First, let me say this is not my candle. This is an image I saw in an Etsy shop. I have had this happen before. Particularly the one in the back with the horizontal stripes. Since we know nothing about his pouring temps, frag. load, type of wax, etc. what are some generic possible causes for this?

il_570xN.1700899183_p254.jpg

Concur they look just like jump lines to me too. I do love the rustic look but I bet the candlemaker was not going for the rustic look as with little effort you can get a much better rustic looking effect. It looks to me like inexperience candle maker pouring that created the lines and part rustic look.

• Thanks 1

I want so much to say that's a palm blend of some sort (maybe feather palm). Why? Some of my early palm-co92 blends looked exactly like that when poured into cold glass. I mean: exactly. Jump lines, lightly frosted sides, vibrant color. Did I post those blends somewhere public... where's my tin foil hat. Although, with the way the light is glowing through, that's probably a paraffin? It's also a little more creamy in appearance but has the same satin shine on the surface... Now, I want to know what is that wax!

I don't mind the jump lines in those. Gives it a sort of birch bark woodsy look from a distance. The wildly off center wick, well, that's another story.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Quentin said:

It appears that what I thought was an ugly mistake finds favor here. :) If this candle looks acceptable to the people on this forum, then it looks good to me too!:lol: 

P.S.--- All except for the off-center wick, of course.