What's going on with Rustic Escentuals and Just Scent?

doglvr

Did anyone get the letter from RE introducing their move to a new "home?"  Their new home is WSP along with other members Crafter's Choice, Just Scent, and Elements.  I looked at RE as I have alot of their oils and prices presently are about the same as they have been, but I worry they will skyrocket and am I ever sunk if they do.  I looked at Crafter's Choice fragrance oils and could not believe the prices.  Over 8.00 for a 2 oz. sample.  That is insane!  Are their oils that good?  They are right up there with Sweetcakes and I had to give up Hotel Costas years ago because of the cost of the oil.  My order came to 89.00 and shipping was free. Does anyone know if prices increases will be a concern now that places are joining this group?  This smells so bad of "big comglomerate" and that is not usually good.  Anyone have any info on what is going on?  Thanks

Thanks for the heads-up!  I knew the day was coming when they finally consolidated all their separate sites into one, but I didn't know it finally happened.

I too am worried about what the future brings, but that's a constant worry with any supplier.  For now, I like that I can combine Just Scent, Rustic and WSP products into a single order and get free shipping for $25 orders.  (I definitely would have preferred that JC and Rustic were still independent -- they stopped putting out new scents when WSP bought them, and I really miss that -- but since they're not, I like that the sites are now consolidated.)

On 8/19/2023 at 11:23 AM, doglvr said:

I looked at Crafter's Choice fragrance oils and could not believe the prices.  Over 8.00 for a 2 oz. sample.  That is insane!  Are their oils that good?

A lot of people love them.  I haven't been overly impressed with them myself, but I've only tried about 30.  For a hobbyist like me, and someone who primarily makes candles, it's hard to spend $8-$24 on a 2 oz sample, especially when my hit-to-miss ratio is only about 1 hit to every 10 misses.  Hopefully they won't raise JS and Rustic prices to CC levels.

Luckily for me, I'm stocked up on all the JS and Rustic scents I need.  (Except for one JS scent that I was just about to stock up on...they just discontinued it in the last couple weeks. 🙄)

• 1 month later...

My biggest concern with the mergers was that they'd start dumping some of the JS and RE scents, and they did.  Right away.  Even though the JS Aveda dupes were more expensive, the quality was worth it.  Shampure flies off the shelves for me, and I didn't want to compromise on that.  I finally ran low on Rosemary Mint and went to get another bottle and poof, it was just gone from the JS catalog.  My heart sank.  No warning, no clearance, no sale, just GONE.  Yeah it's nice that the WSP site allows you to search by company but doesn't that look weird to everyone, having 4 different brands in the same shop and some of them carry the same scents?  IMHO their catalog is a MESS now, and the timing for fulfillment and shipping sucks.  RE was one of the very first companies I started buying from, and while their shipping costs were higher, the customer service was top-notch.  I never had to wait a week to have an order processed.  Now it takes 2-3 weeks.  I saw the collective groan out here when RE sold.  They both carry exclusives I'm afraid to see go.  I can't help but think of the employees out of their jobs too.  Good news though is there are a lot more newer carriers popping up.  I live in the Omaha, NE area and always complained we didn't have anything within driving distance.  Finally someone opened a shop out here.  There's nothing like being able to walk into a place and get your stuff in real time, smell oils before buying and being able to grab emergency clamshells or beeswax in a day, not get stuck waiting in some insane queue.  I was so jealous of everyone working with a local supplier.

I suppose one good thing came out of the merger....free shipping!  

• 4 months later...

The prices are insane! Then the shipping is terribly slow.  I've been testing oils from other companies. Midwest is a good one, as well as Flaming and Fragrance Buddy.

I noticed Bitter Creek is back running again, but to ship 4 16oz bottles at almost $70.00 is way out of my price range.

On 1/25/2024 at 3:25 AM, coffeebean said:

The prices are insane! Then the shipping is terribly slow.  I've been testing oils from other companies. Midwest is a good one, as well as Flaming and Fragrance Buddy.

I noticed Bitter Creek is back running again, but to ship 4 16oz bottles at almost $70.00 is way out of my price range.

Have you noticed Fragrance Buddy's new website?  It looks a lot like the "new" ones that were taken over by WSP.  And their prices went way up. :(   

Edited by franu61

On 1/25/2024 at 5:25 AM, coffeebean said:

... I noticed Bitter Creek is back running again, but to ship 4 16oz bottles at almost $70.00 is way out of my price range.

I don't know if they'll still offer it, but it used to be that you could e-mail them to tell them what you'd like to order and they could arrange for a Flat Rate box.  You might try that to see if they'll do that for you.  It seems the shopping carts only calculate things one way and it's not always the best!

Edited by birdcharm

18 hours ago, birdcharm said:

I don't know if they'll still offer it, but it used to be that you could e-mail them to tell them what you'd like to order and they could arrange for a Flat Rate box.  You might try that to see if they'll do that for you.  It seems the shopping carts only calculate things one way and it's not always the best!

Thank you, I'll try that.

• Like 1