Taking a poll on the best "proven" best throwing wax...

22 hours ago, Fireside said:

Not Sarah, but I find all of my white paraffin waxes to have discoloration depending on the oils (when I do not color).  This is just the nature of being dye-free wax, just like CP soap once it cures over time.  I have not had anyone mind it.  I have never used white pigment so I cannot comment on that aspect.  

Ditto that! An off white I don't mind, or even a light tan, but I have had a couple oils turn my wax an ugly yellow. That I won't tolerate, and I don't use those anymore. 

@Arch Rock, we had a thread here recently on white pigment. I think the consensus was BC has a good one. Maybe do a search on white dye and see if it pops up.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, strugglebrother said:

IGI 4627 is by far the best throwing wax for me...

In tins with HTP wicks, I get the whole house to smell within 10 minutes.

Also Fragrace Oil's I don't get to work in any other wax / wicking seem to work in this wax.. It's very forgiving.

You’re making me want to try that wax... must. Resist.

• Haha 1

On February 16, 2019 at 1:51 PM, TallTayl said:

You’re making me want to try that wax... must. Resist.

IKR!! I've been wanting to try that too, but the 25lb minimum makes me balk. That and it's like 2x the cost of palm. But I think the next time I am able to pick up an order from CW, I might get a case to play with. Without the shipping cost to worry about, it's much more reasonable.

Of course I need another wax like I need more FO. 🙄😅😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2019 at 11:03 AM, Sarah S said:

IKR!! I've been wanting to try that too, but the 25lb minimum makes me balk. That and it's like 2x the cost of palm. But I think the next time I am able to pick up an order from CW, I might get a case to play with. Without the shipping cost to worry about, it's much more reasonable.

Of course I need another wax like I need more FO. 🙄😅😅

A better throwing wax might save you money on fragrance oils... and happy customers who are coming back for more :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, strugglebrother said:

A better throwing wax might save you money on fragrance oils... and happy customers who are coming back for more :)

No doubt! I do love my CBL-125 for its throw, that's for sure! I would love to do a comparison of the 125 and 4627 some time. 

I'm sure I'll end  up getting case next time I drive through Doylestown, I can't seem to resist experimenting. 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

No doubt! I do love my CBL-125 for its throw, that's for sure! I would love to do a comparison of the 125 and 4627 some time. 

I'm sure I'll end  up getting case next time I drive through Doylestown, I can't seem to resist experimenting. 😂😂

4627 don't have the best appearance as it's very translucent... But you can also use it to add to soy wax etc to bring more throw to a fragrance that finds it harder to work itself in soy.. Good to have in stock I would say :) 

• Like 1