Who lines up their candles to make sure wicks are centered?

I know what you mean by knocking the jar and having the wick go off center. Arghhh! Done that  lots of times in the past until I got smart and got wick centering tools. Now I just wick it and forget it. You can get them in small, medium, and large. I have some of those metal ones and they move around too much for me. I prefer the plastic ones as they fit snug and won't throw the wick off center. I have a bazillion small ones for my 12 oz jars.

smallwickcentertool.jpg.a67843e24e5f606e7b153caec993b619.jpg

largecenteringtool.jpg.55c9c8c4a2b90c4e8c54b1d0e64289cd.jpg

On 12/9/2018 at 7:18 PM, jerry said:

I hope to be that OCD some day! Looks beautiful!

@Candybee I know you've told us, but I forget - where did you get your nifty wick centering tool? I use bars and they move around so much for me.

I got mine years ago at Peaks before they closed. But I just found the small, medium, and large size at Bitter Creek https://cart.candlesupply.com/Wick-Holders-c-634.html

CS has the wick setter tool for single and double wicking: https://www.candlescience.com/equipment. Plus I found Lonestar also carries the wick setter tool.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 4:08 PM, Candybee said:

I know what you mean by knocking the jar and having the wick go off center. Arghhh! Done that  lots of times in the past until I got smart and got wick centering tools. Now I just wick it and forget it. You can get them in small, medium, and large. I have some of those metal ones and they move around too much for me. I prefer the plastic ones as they fit snug and won't throw the wick off center. I have a bazillion small ones for my 12 oz jars.

largecenteringtool.jpg.55c9c8c4a2b90c4e8c54b1d0e64289cd.jpg

I wish someone would come out with a version that you could adjust to fit different sized containers---that would be awesome~~

• Like 3

On 12/20/2018 at 7:58 AM, lightmyfire said:

I wish someone would come out with a version that you could adjust to fit different sized containers---that would be awesome~~

Well there was such a feature. When I first bought the large size I also bought the plastic adjusters that can go on the ends to make them fit snug. They look like small clear flexible plastic ring fitments. They worked fantastic. Haven't seen those around so not sure if they are sold anymore. If I see them I will post a link. But I always thought it would be cool for someone to come up with a wick holder similar to these that you could adjust and could be easily locked/unlocked so that one size fits all. KWIM?

• Like 2

On 12/19/2018 at 10:27 PM, MilosCandles said:

These worked out great for my tins!

20181219_220914.jpg

Where did you get these made at? I'd be interested as well. I use the salsa jars so its difficult at times to use the bow ties on them