Just scent recommendations

*Dee*

On 5/9/2020 at 6:37 AM, Darbla said:

A few more are on my radar now.  Anybody tried these:

Tried the Bluebell -- it was meh. The magnolia is decent, but smells too fake. LOVE their lily of the valley. 

Though past few orders from JS have been extremely variable from a quality perspective. So much so, I've started researching new suppliers.

• 5 months later...

Well I'm glad I found this thread albeit 2 years too late LOL. I have been buying like crazy since May...just about when COVID-19 showed up and ruined any and all normalcy.

The craziest thing is that the very first (and only) scent I considered looking for a FO of (I don't make anything; purely a consumer off wax melts, 99% reial/1% vendor. I recently posted that I got very, very sick just as COVID hit (I have Lupus and a few other Auto Immune (AI) conditions. The stress from the pending onslaught of COVID sent my AIs, mainly the Lupus, reeling into a flare-up like never beore. My sense of smell, tolerability of certain scent notes, etc....went amuck. So, I set out to find one oil: a dupe for BBW "Sweater Weather" and would you believe that it lead to a FO-shopping addiction....all from "Just Scent"...EXCEPT FOR THEIR SWEATER WEATHER!!! To my Lupus-twisted nose, it smells nothing like the BBW candles. I now know that they BBW has a line of SW-scented body products and it's totally different from the candles so perhaps that's why I can't even tolerate the SW I bought from Just Scent...and unfortunately it was my first purchase and I went for the 16 ouncer!!! The only BBW Sweater Weather dupe I find to be spot on and a scent monster as well is the one from FragranceBuddy. That said: I have a few samples I bought from FB when I splurged on the pound of SW, and I still peruse their site....daily.

So what do I love from Just Scent: almost everything I've tried!!! There were/are a few duds, and because of the Lupus I should add that I use a lot of the FO's to "Amp up" the 1000 or so clamshells of retail-bought wax melts that I own! It's been a ton of fun making my own blends and loving almost all of them. I'm only in this since May but I highly recommend the Just Scent (so far):

Shampure Aveda (5 Stars on Scent and 5 Stars on the throw/intensity!... so I call it a 5/5)
Peppermint Bark (5/5)
GRINCH-MAS CRUNCH
Satsuma (5/5)
Clementine & Mint Leaves
Bonfire
Polar Express (5/5)
Christmas Lane (5/5)
CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT
APPLE BUTTER–Nana’s Old Fashioned (5/5)
CINNAMON AND SPICE (Explosion) OMG OMG OMG 5/5 !!
POISON APPLE
Aveda Rosemary Mint (5/5)
Bye Bye Summer

Currently (darnit!) Bonfire is backordered, so I tried Marshmallows by the Fireside and it's like the BBW scents (I can't recall the names) that are smoky but have that sweet, sticky burn note which is clearly the marshmallow note. I can't tolerate the marshmallow note now (Lupus-nose!) but I used to adore it. 

I'll post again later in the week as I have more to list but I can't grab them all right now. I'll list which were "meh" and which threw bettter than others...but were still great!

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Be safe; stay healthy!

-Karen

4_CraftServe_DUMP_BIN_Wax-Melt-Addiction-The-Beginning-Picture-September-27-2018__V1_10092020.jpg

Edited by wild4waxmelts
wrong picture!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wild4waxmelts said:

Well I'm glad I found this thread albeit 2 years too late LOL. I have been buying like crazy since May...just about when COVID-19 showed up and ruined any and all normalcy.

The craziest thing is that the very first (and only) scent I considered looking for a FO of (I don't make anything; purely a consumer off wax melts, 99% reial/1% vendor. I recently posted that I got very, very sick just as COVID hit (I have Lupus and a few other Auto Immune (AI) conditions. The stress from the pending onslaught of COVID sent my AIs, mainly the Lupus, reeling into a flare-up like never beore. My sense of smell, tolerability of certain scent notes, etc....went amuck. So, I set out to find one oil: a dupe for BBW "Sweater Weather" and would you believe that it lead to a FO-shopping addiction....all from "Just Scent"...EXCEPT FOR THEIR SWEATER WEATHER!!! To my Lupus-twisted nose, it smells nothing like the BBW candles. I now know that they BBW has a line of SW-scented body products and it's totally different from the candles so perhaps that's why I can't even tolerate the SW I bought from Just Scent...and unfortunately it was my first purchase and I went for the 16 ouncer!!! The only BBW Sweater Weather dupe I find to be spot on and a scent monster as well is the one from FragranceBuddy. That said: I have a few samples I bought from FB when I splurged on the pound of SW, and I still peruse their site....daily.

