How to make Peach color??

Okay, I am color-impaired. I want to make pinky-peachish color. I use liquid dyes and have:

red

yellow

honey/vanilla

orange

brown

(as well as other colors, but those probably won't be good for making peach).

Anyway, can someone help me make this color? I have tried a few times and have up with deep red, orange and something that looked like vomit. I need help, lol. :undecided I going to attach a pic of the color I'm trying to get. Thanks!

post-207-13945839529_thumb.jpg

candlescience has die chips, salmon or melon would do it for you.

For my peach I used one melon/or salmon(I couldnt tell a differance with these colors) chip per pound of wax and got a color like your pic.

Now I would be close to that color with the coral and can't remember what else liquid dye, however one drop of coral gets pretty orange.

so what if we try the ever tiniest drop of orange and an even tinier drop of yellow?

I think one drop of both might become too much as may even a 1/2 drop. Then if you want a twinge of pink later, just lightly touch something into the red to get a grazing of color and add it, but don't add it unless you aren't getting the peach through orange and yellow.

My answer would be to order liquid color from Candles & Supplies or another supplier that sells peach coloring.

That's definitely what I should do, but guess what?? I just placed an order from Peak right before I started testing this FO :undecided . But since SpellKast is nice enough to go to Peak and pick up some things this Friday, I think I'll Pm her about it. I don't want to pay $8 in UPS shipping for one bottle of dye.

Hmmm.. Purple is a very helpful color in making cream and yellow colors.. WHO KNEW? I almost have to try it now to convince myself! :D
After seeing the chart I decided to try the black. I mixed red blue and yellow powder dye in some Crisco and it worked. Yellow powder is one of the hardest to dissolve, which threw it off a little and I got the exact purplish cast that you see in the black color blocks and chips. Adding yellow does fix it, and those who are adding brown are accomplishing the same thing because the brown amounts to purple plus a lot of yellow.

The color wheel people. Didn't ya'll take art in school?? There are 3 primary colors that all other colors are derived from Red, Blue and Yellow. With those 3 colors you can mix any other color that you can dream up. No need to buy 30 different variations of dye. The white wax gives you the "lightness" for shading. I do buy brown to dull my colors, but that is the only one other than the 3 primaries. Gives me more money to spend on FO :)

for example. Easiest burgandy - 3 parts red 1 part brown perfect burgandy every time.

Mixing in crisco is a great idea too! I had not thought of that trick. You could make your own color blocks if you are so inclined. A good use of leftover wax.

Dat

The color wheel people. Didn't ya'll take art in school?? There are 3 primary colors that all other colors are derived from Red, Blue and Yellow. With those 3 colors you can mix any other color that you can dream up. No need to buy 30 different variations of dye. The white wax gives you the "lightness" for shading. I do buy brown to dull my colors, but that is the only one other than the 3 primaries. Gives me more money to spend on FO :)

for example. Easiest burgandy - 3 parts red 1 part brown perfect burgandy every time.

Mixing in crisco is a great idea too! I had not thought of that trick. You could make your own color blocks if you are so inclined. A good use of leftover wax.

Dat

Where can I find this color wheel...cause I'm all about saving money!

A color wheel is just an artist's tool to depict the flow and mix of colors to create new colors. It is not a specific tool or website. I am sure if you search the term you will find lots of hits. Any chart that shows how colors blend from one to the next is a variation of the color wheel.

Dat

I never took art in school. Instead, I took classes I could pass, lol. I am terrible at this kind of stuff, but may just have to look around for our color wheel. DH is a great artist (though he's an engineer by day) and I know we have one somewhere in the house. Probably stashed back in the attic.

This chart is handy, as far as it goes.

http://www.gellycandle.com/ColorChart.html

:rolleyes: Doh! Wished I would of seen that this weekend. Ran out of Black and coudln't come up with a good solution. Had a lady at the Craft Store tell me that no one uses black in candles. :shocked2: I had to laugh at her. Couldn't help it. Went to ten different Craft stores in the seattle area and not a one stocked black. I can't remember making a black candle, but I sure do use a lot of it to deepen other colors. Of course this was the weekend my wife wanted to make some marbled black & gray saturns. Spent hours lurking on line for a color mixing chart and couldn't find one and it was here the whole time.

:rolleyes: Doh! Wished I would of seen that this weekend. Ran out of Black and coudln't come up with a good solution. Had a lady at the Craft Store tell me that no one uses black in candles. :shocked2: I had to laugh at her. Couldn't help it. Went to ten different Craft stores in the seattle area and not a one stocked black. I can't remember making a black candle, but I sure do use a lot of it to deepen other colors. Of course this was the weekend my wife wanted to make some marbled black & gray saturns. Spent hours lurking on line for a color mixing chart and couldn't find one and it was here the whole time.

If you're looking for black powdered dye or dye chips in Seattle, I've never known Pourette to be out of those. I don't know where liquid dye is to be found around here though. Poruette is in Ballard.