what color product is best?

I am using block color now but i find it hard to be consistant with the color. i see color chips. ARe they any good? if so where is a good place to get them. what is good to use to get the same color ( or close ) each time. i am getting pretty busy & i need a quick & easy way . Thank you

Well, I have almost NO experience. But...I've tried liquid, maybe I wasn't using a good brand or just not enough, but my candles were still pale. I tried the chunks and I wasn't crazy about those. It seemed hard to cut a piece off of them. I now use Reddig-glo dye chips and I love them. They are way more vibrant, IMO. I've heard the red may not mix as well. I haven't used the red yet. But, some more experienced people might have some better answers for you than I do. But if you want dye chips, the Reddig-glo chips are pretty good.:yay:

I second the Reddi-Glo dye chips. As of right now, I am making 8 oz jar candles and I use one chip for every half a pound because I like my colors to be very deep (with the dark) or bright and popping (with the pinks, bright greens, etc.). They work wonderful and I get pretty much the same color every time. No real noticeable difference unless I get down and look very closely. Like eye ball touching the glass closely.

Well, I have almost NO experience. But...I've tried liquid, maybe I wasn't using a good brand or just not enough, but my candles were still pale.

You have to use several drops to acheive darker colors, with they dye. But a bottle of dye will last you a very long time. Except for red, I am working with the same bottles of dye I started with 2-3 years ago, several of them are 1 oz. bottles. Lonestar and Peak both carry good liquid dyes.

You have to use several drops to acheive darker colors, with they dye. But a bottle of dye will last you a very long time. Except for red, I am working with the same bottles of dye I started with 2-3 years ago, several of them are 1 oz. bottles. Lonestar and Peak both carry good liquid dyes.

Yeah I got some dye from Hobby Lobby and used many squirts. I can't remember what brand. If you think about it, liquid obviously would dissolve better. I just think the dye I was using may have not been concentrated. I just like the chips...they're sort-of pre-measured for a humble beginner like me!

Exactly. I use the liquid and love them. It's very easy to get different shades and to mix colors.

I use basic color blocks and they work for me. You have to spend hours playing with color to get what you want. When I have a day when I'm feeling inspired, I go play with the colr blocks and discover new shade of all kinds of colors. I like deep colors too. No pastels for me!:lipsrseal

Liquid here, deep vibrant colors, and much faster than scraping the blocks. I was having to use a whole red color block to get 1 1/2 #'s of wax a true red. You can even make your own color blocks or chips if you wished to make sure your getting consistant coloring. Also IMO it seems cheaper in the long run. But your right about the quality making a HUGE difference, just like fo. The first bottles I tried were from a craft store and total crap. My second go was from Alabaster, LOVE them. My only complaint is with the packaging. Oh and too many colors to chose from, spend to much $ lol, they have 30 colors.

I have been using liquid for the most part since I started making candles. I have tried shaving the color blocks and the colors have been really beautiful..BUT no control really. The liquids do seem to last an uncanny amount of time...like the bottomless pit....easy to use and you can make any color you want. I personally never use more than 7 drops per LB anymore. I have loaded them up before but decided that a LOT of liquid dye HAD to have some effect on the burn, and it just was not necessary. I add black to some colors if I am wanting it deeper instead of using so much...also, after awhile instead of buying pink dye, most people just use a touch of red in the white wax etc...etc