~Just lays on floor and cries eyes out~

Four years of testing, re-testing, note taking, re-note taking, scribbles, wick sizes, ALL OF IT, my notebook is destroyed!

~Thinks I'm feeling a massive fainting spell coming on~

Every last page has scribbles, not just with blue ink, but black and magic marker, not to mention crayon.....

My last house guest....I just got off the phone with her, her daughter thought it was a coloring book?!? What does mom do? NEVER says a word to me and just puts the notebook back. This book was on the top shelf of my Green Room closet, what the hell was a three year old doing number one, in a closet without an adult and number two, high enough to get that notebook, which was also underneath a couple of boxes. 'I didn't realize it was that important'...

And absolutely NO apology at all.

What, in the name of the Gods am I gonna do now??? I've been away from it far too long this time to be able to go from memory and there were so many candles, countless hours of burn tests, FO rating, additive formulations, wick tests...

That's it, I'm fainting now....

I feel your pain, last April I lost all of my notes, along with all of my equipment, supplys, roof over our head, everything to a house fire. In a case like this, the only thing you can do is look for a bright/good side, sometimes its harder than others but theres always a bright side.

whether on a computer or in a notebook~ Please make coppies and store them in a safe deposit box.

A similar thing happen to me when my notebook was stolen out of my truck but because I use a special shorthand and made two copies of the notebook, I was fine.

I found out who took it and Yes, it was actually returned to my truck too. I know for a fact they couldn't make heads or tails out of the notes so they were of NO use to them! LOL!:P

Still I'm very sorry for your loss and I don't think that friend would be visiting me again any time soon.:embarasse

I am sooo sorry for you. Must be awful. I think that was pretty nasty not to say anything about it. Maybe the same old advive of everything on hard copy should also be on disk.? Wish I could take my own advice on this. Will be doing mine on disk soon!! Hopefully you can salvage or remember the most important ones.

Kitty....OMG....I do feel sick to my stomach too. I just can't even imagine how terrible you are feeling. I have only lost a few things here and there, not 4 years worth. My 3 year old granddaughter drives me crazy.....her mother doesn't watch her either....they all live with me.....they are ruining my house and furniture, but I can replace that....not notes. She was sprinkling sand all over my last teardrop orchid candles and mixing up my chunks, again....can fix that...just annoyed. I am going to pay attention to what happened to you and back up everything. So sorry. Auntie D.

Miss Kitty....first of all, once again I feel compelled to offer my ass kicking services. Free of charge, of course, to fellow Chandlers who have been BURNED. Second....IMHO you are 100% justified if you decide to self medicate.This is serious stuff!

I know you have probably done this...but is there a way to go through the "defaced remains" page by page...and try and remove the Crayola/Marker etc?? SOMETIMES if you work on it diligently you can get down to what has been marked over well enough to read it and rewrite it. Just a thought. Before I gave up on the idea, I would try a variety of products and give it a shot.

Another option (that could be expensive) is to contact one of the companies that restores old documents. If they couldn't/wouldn't help you, they may could suggest a fluid that you could "soak" your papers in individually.

Trying to be solution orientated here. I have only been at this for about 1.5 years but I just can't imagine losing my scribble.

Sorry to hear about your notes. I wish I had a solution for you. I can't imagine losing mine. I do 3 copies of everything. One on computer and 2 hard copies, which are in a fireproof safe. I hope you can recoup some of them. Just take a deep breath and hopefully some of them you can still make out from memory and reading through the scribbles. Some people are so inconsiderate about apologizing when it comes to their children.