EcoSoya closing?

From

https://4candlesuk.blogspot.com/2019/07/ecosoya-permanently-cease-trading.html

Hi Everyone, 
I’m contacting you with a heavy heart. It is with deep sadness that I say we at NGI/EcoSoya are now going out of business after over 20 years. Being part of the candle industry, I know what this means for you and I am truly sorry for the resulting hardship that this causes. Please know that we have done everything we can to keep you supplied. This action is not by choice and comes as a result of a series of situations.
As you know, in late 2016 our manufacturer abruptly and with only a few weeks notice discontinued making our waxes leaving us and you with no supply. For many years prior to that, we had been searching for parallel manufacturing with no luck. As if by a small miracle, in late 2017/early 2018 we successfully found and worked very hard with another key component supplier to properly produce our very unique chemistry and supply came back. All was going great again until this new supplier, for unknown reasons, stopped producing the quality we needed to provide you with successful well performing wax.
As a result we are unable to secure supply with no apparent recourse, resulting in our closure. EcoSoya soy waxes are still unparalleled in performance and NGI is credited with creating the soy wax industry. Honors that I will cherish!
Please know that I, and my team, greatly appreciate your support, patronage and loyalty over the years. It is with tears in my eyes that I say “It has been an honor and pleasure to be part of the candle industry and to work with you.”
I wish you great success and all the best.

Take Care Together,
Dan

Daniel S. Cap
CEO
Nature's Gifts International, LLC
10524 Lexington Dr., STE 400
Knoxville, TN 37932 - USA
  • Sad 1

Just got the notice about EcoSoya from our local Canadian supplier.  I tried their new waxes, as Im sure most of you did....and I was less than impressed.  It looked good, but I found it was impossible to find a wick that would actually work .  But anybody that did manage to get it to work will have to go back to the drawing board.  All I can say is....Im glad I don't rely on candles to earn a living...hats off to those that do...

• Like 1

This unfortunately doesn’t surprise me. Having worked professionally as a candle maker for 25 years, and in the supply business for 17, I’ve seen a lot of companies fail. I’m shocked it didn’t come sooner. I personally love Dan, but the constant changes in his line from the first buckets of soy made it impossible for me to consistently produce a quality product. I am no longer in the business, but still make product for gifts and personal use, and it never crossed my mind to go back.

• Like 1

Such sad news but not altogether surprising given their product problems over the past few years. They did have a great product for a long time and I think a lot of people will miss that. Sad they couldn't work out their issues and had to close business.

• Like 1

That's a real bummer, Ecosoya PB pillar blend wax was one of my favorite Soy Waxes, at least for making melts. I really liked it and had great results. Geez, here I go again, back to a lesser wax or having to test yet another new soy wax. Having to revamp your products seems to never end as a chandler. 😝

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys. I am quite new to the candle making community. I have been making handmade lightweight concrete plant pots for about 3 years and had been asked several times by customers to make scented candles in some of my pots. So I finally allowed myself to be persuaded and have made around 100-150 candles (with a reasonable number of failures along the way, lol). My (limited number) of retail customers have been very happy with my candles so far, but now, just as today I began to look into packaging and thinking about ordering more CB Advanced (container) wax and pushing candles a bit more in my small business, I discover CB is no more. I notice not everyone is happy with it, but I had absolutely no problems using it: beautiful burn, wonderful throw. Maybe I got lucky. Anyhow, I was wondering what brand of soy wax I might try next?

Not a sales pitch, but if forumers here might think it useful to check out photos of the candle-pots I was working with, please feel free to check out my Facebook page ‘potspotted’. I am boutique to say the least, but candles appear to be a good option to include among my handmade wares. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Glenn
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/6/2019 at 5:59 AM, Glenn said:

Not a sales pitch, but if forumers here might think it useful to check out photos of the candle-pots I was working with, please feel free to check out my Facebook page ‘potspotted’. I am boutique to say the least, but candles appear to be a good option to include among my handmade wares.

I like your concrete containers for plants and candles and I like the lids you used with the candles, nice work. I'm curious, when using a concrete pot for a candle do you have to coat it with something before pouring the wax in it? Does it seem to soak up some of the liquid wax?