Ideas for a simple e-commerce site to sell products.

kdes7

If you looking to sell your products via your website or a stand alone option for starers and no cost or little cost for upgraded feature would be Ecwid. They offer a free basic website with robust selling  features (for being free) with integration on Facebook , IG and other social medai outlets or your existing web site. Best part is there are no transaction fees , like you'd  have with shopify and other eCommerce sites. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems anyone with an existing square acct is good. Starting a new website/acct within square, because square has acquired weebly, it’s saying you need to use square that way.  I am definitely not tech savvy and will accept any help or suggestions or correction!  Lol. 

On 8/14/2019 at 9:45 AM, kdes7 said:

I will check out Ecwid!  Thank you! Yes 

Good choice. I use Ecwid. Lots of great features and works well. I'll be staying with them into the next year. I find it a little complicated, but most of it is a challenge for me.:)

• 6 months later...

Well I'm back trying to get by website up and running.  My Square site finally moved over to Weebly, and I can't tell if I like it or not.  I guess I should check out Ecwid.  For enjoying tech, it is amazing how much I'm avoiding building a website (mostly due to the cost of the more professional hosts).  

If you have a shop like Etsy, a simple inexpensive Wordpress site to blog and point to your etsy shop is easy and can look sharp.

if you want your e-commerce directly integrated in that blog site, woocommerce is only about $70 per year and surprised me ( in a very good way) when I built one for an artist client. the hard part is if hosting on word press you will be forced to upgrade from the cheap plan to business which is more$$. If you can self-host the cost is much lower per month.

a lot of dissatisfied etsy shops moved to Shopify. I looked at it and prefer BigCommerce just because of the added flexibility for multiple unit discount structure pricing across categories. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

If you have a shop like Etsy, a simple inexpensive Wordpress site to blog and point to your etsy shop is easy and can look sharp.

if you want your e-commerce directly integrated in that blog site, woocommerce is only about $70 per year and surprised me ( in a very good way) when I built one for an artist client. the hard part is if hosting on word press you will be forced to upgrade from the cheap plan to business which is more$$. If you can self-host the cost is much lower per month.

a lot of dissatisfied etsy shops moved to Shopify. I looked at it and prefer BigCommerce just because of the added flexibility for multiple unit discount structure pricing across categories. 

Yup, I just went down the rabbit hole of re-reading all the threads here and looking around online.  It seems like people (online) aren't happy with Shopify and their transaction fee (unless you use shopify payments, which doesn't have seller protections).  I have a Square reader now for local sales, but that doesn't integrate well with Shopify.  I do see Shopify has readers now for local sales.  It does sounds like Shopify is more popular and "easier" than BC or Wix, but as you've said before, why not pay the same price for more features and get BC.    

I get the whole "just do an Etsy store" thing, but I think I want to grow my customers locally more than online, at least to start.  

57 minutes ago, Paintguru said:

Yup, I just went down the rabbit hole of re-reading all the threads here and looking around online.  It seems like people (online) aren't happy with Shopify and their transaction fee (unless you use shopify payments, which doesn't have seller protections).  I have a Square reader now for local sales, but that doesn't integrate well with Shopify.  I do see Shopify has readers now for local sales.  It does sounds like Shopify is more popular and "easier" than BC or Wix, but as you've said before, why not pay the same price for more features and get BC.    

I get the whole "just do an Etsy store" thing, but I think I want to grow my customers locally more than online, at least to start.  

Just food for thought, etsy reaches customers that I would never be able to reach. I have hundreds of loyal followers that are very different from my core hand cultivated market. It’s an enhancement not a replacement for marketing strategy.

That said Etsy and their ridiculous Rules, fees, and the new advertising requirement are just gross. But that’s OK I will use it to my advantage.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...