Best Beach Scents

Forrest

My current candle project is nearing an end and the next project I have in actually mind is a commercial venture, on a very small scale. I want to try selling some of my inked tureens. The shop that would be selling them gets a lot of traffic from a nearby island, so I’ll need so beach appropriate FOs. I have two good tropical fruit FOs but I need a non-fruity scent or two. 

I have way too many beach scents.  My absolute favorites are from RE:  Beachwood Vetiver, Teakwood & Coconut.  Salty Sea Air is also very good.  I use RE or Indiana's, or Sea Witch from FB.  All are just sea spray type scents.  Sun & Sand (YC dupe) sells pretty well.  Several suppliers offer that.  I'm currently testing Sunny Beaches and Copper Coconut from Aztec.  Sunny Beaches smells like suntan lotion and a bit of sea salt, and the Copper Coconut is a warm coconut and something.  Gosh, there are a lot out there, but my mind is blank.  Flaming has a new one...Beach Cabana...that I'm itching to try.  

• Like 1

Beach/aquatic  scents are my favorite behind spa. 

My absolute favorite and a great seller is Sea Petals by Lonestar. I changed the name to something more beachy. 

I also use use the Sun & Sea knockoff by Lonestar. But, you can get that one anywhere. I bought a sample of it from FB. Haven’t put it in wax but it smells identical to LS’s.  

The Storm Watch knockoff would be another option. I love that scent. 

Caribbean Teakwood from CS could work for a beach scent. I call mine Beach Bonfire.  

• Like 1

Ooohhh, my favorite type of scent.  Everyone mentioned some great ones.  Here are some I love and if they repeat what others mentioned then you know they're good!

RE Salty Sea Air (used to use ICS but I think they discontinued it)

Driftwood

Daystar Salty Sailor

Pure Fragrance Sea Witch

Pure Fragrance Celestial Sea

Daystar Ahoy, Matey

ICS Cactus and Sea Salt

TallTayls Inlet Lake Grass

RE Swedish Dream Salt

Candlewic Coastal Kale

FB Beach

Edited by soshiegirl
  • Like 1

Candlewic’s Coastal Kale is great, and super strong. A little more kale than coast to my nose, but very fresh and a good summer scent. 

I love Aztec’s Bayside Marina too, warm and salty like the sunlight on a New England bay. 

Those are my two favorites. A lot of ocean type scents smell the same to me. 

Aztec’s Black Sea is another good one, totally unlike the one from CS. It is salty and rugged, and more like a storm-tossed ocean. Masculine. A little goes a long way with that one for me. 

Thats great you’re selling your tureens, they are beautiful!!! ❤️ 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 7:59 PM, Sarah S said:

Thats great you’re selling your tureens, they are beautiful!!! ❤️ 

Thank you, but I'm not there yet, I've got to pick some scents and do wick testing, then there are labels, boxes, and insurance to be purchased.  But thanks to this forum I know what I'm getting into.

• Like 1