Jamaica cut

Scented

OK what's the secret to oxides? Or is there none? This seems to have speckles of color throughout and one piece bled. It's still very soft so I stopped cutting. Scented Jamaica Me Crazy. Oh and nothing caved in on the liner this time! Whoo hooo!

[ATTACH]4793[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458393786_thumb.jpg

OK what's the secret to oxides? Or is there none? This seems to have speckles of color throughout and one piece bled. It's still very soft so I stopped cutting. Scented Jamaica Me Crazy. Oh and nothing caved in on the liner this time! Whoo hooo!

[ATTACH]4793[/ATTACH]

Look-see:)

Those look very nice. Love the colors!!

You picked great colors! As others have said, the secret is mix, mix, mix. I often use oxides. I start with about a quarter teaspoon in 1 oz of warm water and stir with a wisk. One thing I learned from MMS when I got some of their colors in Bunny's co-op - add some glycerin to the mix to help incorporate the powder into the liquid. I also sometimes take a few tablespoons of raw soap and add that to my oxide/water/glycerin mix, stir, stir, stir again and then add that to the soap in the pot. That usually works for even the most stubborn oxides. HTH!

Thanks for everyone's compliments.

Dee, I added the coloring to 1 T of glycerine and mixed and mixed and mixed. Obviously I need to mix more ;) but that was the first I heard of mixing water and oxides. So adding water helps more?

And why, if anyone knows, does the dark blue seem to be harder to mix? Remember I'm new to the color aspect :) I don't expect to be spooned the info, but if there's a place to better research color, well I'm all eyes.

YES she is hooked!! LOL

No! No!! I'm in denial on that one!! I have to get a good pink and apparently work harder to mix up those colors.

When color leaks, will it ever harden? Like I don't want to turn teal and blue when I use this stuff. Or should it be canned and try again?