Tropical Scents?

AngelaVA

I'm looking for something to add to my line in the spring. I want a tropical fruity scent that smells like summer and vacation, etc, but with NO coconut in it. I also don't want to to smell like a kids fruit punch or like a fruity cereal. It is really hard to describe what I am looking for, but I know that my nose will know when I find it, lol. Any suggestions? TIA!

Thanks, keep me posted on how the FOs smell. I just ordered a sample of Mango-Papaya from Peak, maybe that wil be what I'm looking for. I tried Jamaican Me crazy from JS, but not quite what I want. JS Mimosa Mandarin is really nice too, but I want something more tropical.

i just got a "tropical sensation" sample pack from rustic escentuals. i loved pretty much every sample! only thing is, when you order the sample pack, the website doesnt tell you exactly which scents are in it. i got, almost paradise, orchid rain, mediterranean garden, island mist, hawaiian pineapple, crystal blue waters, ocean breeze, coco-mango, serengeti sunset, and monkey farts.

I have a sample of the Tropical Rain and, while it is very nice in it's own way, it is just too perfumey for me. Not a straight tropical scent. I noticed though, that she does have a Tropical Fruit. I might have to give Becky another call and see what she thinks about that one.

Try Almost Paradise from Rustic Escentuals. I have it, and it doesn't smell like it has coconut in it at all, but it's a very tropical scent..I love it! Off the top of my head, I think it's a mix of peaches, pineapples, strawberry and a little vanilla...that's what it smells like to me anyway. It's great! Also, hawaiian breeze and jamaica me crazy from JS are great tropical scents. I use Jamaica me crazy from Peaks because I like the coconut base, but JS's smells TOTALLY different to me...I don't smell any coconut in it at all...and hawaiian breeze is a wonderful scent- again one that I don't detect a coconut base in. I love the tropical smelling scents!! You could always mix your own, too! I have my own "tropical" mix that I call beach bum that people love even more than jamaica me crazy :)

Well here's what we're trying out lol .. (and doesn't appear to have coconut in it):

Lick Me All Over (not my cup of tea, but has a fruity something to it that seems light to me)

Jungle Love

Monkey Farts

(all the above is NG)

Was looking for something hawaiian breeze to try out.

Probably none of those helped you though.

Thanks for all the suggestions!! Looks like I need to order more samples, lol. Oh well, I was probably going to do it anyway. I really like spring and am ready for some new and different scents. My Peak Manog Papaya will be here on Wednesday and I think I will go ahead and order from JS and RE. So many FOs, so little time . . . ;)

I got JS tropical rain..soaped it and really don't like it. maybe better luck in wax. but not a favorite.

JS Kapalua Bay is awesome, tropical paradise, and fruity! No cocnut. Lovely. I can send you a sniffer if you like. pm me if you like

• 1 year later...

I think the 2nd batch of votives I ever poured was using Bramble Berry's 'Sunset', and that has still been one of my best batches. Looove the scent and will be buying a big bottle, and it was popular with my friends. That and 'Sex on the Beach' are my favorite non-coconutty Summer staples. Description from Brambleberry.com :

"A lovely fruity floral blend. Lemon, lime, apple, orange, peach and grapefruit combine with violet, lavender and lilac and dry down with a soft musky note."

If you're curious, I used IGI 4794 wax and 36-24-24 zinc wicks, and that was a terrific combination for this FO.

Darbla