So what do I love from Just Scent: almost everything I've tried!!! There were/are a few duds, and because of the Lupus I should add that I use a lot of the FO's to "Amp up" the 1000 or so clamshells of retail-bought wax melts that I own! It's been a ton of fun making my own blends and loving almost all of them. I'm only in this since May but I highly recommend the Just Scent (so far):

Shampure Aveda (5 Stars on Scent and 5 Stars on the throw/intensity!... so I call it a 5/5)
Peppermint Bark (5/5)
GRINCH-MAS CRUNCH
Satsuma (5/5)
Clementine & Mint Leaves
Bonfire
Polar Express (5/5)
Christmas Lane (5/5)
CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT
APPLE BUTTER–Nana’s Old Fashioned (5/5)
CINNAMON AND SPICE (Explosion) OMG OMG OMG 5/5 !!
POISON APPLE
Aveda Rosemary Mint (5/5)
Bye Bye Summer

Currently (darnit!) Bonfire is backordered, so I tried Marshmallows by the Fireside and it's like the BBW scents (I can't recall the names) that are smoky but have that sweet, sticky burn note which is clearly the marshmallow note. I can't tolerate the marshmallow note now (Lupus-nose!) but I used to adore it. 

I'll post again later in the week as I have more to list but I can't grab them all right now. I'll list which were "meh" and which threw bettter than others...but were still great!

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Be safe; stay healthy!

-Karen

4_CraftServe_DUMP_BIN_Wax-Melt-Addiction-The-Beginning-Picture-September-27-2018__V1_10092020.jpg

WOW! Do you have that much personal wax! I have that much but I make it LOL!

• Mind Blown 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 4:41 PM, Darbla said:

Do they do sample sales every now and then?  If so I'll try to cool my heels 'til the next one.  I'm finishing up so many bottles of FO this season both using them myself and in gifts, I'm going to be ripe for some purchases soon.

Edit:  It dawned on me to go look in our sales forum and of course they just had one.  🙄   Oh well, at least I know now.

Darbla, I'm fairly new here so laugh if you wish LOLOLOL What exactly is a "Sample Sale" and where do I find the Sales Forum....is it right in my face (as usual) or do I need to dig to find it? Thanks for any and all help; I need it 😻

On 12/3/2018 at 4:57 PM, ShelleyF said:

I don't like vanilla scents at all so you probably would like it. I can't even smell the vanilla. 

On 12/3/2018 at 4:41 PM, Darbla said:

Do they do sample sales every now and then?  If so I'll try to cool my heels 'til the next one.  I'm finishing up so many bottles of FO this season both using them myself and in gifts, I'm going to be ripe for some purchases soon.

Edit:  It dawned on me to go look in our sales forum and of course they just had one.  🙄   Oh well, at least I know now.

On 10/12/2020 at 5:48 PM, Belinda said:

WOW! Do you have that much personal wax! I have that much but I make it LOL!

I please the fifth, Belinda! Is there a way to do DM's here? To, say, exchange email addys or Facebook info, text messaging info, etc? I'd love to chat with you because for as much as we have in common, we have equally expansive things totally "worlds apart" but I think we would could have interesting discussions. The Wonderful, Wild, Wacky Waxy World of Wax Melts! Hey!...that's like  "www.wwwwww.com"  LOLOL

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wild4waxmelts said:

I please the fifth, Belinda! Is there a way to do DM's here? To, say, exchange email addys or Facebook info, text messaging info, etc? I'd love to chat with you because for as much as we have in common, we have equally expansive things totally "worlds apart" but I think we would could have interesting discussions. The Wonderful, Wild, Wacky Waxy World of Wax Melts! Hey!...that's like  "www.wwwwww.com"  LOLOL

Sure! My Facebook is under Belinda Pitman McAdams. Send me a friend request. What name is yours under so I'll know who it is.

• Like 1