I just saw a fun auction

• 6 months later...
As I recall, that jar is about 16 inches accross. Near as I can figure, you'd need something like 13 or 17 wicks, depending on how you lay them out.

2 Gallons is gonna be around 15 Lbs of wax.

I figure a pillar might burn around 12 hours for every inch and these things are about 2 feet deep.... That would be 288 hours. That would be 12 days of solid burning. Even if I'm way off, that's a lot short of 30 days.

Hell I guessed 15 wicks. I've even seen a vendor light one that large. But hell if you need that much, why sell. And looks like I missed the auction. :rolleyes2

Hi folks ,

The person with the 250 auctions is a guy. I know because I bought one of those kits from him. It wasnt great but it did serve the purpose. He really is a lousy speller though. He was actually under another Ebay ID but I think he was getting to many negative feedbacks so he switched ID's. You really got to be carefull when buying on Ebay. It was my first exploration of candle equipment but I got smart and found this board and am now buying from legitimate suppliers. Oh and I got one of those huge jars with a wooden lid in

his auction and I bet I cant get 100.00 dollars for it if I threw a 20 dollar bill in with it.

I saw those jars online and at Wal-Mart...only there I think they were called..ummm...canisters or cookie jars.

There's a sucker born every minute...do you know how long that's been on there?? I wonder if it's because she can't sell the set, or if she keeps selling them.

Also included in the auction with the "new trends" that TerriWV mentioned is:

1 HUGE BOTTLE OF 2 POUNDS OF FRAGRANCE OIL!!

(This is a 1 pound bottle of BANANA-NUT-BREAD fragrance oil!! This oil is 100% all natural and is gel, soy, and parafin wax safe. It is a super strong oil and is very popular. You will get it ina 1 pound bottle that ahs anice squirt lid on top of it for easy pouring)

OK, I know I'm a noob and all, but even I have enough sense to question this one! So, he's selling 2 lbs of FO that fit into a 1 lb bottle? That's some might heavy all natural BNB!

:shocked2: But, at least that squirt top will make for easier pouring! :rolleyes2

Ok at the extreme risk of getting flamed (no pun intended), thought I'd jump in with 2 cents from my retired high school teacher (halleujah!) point of view.

After 27 years of grading hundreds of thousands of papers and attempting to guide 4000+ kids to become the best they could be, I would hazard these guesses...

the writer of these auctions is either a special needs person with limited verbal and written skills; an English Language Learner (ELL) who has not yet mastered the language; OR a scam artist who uses the 'play it dumb' technique to draw people in to assist them...

don't know which it is, but am feeling it's a good thing to be retired and hoping I spelled everthing right!

Ok at the extreme risk of getting flamed (no pun intended), thought I'd jump in with 2 cents from my retired high school teacher (halleujah!) point of view.

After 27 years of grading hundreds of thousands of papers and attempting to guide 4000+ kids to become the best they could be, I would hazard these guesses...

the writer of these auctions is either a special needs person with limited verbal and written skills; an English Language Learner (ELL) who has not yet mastered the language; OR a scam artist who uses the 'play it dumb' technique to draw people in to assist them...

don't know which it is, but am feeling it's a good thing to be retired and hoping I spelled everthing right!

I'm leaning in that same direction. I've also got 31 yrs of teaching high school and college level, and it drives me nuts to see this kind of copy.

One of my courses was keyboarding and another was business document writing. I finally had to leave the profession when I was forced to pass anyone and everyone. No standards. Just a pulse!

Hi again everyone. This person is not stupid thats selling these things on Ebay. His spelling was fine in the email he sent me and he has a website

that is oh so perfect on the grammar , hmmm did I spell that right:rolleyes2

After being out of school for 28 years my spelling kind of stinks these days, its that old age thing I guess.

I think his Ebay ads are done that way to get your attention , I know it got mine and before I knew it I went and bid on his auction at the last second and sadly enough I won it. This guy sells a lot of stuff under 2 different ID's.

Thank heavens I only spent 71.00 or I really would have been irritated.

I was lucky in the fact that I know how to use Google and found this board and now am dealing with some great legitimate suppliers.

So thank you Candletech.com:yay: