glue dots don't hold!!!

Does anyone else have trouble with glue dots turning loose? I order from Lonestar, and I've been pleased with the quality until the glue dots. They turn loose when I pour my wax. I have ordered some Wick Stickums from BCN. Anybody have any glue dot tricks until the stickum's get here?

TIA

Heather

Wick stickums for me too! I get them either at bcn or candlesandsupplies. I wipe the bottom of my jar with alcohol (or wash them) stick my wick to my tab then put into my warmed jar. Then I push it down around the metal tab with a pen point! Never a problem anymore.

Julie

No tricks from me either, but if you're in a bind, go to Wal-Mart or the hardware store and get the GE silicone stuff. Your wicks definitely won't move if you use that stuff, lol. I mainly use wickstickums and they work great. You won't be disappointed.

At the candle makers store are they called wick stickers? I was looking for them and I'm thinking theya re the same but you know what they say about assuming lol

Thanks,

Barb

They are called Wick-Stickums and Bittercreek is where I get mine from. They work really well for me.

No tricks from me either, but if you're in a bind, go to Wal-Mart or the hardware store and get the GE silicone stuff. Your wicks definitely won't move if you use that stuff, lol. I mainly use wickstickums and they work great. You won't be disappointed.

Yep Ditto on the GE silicone II,,that stuff works GREAT!!!!;)

As a newbie, my friend and I thought the glue dots would be a miracle...no more glue gun and having to clean off the "strings" of glue on the jars, etc. Unfortunately, the same thing happened with us.....wicks floating all over the place! :shocked2:

I have got to stop and get some of the GE silicone. I have no clue what it is, but I have heard people rave about it on these boards. It is worth a try!

(OK, just what exactly am I looking for? Is this silicone in a can or jar? TIA)

As a newbie, my friend and I thought the glue dots would be a miracle...no more glue gun and having to clean off the "strings" of glue on the jars, etc. Unfortunately, the same thing happened with us.....wicks floating all over the place! :shocked2:

I have got to stop and get some of the GE silicone. I have no clue what it is, but I have heard people rave about it on these boards. It is worth a try!

(OK, just what exactly am I looking for? Is this silicone in a can or jar? TIA)

You're looking for the GE Silicone in a tube. It's in the paint/hardware stuff at Wal-Mart. It works great. Your wicks will definitely not float if you use this stuff.