Scent that won’t work

Has anyone experienced a specific scent that no matter WHAT to you , you just cannot get a scent throw from?? My supplier has said this scent is tried tested and true and she has heard people get a great throw from it and I’ve made at least 20 of this same scent in different ways and cannot get a throw. 

time to give up on it maybe 

3 hours ago, lisamrtr said:

GW464 and freedom soy 

containers are 2 3/8” in diameter - I’ve tried premier cotton medium, HTP93, HTP105 and everywhere from 6% to 10.5% fragrance load 

Ditto to candy’s curing question above, 

It is possible that your wick was too large for the FO. Sometimes wicking down helps delicate notes in FO, especially in narrower containers. 

I used to use CD wicks in 464. I would have started with cd6 or possibly 8 in a narrow jar.  Some say HTP is Practically identical to cd, but I cannot confirm that,  also not sure what htp 93 or 105 would translate to in cd. 

I cure for minimum 2 weeks! 

I’m not sure either because I can’t get my hands on CD so have no idea the equivalence. The melt pools and everything doesn’t act like the wick is too big and I’m trying to make these to sell so I feel like changing wicks per scent is not realistic when it comes time to be pouring in higher quantities. May have to just give up on the ones that aren’t working for me 

3 minutes ago, lisamrtr said:

I cure for minimum 2 weeks! 

I’m not sure either because I can’t get my hands on CD so have no idea the equivalence. The melt pools and everything doesn’t act like the wick is too big and I’m trying to make these to sell so I feel like changing wicks per scent is not realistic when it comes time to be pouring in higher quantities. May have to just give up on the ones that aren’t working for me 

For grins, do try a wick down to see. HTP run pretty hot.

HTP93 is too small a wick for all of my scents in that Size container. Maybe it’s the amount of fragrance I’m using - I’m having issues with mushrooming as well so I’m retesting at a lower % 

thanks for all the suggestions!

16 hours ago, lisamrtr said:

HTP93 is too small a wick for all of my scents in that Size container. Maybe it’s the amount of fragrance I’m using - I’m having issues with mushrooming as well so I’m retesting at a lower % 

thanks for all the suggestions!

Mushrooming is often a symptom of overwicking. Too much fuel is getting Pumped through the wick to burn effectively. The carbon is the result of the flooded wick. The carbon ball actually lowers the temps around the flame and melt pool, crushing a lot of potential Ht.

Try the smaller wicks and let burn for two hours you might change your mind. Also mushrooms can happen when you don’t use sharp tools to cut wick. If you see a mushroom first burn, try trimming see if it helps. I do think lower your fragrance load to 6-7 per cent and try smaller wick. What you might think is a good wick at beginning of candle burn can change when you get to middle.

23 hours ago, NightLight said:

Try the smaller wicks and let burn for two hours you might change your mind. Also mushrooms can happen when you don’t use sharp tools to cut wick. If you see a mushroom first burn, try trimming see if it helps. I do think lower your fragrance load to 6-7 per cent and try smaller wick. What you might think is a good wick at beginning of candle burn can change when you get to middle.

Will do! I’m finding it’s mostly the heavier scents acting up with the mushrooming as the same % in lighter scents is perfect with the same wicks and same jars. 
ohhhh the testing never ends!!!