Taking a LEAP...

prairieannie

...right on out of my comfort zone! I just found out I get to do an annual Holiday Craft market event. This is a 3 day show the 2, 3, and 4th of December called "Hollydaze" The lady who puts it on will only allow ONE of each genre of craft there...so I will be the only one who is doing B&B gift baskets, B&B products, candles and Frosted Critters :D There is someone else doing soap, BUT, she said I can still sell Bath and Body baskets with soap in them..just not seperately! AND she's been looking for someone to do the Critters hehehe. My SIL is a scrapbooker, and so we're combining forces and going for it! Since I've not ever done a show before, I have NO idea what a good fee is..but she's charging us $75 bucks for three days. I didn't figure that was too bad, especially since I won't have a lick of competition as far as my products go! Guess it's time to get some stock built up..I was just planning on a busy holiday season, but this kind of kicks it up a notch!:P

Sounds like fun! $75/3 days isn't bad at all. Congrats!

One thing to ask her is how they'll provide security overnight. It would be nice if you could leave your stuff there safely.

It's in a building owned by FOE I believe, so I imagine it'll be locked up tighter than a drum. But I'll certainly be asking about it now lol, thanks for the heads up!

Haven't gotten anywhere near to the point of selling yet but I used to set up an "info booth" at local festivals and fairs when I was an ATV Safety instructor

I loved it! Just getting to talk to and meet different people

"People watching" is one of my all-time favorite past-times lol

Best of luck and I know you will do fantastic

How great is that not having any competition with the same products?! I'm doing a 2-day holiday craft fair in November -- my first as well -- and I know there will be other candle crafters there. :( Makes me nervous but I've been working very hard to make my product look good and be priced competitively. And $75 for a 3-day gig is a good price if you ask me. I'm paying the same for the two days. My sister and I are going in together as well. She does B & B.

Good luck to you !!!!!

Did they tell you how many paying customers usually attend the show? The ave. one day holiday show out here is $50 so that's a great deal. Especially since you won't have any competition. Good Luck and start pouring and dipping or shooting up or whatever it is you do to those poor little bears.

Did they tell you how many paying customers usually attend the show? The ave. one day holiday show out here is $50 so that's a great deal. Especially since you won't have any competition. Good Luck and start pouring and dipping or shooting up or whatever it is you do to those poor little bears.

No, but I do know that the show is extremely well advertized. I'm so new to this type of thing that i had NO idea what kinds of questions to ask. :undecided As usual, I'm jumping into it with gusto, and will be learning my lessons as I go (no doubt by the 2X4 method:rolleyes2 ) <-- I find that those stick with me the best LOL. Anyone else have any good questions I need to ask before this thing is here and I am any MORE unprepared? hehe.. Please, if you do~ spill.