wood and/or corncob shavings...

Well that's an orginal idea. I never would have thought of something like that... It has it's own built-in wick too. LOL Did anyone seem to be buying them...I guess it would be a good gag gift. Ginger
yes people were snapping them up.... and really , unless you inspected it( like a fellow crafter would:wink2: ) you prob wouldn't figure it out right away..

I wish I had had my camera.. she sold the plain ole ugly ones for 3.00, she had some.. that were made to look like animals with tails, mice,cats etc.. they werent terrible fancy, free form sculpted I'd say..but CUTE!!! she sold those for $6( I am not quite sure what the core of the animals were..she didnt have one unpackaged for me to check out!!)

Sounds like expensive firestarters to me. I make mine with hampter litter, scrap wax, and scrap wicks. Don't think I'll be buying expensive tampons to make em!

not that bad when ya buy a huge box at the dollar or or thrift grocery... she was selling them like hotcakes!

not that bad when ya buy a huge box at the dollar or or thrift grocery... she was selling them like hotcakes!

I guess since I haven't had to buy these puppies for so long (hooray!) I didn't realize they could be purchased on the cheap these days!

Kind of on the same line, have you seen the slippers made out of 2 Kotex? One for the sole of the shoe and take the other one and kind of curve it and clue it where the toes would slide in and then glue a huge flower like a daisy on on top. I laughed so hard when I saw them.