Pourette

Does anyone order from this company? They have great prices and such a great selection of supplies. I need to order some dipping vat, mold weights and hold-a-mold and some other things. I know shipping might kill me from Seattle to Louisiana but I will have to see. But I was just wondering how their customer service and products are before I order form them.:highfive:

There metal molds are great. They bought out another mold manufacture in there state (The Barker Company) and now make standard molds and custom molds.

Their Molds are cheaper than other suppliers (because they make them) but I don't know if you will see any savings when you include shipping.

They also are the manufacture of the Reddig-Glo Diamond Candle Color ChipsTM and that is where other suppliers get theirs from and charge outragious prices for them. Buying the color chips from Pourette is alot cheaper.

FYI - I do know alot of other suppliers buy there molds from them since they are the manufacture. How do I know this, I ordered a mold from BCN a few years back and it came in the same box with the Pourette label on it.

I have not bought from them before but did email them recently to ask about their waxes and got a quick (same day) response. I found their waxes confusing because the names didn't correspond to the numbering system we are familiar with. This is what they told me (in case anyone here was wondering too):

The IGI-130 = 1325

The IGI-139 = 1343A

The IGI-150 = 1563B

Yep they get seams, but like anything, seams can be trimmed well ;) I've used a lot of their plastic molds and their metal molds. Used to sit around and sniff their amber FO too lol.

I have quiet of few of their molds and really like them. Yes the seam is a pain..but it's worth it. They metal molds are great too.

Cindy

They also are the manufacture of the Reddig-Glo Diamond Candle Color ChipsTM and that is where other suppliers get theirs from and charge outragious prices for them. Buying the color chips from Pourette is alot cheaper..

Oh man! I just bought some Reddig-glo chips from Peak last week! Oh well! LOL:eek:

• 6 months later...

I've ordered from pourette and found them great! I live in the UK and so customer service has to be good for me to get through to them about shipping etc. Pourette quoted me a great shipping price for surface mail and the items i got from them (moulds and dye mainly) were great! Not to mention i got it in about 2 weeks, so i think they didn't send it surface after all!

What are their fragrances like though? Any recommendations for when i next need some dye??

Would def recommend tho!!!!1

What are their fragrances like though? Any recommendations for when i next need some dye??

Would def recommend tho!!!!1

I used to order FO from Pourette and some where fine....Sandalwood, Amber, Rose and Blackberry(discontinued) were all good. But since I have gotten online and found Peak, Nature's Garden, BCN, RA, etc...I have stopped buying Pourette's FO. Many of their scents I didn't care for, not so realistic to me.

HTH

Janette

I used to buy a lot of stuff from Pourette until they started skimping out on orders. You have no idea whether or not an item is actually in stock when you order it from their website, and this is a major, MAJOR problem, especially when you've placed the same order three times and it doesn't come through any of the three times. I'll still order metal molds and dye chips from them, but for everything else, I have to look elsewhere to be sure I actually get what I order.

Conclusion:

For molds? They're tough to beat for metals, but avoid their plastics as they tend to be off-kilter...I've had to modify all the ones I bought from them just to get them to align properly. For dye chips? Very inexpensive and I've never had order problems with that. For everything else? Look elsewhere, there are much better suppliers out there.