What is Soy Pro?

Melissa said its their own soy blend, thats suppose to be goof proof. I tested it the same time I did as the GB 464. It's very pretty wax with real smooth top. I'm not sure about the scent throw. But it's not on their web site for sale,yet. HTH

;) SouthernGal

It's not an additive. It's their own mixture of GB soy with a certain % of additives that they will sell exclusively. I understood it is suppose to help with frosting, adhesion, air bubbles, smooth tops and have a good scent throw. I have not tested it with color, so I can't vouch for frosting, yet. I'm not real sure about the scent throw, either. The one container I did use with it, was pretty. It has smooth top, good adhesion to the jar, no air bubbles and I didn't have to do a second pour. HTH

;) SouthernGal

Melissa said its their own soy blend, thats suppose to be goof proof. I tested it the same time I did as the GB 464. It's very pretty wax with real smooth top.

I thought 464 was supposed to be like that. This sounds really nice though. Wonder when it will be out and how much it will cost??

Hi all,

I am Melissa from SoyCandle.com

I think I can answer this question for you and I hope this helps also.

We will have it on the market within a few weeks (hopefully days)

The Soy-Pro is 90% soy, and 10% additives. The 10% is petroleum based, some of which is paraffin.

It makes for the best possible candle in my personal opinion. I have been with a team making candles for a nationally known company for ten years now, and I have never made better candles than what is made using the Soy-Pro. This includes 100% paraffin, blended para-soys, palms, beeswax, and most certainly 100% soy. Period.

If someone wants to make a 100% pure soy candle, this is not the wax for them. If they can settle for a 90% soy candle that does not frost, does not smoke, cools smooth and evenly, burns like a charm and throws scent like nobody's business, then Soy-Pro is the product for them. Hands down. I have been down the "pure soy" road, and in my opinion, it produces an inferior candle in many ways. This "Soy-Pro" wax is the real deal.

I am more than happy to answer any further questions if anyone has any by pm or email.

Take care

Melissa

Hellooo Melissa!! :yay: I'm off tomorrow and want to test with the f/o. Is their any tips on what temp to add the f/o with Soy Pro? I can't wait to try creme brulee you hooked me up with. I told some of teachers I was getting it in and they can't wait to test burn it:drool: . TIA

;) SouthernGal

The Soy-Pro is 90% soy, and 10% additives. The 10% is petroleum based, some of which is paraffin.

It makes for the best possible candle in my personal opinion. I have been with a team making candles for a nationally known company for ten years now, and I have never made better candles than what is made using the Soy-Pro. This includes 100% paraffin, blended para-soys, palms, beeswax, and most certainly 100% soy. Period.

If someone wants to make a 100% pure soy candle, this is not the wax for them. If they can settle for a 90% soy candle that does not frost, does not smoke, cools smooth and evenly, burns like a charm and throws scent like nobody's business, then Soy-Pro is the product for them. Hands down. I have been down the "pure soy" road, and in my opinion, it produces an inferior candle in many ways. This "Soy-Pro" wax is the real deal.

A spokesperson for reality. I think I love you.