Do you let your candles cure?

I keep poured-up stock on hand all the time so I can fill orders quickly. So when I start to run low on a scent, I repour a batch. That way, yes, my candles are all cured before selling. If I'm running a bit behind, I like my paraffin candles to cure for a couple-three days (most scents -- a couple of them need a week). I like my soy candles to cure for 4-7 days before going out for best scent throw.

Just the method to my particular brand of madness. :)

I cure mine for 2-3 days. But I did have a friend that wanted one that she had just watched me make. So I explained that she needed to let it cure for a couple of days. She got real excited watching the color change all afternoon as it was cooling. I wonder how long she waited?!!

grapevinesoaper====From all the research that I have done, it is best to allow your candles to cure a couple of days at least! The FO/EO and dyes go through their molecular changes and can alter the way a candle burns and throws scents! Even though the candle is set up that first day, it is still going through changes that we can not see but it will affect the final burn and scent throw! I know that there are many who pour, allow to harden/set up and burn. I have noticed from personal experience that allowing my candles to cure at least 2 days, the scent throw and burn quality is much better! However, I always do burn ONE right away to get an idea and I'm impatient! LOL I do the same with container candles as I do with pillars and votives! I don't do gel candles so I don't know if they are the same or not! This is just how I do it and after spending 8 months worth of research, and still researching almost every day, I have found that most sites do tell you to allow your candles to cure and not burn them immediately! I am by no means a expert and as I have posted earlier, I am still a beginner!! The choice is yours though! You are the one making the candles and selling them and its YOUR name on them!! Hope I helped!!

Edited to add that I do notice a slight difference in melt pool when I allow my candles to cure at least a FULL day but I wait 2 before I give it the full test!! I try to wait closer to 5-7 days but I NEVER do a full test before 2 days and it all depends on the wax Im using and if I have used it before! Any new waxes or new scents have to wwait the 5 day min for me to do a full test on!

God Bless,

Lynn

I have always cured my candles. I generally cure for 3 days when testing for scent throw, sometimes longer depending on the scent. Now if I'm testing a NEW wax I usually let them cure a week to determine wicking. I've tested waxes that burn great after a few days and then discover in a week I litterally have to wick up!