Black Aussie Clay Swirlies! (added cut pic in original post)

Brenda

This afternoon when I got home I whipped up a batch of soap and decided to do three things I'd never done before. One was to use black aussie clay to swirl with, the second was to use Peak's Mountain Lake FO, and the third was to swirl according to the tutorial that Robin posted in Soap in the City's "Best Way to Swirl in the Mold" thread.

Here's how it turned out:

black_aussie_clay_swirlies.jpg

Here are the cut bars. The swirls went through from top to bottom on most bars. Yay!:

aussie_clay.jpg

I don't have any chopsticks in the house so I rummaged around my "junk drawer" and found a plastic drink stirrer :cool2: that I used per the technique tutorial. It's a different feel and effect from my normal swirling I do with a one inch wide spatula. Now...I'm anxious to see if there is color all the way through. I'll know tomorrow after work when I cut it. The blue cast on the right side is a reflection from the window.

Mountain Lake from Peak is wonderful to soap. No acceleration, nice fresh scent with undertones of "outdoorsy manly" scents. Very nice!

And using the clay I bought from Gene in the classifieds was easy as can be!

Thanks for looking! Goal for my next batch....in the pot swirls a la AJ!:cheesy2:

Very pretty! Do you have a link to the swirl in the mold tutorial?

KMommy - Here's the link Robin posted: http://www.beauxeaux.com/swirltutorial/howtoswirl.htm I found it very helpful!

One of the things I enjoy so much about soaping is the endless variety of soaps that are possible. I love looking at everyone's beautiful soaps, sharing in your expertise, and being inspired to move to a new level of understanding about soaping. No two soaps ever look the same - each is beautiful and beneficial in its own way and that's the fun in soaping. It's like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates. I'm a "baby" soaper, not an expert by any means. :o Still learning. :cheesy2: I do appreciate your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

So you used the tutorial that Robin suggested, and this is the result?

WOW - Looks great!

I should be getting some FO's I ordered sometime next week, and will make some soap and try it too.......I can't wait....

Oh, first I have to make a slab mold.....

I bet it smells great!

Brenda, I really love the smell of your sandalwood rose soap. I'm in lovvvvve.

Still manly, but could go either way...........this looks like a manly soap too...LOL, a man wouldn't mind using a black and white soap, eh! (Have to throw my Canadian in there...)