What do you use?

What do ou adhere your wick to the container with?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What do ou adhere your wick to the container with?

Hi,,I use GE Silicone II for window and door treatment from Wal-Mart and it works GREAT!!! Within about 10 minutes after I put my wick in I heat my jars in the oven and they STAY!! It is in the paint section. I tried the hot glue and that didnt work,,I dont like the wickstickums. JMO

Silicone...those suckers never come loose...;) Found in the silicone area stuff at Walmart..comes in a little tube that you can hold in your hand, you don't need one of those silicone thing a ma bob guns...GE 100% Clear Silicone, you may not find it with those big huge tubes but it's in that area...Takes a bit to set up but well worth it...You will never ever ever have another wick base pull loose off the bottom of the jar.

Hi,,I use GE Silicone II for window and door treatment from Wal-Mart and it works GREAT!!! Within about 10 minutes after I put my wick in I heat my jars in the oven and they STAY!! It is in the paint section. I tried the hot glue and that didnt work,,I dont like the wickstickums. JMO

Do you know if they have this stuff at Ace Hardware? Walmart isn't really close to me and the whole world will be there today. TIA

I use both wick stickums and silicone. Because silicone has to set up, I only use it when I know in advance that I'm going to pour. If I decide last minute to do it, then I go with a stickum. Silicone is much better though, because it will not come undone.