Need a Best Lavender Scent

Brooke

Hi, Well I tried Peaks Lavender and to my nose it didn't smell true. I made some candles and took one to work. A coworker said that it reminded him of an URINAL CAKE found in the men's room. :embarasse He said that it stunk when cold but smelled ok when lit. I am now looking for another to try.

Okay this may be a really Dumb Question - but why are you using FO and not EO?

I have NOT tried using Lavender EO in a candle - is there some reason it Does NOT work?? Does it morph or something weird:shocked2:

I've only used EO but I don't think it fills the room like an FO. I got an FO sample from candlescience and it smells very close to the real thing. And doesn't smell like a urinal cake, in the bottle anyway. I will get it soon, then I will know if it is any good out of the bottle.

Try mixing your Peaks Lavender with a sweet vanilla, like BCN Vanilla Velvet, and you'll have an awesome smelling candle. 1/3 Lavender, 2/3 Vanilla Velvet. If you're looking for a lavender that is more mellow, you might try one of the Lavender Fields that many suppliers carry.

Candles and Supplies has a really nice Lavender and Fresh Herbs. It is different than the regular lavender and throws really well. They also have a Lavender Tea, which I love. Very different take on lavender and it throws well too. I don't use many FOs from there, but I do love these two.