Beach in a Bag

those are very pretty...your solar salts are huge, mine aren't even close to that big

Elle, I think hers are actually the salt pellets-at least that is what they look like to me. ;)

Speaking of which, last year at our local county fair, there was a lady there selling scented/dyed salt pellets. ???? Very unusual, she said they are for air fresheners. WIERD!! LOL

Hey guys... no they are not exactly the pellets... but they arent my normal solar salt either... something I ended up with when my hubby bought them... I have test them out lots and they seem to be fine... I dont use them for anything other then decoration though.

• 1 month later...
Solar salts are not safe for bath and body though. Are they not the salts that are for water softeners? If so, that is a big no - no.

Why would these be a no-no?? We use this salt to soften our water that is used on our bodies etc so I don't see the problem??

Why would these be a no-no?? We use this salt to soften our water that is used on our bodies etc so I don't see the problem??

its funny to see this pop up again...

... many people use solar salts... and I have heard no problemsm other then the fact that they do not hold the benifits of some of the other kinds of salt... but we knew that!!

There are differ types of salts for the water softener, you need to get the right bag that has no additives in with the salts (I think the additive is a type of rust remover~ that one is the no-no one ;) ).

Cute idea ~Beach in a Bag!

There are differ types of salts for the water softener, you need to get the right bag that has no additives in with the salts (I think the additive is a type of rust remover~ that one is the no-no one ;) ).

Cute idea ~Beach in a Bag!

yep your right... some are not pure... you have to watch the bag... this one and the other one I use are pure no additives and yes I have contacted the compainies and they say it is safe to use.