Chicago Candle & Soap Conference 2005

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a great idea about the layover. Trish, also look at Cincinatti or Lousiville if you can leave on Thurs and we will fetch you. Cincinatti would be ok for Friday too, but Lousiville would be too long of a trip.

Are we still doing the product game thingie that we signed up for on the old board?I forget what it was called! :D

As far as i know yes we are still doing it. i found the original post

Ok, this was Shutterbugg's idea, but she's making me do the grunt work!

We want to have a white elephant Friday night at the hotel, after dinner (to be sure all who are flying in and want to play can be there).

All items must be made by you, but doesn't have to be soaps or candles. I've seen some awesome bead work and other things ya'll can do!

Value is a minimum of 8 bucks, and a max of 20 bucks. Items must be wrapped with no identifying markings on the outside.

So far we have 19 people coming from CT.. So if everyone plays, we'll have 19 gifts. We'll all draw a number out of a hat, (or bowl, or bra, or whatever's handy and depending on how much we've had to drink). Person with the #1 gets to pick a box, unwraps it, and sits down. Person #2 gets to pick a box, OR pick the items that person #1 has. If person #2 picks person #1's box, person #1 gets to choose another box. Person #3 can take box #1, box #2, or chooses a wrapped gift. And so on and so forth.

If you possess the same box 3 times, the box is yours!

Who wants to play (and if you don't sign up, and realize at the last minute you can play, just bring your gift, the more people the more fun this is!!!)

And here was the list of everyone that signed up for it....

1. Bunny

2. Leslie

3. Kimberly

5. AngieM

6. Scented

7. Carmen (EB Candles)

8. Terri

9. Glenda

10. Pamw

11. Georgia

12. Amanda

12. Jim