Rant on CS

The Candle Nook

So my husband just keeps playing on his phone while I LOSE MY MIND over CS reformulating ridiculousness...so I’m here. With those who understand and feel my pain. They are now reformulating LAVENDER — and it ALREADY is phy free and  prop65 good. I am BEYOND irritated with ones who were my # 1 supplier for YEARS!  I just posted  the following...doubt they’ll care...but...

“Well. I don’t applaud CS for changing their FO. MANY of the changed scents are NOT the same and DO NOT work the same in candles. (Cranberry Marmalade and Peppermint Bark) Maybe soap is different. But with candles the customer is always BURNING A WAX AND WICK. I use soy because My customers like it instead of paraffin. Even though lavender is free of phy and prop 65 — you are changing it because ingredients are CLOSE??? CS has gone from my favorite supplier and the co I come to first — to my most frustrating supplier. Wouldn’t it be interesting for CS to carry all of their FO choices and see what the customer ACTUALLY BUYS!”

thank you all for letting me VENT 😡😡😡😡😡

• Like 3

CS are not the only company that is this, as frustrating as it maybe i imagine that it's beyond the control of cs, our fav FO supplies company ( based in ireland ) are doing the same as in finding another supplier for the fo's that they sell, you, us, everyone has no choice but to adapt to the change and get on with it, we are struggling to find the vessels that we use but it's pointless and a waste of energy ranting about it, find a solution and move on.

I agree totally @TallTayl if the suppliers would just give everyone a heads up it would help, well everyone that subscribes to their email notifications anyway.  They know way before we do that the mfgs need to reformulate (I guess if you have nothing but time you could continuously research on this).  Why not advise customers, last chance to buy the old formula?  It's not just CS but I understand the frustration!

• Like 1

I’m with you. It is frustrating.  They are now at the very bottom of my supplier list. I am in NC and every other maker around uses CS so even their good scents are overdone here.  I’m using AFI more and more now due to this very issue.  Reducing my dependence on CS & other suppliers in general. I do use the CS wick guide and refer to some of their info from time to time, but my dollars are going elsewhere.

Good luck to you!  

• Like 1

@bfroberts not a surprise with you being in NC. I’m in Texas and don’t do many of Lone Star’s fragrances. Altho I almost always buy my wax and jars there and pick up so I don’t have to pay shipping. I tried a couple of AFI dupes for CS cranberry marmalade and they weren’t the same....have a couple of others to try in Jan 

7 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

@bfroberts not a surprise with you being in NC. I’m in Texas and don’t do many of Lone Star’s fragrances. Altho I almost always buy my wax and jars there and pick up so I don’t have to pay shipping. I tried a couple of AFI dupes for CS cranberry marmalade and they weren’t the same....have a couple of others to try in Jan 

It sucks that the Cranberry Marmalade didn’t work out. That was a good one. I bought a ton from CS when they discontinued it so I don’t need that one. I started with the Odor Eliminator dupe and it was a good one, then found a couple others, then just continued to branch out to different scents altogether.  If I find a comparable Cranberry Marm I’ll let you know. 🙂

• Thanks 1