What do you use?

What do ou adhere your wick to the container with?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What do ou adhere your wick to the container with?

yep silicone -- will not go back to stickums -- and glue dots are a waste of time -- only use them in baskets to keep stuff from sliding around. We also try to wick ahead, but have found we can use silicone after about 30 minutes - in a pinch -

• 7 months later...
Hi,,I use GE Silicone II for window and door treatment from Wal-Mart and it works GREAT!!! Within about 10 minutes after I put my wick in I heat my jars in the oven and they STAY!! It is in the paint section. I tried the hot glue and that didnt work,,I dont like the wickstickums. JMO

Ditto (except I don't heat my jars)

I use the GE Silicone II also. Nothing else works for me. As soon as the hot wax hits the glue and the stickums they come loose. EVERY TIME.. It was getting so frustrating, so my hub -who works for a window company- brought me home some of the white silicone and it worked GREAT. I found the clear at Wal-Mart and havent went back to anything else in over 3 years!!

I use the hot glue gun. But after reading this post I am going to try the silicone. The stringy glue and burn fingers would be nice to be rid of. Thanks for the info from the all pros again. You guys are wonderful with suggestions and information. :D