Ez Wick Setters

I have the single wick one and like it but can't use it most of the time because of a problem with wicks.

For most of my jars I use safety wicks, the ones with the longer / taller neck on the wick tab. I have found that 99% of these wicks do not hold in the wick tab, they pull out. I then have to crimp them before I use the wick and now the wick tab will not fit the wick setter.

Do any of you have problems with wicks pulling out?

For most of my jars I use safety wicks, the ones with the longer / taller neck on the wick tab. I have found that 99% of these wicks do not hold in the wick tab, they pull out. I then have to crimp them before I use the wick and now the wick tab will not fit the wick setter.
If you use the right tool to crimp them they will still fit in the wick setter. You don't want to use needle nose pliers because that will flatten out the neck. A wire terminal crimper works well and someone recently suggested a bead crimper. The latter sounds like a good idea too but I haven't tried it yet.

I love mine! It sat on the shelf for a few months after I got it. Just looks too weird. But once I started using it.. No more eyeballing, no more peeling off hot glue on the tabs cause it was off centered. I would definetely recommend!

I love mine and use with silicone too. I find if I use too small a dot of silicone it will not pull off the magnet. Use a bigger dab and it will work perfect every time. Also the jewerly crimp tool works great cause it is made to push in and fold over but with a tall tab you may have to work it up the stem. I had a batch of wicks that would not hold, kept pulling out. I called the company and they replaced them. New ones were much better. If you have electric wire crimpers they will work too. HTH

You find it works OK with silicone? There's a magnet that holds the wick tabs to the setter and the silicone isn't sticky until it sets up.

Maybe my magnet doesn't work? lol I've never had the wick stick to the setter just the bottom of the jar. I didn't even know that metal thingie was a magnet. lol

And I do let the wicks set up for at least an hour (if I'm in a hurry and wick the same day as I pour) usually though I will wick the day or night before I pour.