Measuring Wax

Hi, I am really confused and could use some simple help. I've been struggling with measuring wax. I use pint mason jar empty weight 9.1 oz. with water weighs 1# 7.8 oz. Quart mason empty weighs 14.0oz w/water 2#12.4 oz. I use Ecosoya wax and would like to use 1.5 FO. Please advise how much wax to weigh out for pint and quart with 1.5 FO. I tried using calculator but still didn't work right for me. Please help - thanks. Johann

Are you wanting to pour this way because you have very little wax or you just want to fill 1 container?

To me that's just to hard. I pour by the LB because you add everything else FO, Color, Additives (if you use them) by the LB. Yes you may have some left over, but I pour it up too. I also pour up by the 1/2 LB if my color recipe will go half.

Others on here may can help you with the math and if you have a good digital scale that will measure small enough should work.

I'm pretty sure that the calculator is set up for paraffin and soy is different. Soy is only 18 liquid ounces to the pound vs. paraffin 20. If a pint jar holds 16 liquid ounces of water, divide by 1.125 to get 14.25 weighted ounces of wax. (Paraffin would be divided by 1.25 which would give you 12.8 ounces. That is pretty close to what the calculator is telling you.

My husband made a spreadsheet that I use to calculate out fragrance oil % for any amount of wax, down to ounces and grams. If you want a copy, just PM me with your e-mail address. I pour many single candles when testing and having to pour in 1lb increments would be a waste for me. :)

Hi Angela VA,I was reading some of the post and came across

your spredsheet information.I would like a copy of that also.Iam new to the post looking for all information .I will pm you is that ok.

Send me an e-mail and I'll reply with a copy of the spreadsheet :D

• 4 weeks later...

Angela I pmed you!!

My husband made a spreadsheet that I use to calculate out fragrance oil % for any amount of wax, down to ounces and grams. If you want a copy, just PM me with your e-mail address. I pour many single candles when testing and having to pour in 1lb increments would be a waste for me. :)

• 4 years later...

There is a link to one in the post right above yours which leads to a thread with a link to download the sheet. If you are interested in the one that AngelaVA has, you can click on her name and you should be able to email her from there. HTH