Just scent recommendations

*Dee*

Serendipity is a must have... Coconut, vanilla, and cherry... It's THAT GOOD. (IIRC It's also a Just Scents original) I just ordered a pound of it the other day and it's slated to be delivered later today. (YAS!) 

I also got death by chocolate... I haven't smelled it yet, but with all the RAVE reviews I'm SURE it's gonna be a winner! 

Cheers, 

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

Serendipity is a must have... Coconut, vanilla, and cherry... It's THAT GOOD. (IIRC It's also a Just Scents original) I just ordered a pound of it the other day and it's slated to be delivered later today. (YAS!) 

I also got death by chocolate... I haven't smelled it yet, but with all the RAVE reviews I'm SURE it's gonna be a winner! 

Cheers, 

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

Serendipity from Just Scent is so amazing. I can't stop sniffing the bottle lol Totally Scrumptious is awesome too. I have several Just Scents that I bought cheap from destashes. I really love this company. 

• Like 3

I love...

Caramel Cinnamon Latte

Santa Baby

Snicker Doodle

Buttercream Sugar Cookie

Buttery Gingerbread

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar

Cornbread Muffins

Hazelnut Marshmallow Fluff

Strawberry White Cake

Absolutely Fabulous Cake

Berry Buttercream Puffs

Blue Cotton Candy

Orange Chiffon Cake

Peppermint Meringue

Snickers Coffee

Apple Butterscotch Cake

Brown Sugar Cookie

Butter Pecan Sandles

Cardemom Rum Spice Cake

Christmas Wish

Cinnamon Crunch Cake

Cozy Cabin-love it OOB but haven't put it in wax yet.

My Mama's Blueberry Cobbler

Serendipity 

Peppermint Mocha

Blonde Moment

Coffee Ice Cream

I have her pumpkin pie spice but can never get any scent from it. I'm not sure why because a lot of people love that oil from her. I even poured some more the other day and there's hardly any cold throw but I'll melt one and see if I can get ht from it. I also couldn't get throw from some of her other pumpkin scents.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Darbla said:

Definitely recommend Wood Sage & Sea Salt. I haven't tried the other clean scents on your list

• Like 2

The Death By Chocolate is amazing! However, the Godiva Chocolate I am not a fan of. 

Lavender Rocks
Vanilla Bomb

Bear Claws

I also love their Peppermint Bark. Just Scent and WSP both have the same smell, more chocolate instead of the overwhelming peppermint. For a nice peppermint fragrance however, their Jack Frost Christmas is really nice!

@CLVC How's the Hippy Chick? I am not a fan of jasmine or rose but all the others in that I love a lot so I'm hoping they aren't too pronounced in the final scent. 

Edited by aptommo
spelling error

12 hours ago, Darbla said:

Rosemary mint is very herbal, but it’s good if you like that. Salty sea air is so good!! It’s great for blending or on its own. Volcano is definitely very fruity sweet and not clean, but it’s incredible. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, aptommo said:

The Death By Chocolate is amazing! However, the Godiva Chocolate I am not a fan of. 

Lavender Rocks
Vanilla Bomb

Bear Claws

I also love their Peppermint Bark. Just Scent and WSP both have the same smell, more chocolate instead of the overwhelming peppermint. For a nice peppermint fragrance however, their Jack Frost Christmas is really nice!

@CLVC How's the Hippy Chick? I am not a fan of jasmine or rose but all the others in that I love a lot so I'm hoping they aren't too pronounced in the final scent. 

@aptommo I haven't used the Hippy Chick yet.

Do they do sample sales every now and then?  If so I'll try to cool my heels 'til the next one.  I'm finishing up so many bottles of FO this season both using them myself and in gifts, I'm going to be ripe for some purchases soon.

Edit:  It dawned on me to go look in our sales forum and of course they just had one.  🙄   Oh well, at least I know now.

Edited by Darbla
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 4:02 AM, ShelleyF said:

Serendipity from Just Scent is so amazing. I can't stop sniffing the bottle lol Totally Scrumptious is awesome too. I have several Just Scents that I bought cheap from destashes. I really love this company. 

How vanilla does it smell?  This scent intrigued me but I don't like heavy vanilla scents.

10 hours ago, Ruru said:

From all the sites you guys have tried. Which site did you find to have the best smelling fragrances? Curios because some sites have the same fragrances but it looks like they add different notes to each. 

There is no such thing as using one company for all your fragrances at least not for me.  Even the same scent varies from one company to another and you will want to find the one you like best.  Now, I don't make candles but B&B products.  I have been able to pretty much narrow down my FO's to about 3-4 companies.  But, it's taken years to get here.  I'm still always trying some new ones from other companies.  One thing I do try to do is keep the companies I purchase from closer to home.  That saves on shipping and the time it takes to get to me.

• Like 2

Hi @Ruru

You could most certainly try, but I agree that there's no one best supplier of FO, but some great ones.  You'll find that even your favorite supplier, like Shari said, will have a few that don't throw well for your application.  Different scents can react differently with different waxes, or recipes for B & B.  The same scent type may be as different formulation, and work better for your purposes from a different supplier.  Limiting your choices to a few reputable companies is a great start, though. 

When I started I hoped I could do that too, one or two. I haven't held to that, lol.  But I try to make the shipping worth it for every order.  

This thread on Just Scent, is a good one.  I recently tried them and liked Plum Crazy, and buttery Gingerbread.  

For a company with good value, many great scents, and great service,  I'd recommend Fragrance Buddy to start with.  They have decent regular shipping, and free shipping for orders over 100.  

Ordering 1oz samples first is a really important investment, because it's hard to tell if you'll like something, and if it works for you, unless you try it.  Even with good recommendations, and reviews. Ordering the larger sizes even though they're usually more affordable per oz, can be a gamble that ends with you having a lot of fragrance you don't need, and cash down the drain.  Most companies offer smaller sample sizes.  SOS offers little vials that you can test OOB, 5 for 5, free shipping, Aztec ( I recommend only using PayPal with them) has a monthly 1oz 5 for 5 deal on their site too.  Those are  really affordable ways to try scents.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jenni Wix said:

Hi @Ruru

You could most certainly try, but I agree that there's no one best supplier of FO, but some great ones.  You'll find that even your favorite supplier, like Shari said, will have a few that don't throw well for your application.  Different scents can react differently with different waxes, or recipes for B & B.  The same scent type may be as different formulation, and work better for your purposes from a different supplier.  Limiting your choices to a few reputable companies is a great start, though. 

When I started I hoped I could do that too, one or two. I haven't held to that, lol.  But I try to make the shipping worth it for every order.  

This thread on Just Scent, is a good one.  I recently tried them and liked Plum Crazy, and buttery Gingerbread.  

For a company with good value, many great scents, and great service,  I'd recommend Fragrance Buddy to start with.  They have decent regular shipping, and free shipping for orders over 100.  

Ordering 1oz samples first is a really important investment, because it's hard to tell if you'll like something, and if it works for you, unless you try it.  Even with good recommendations, and reviews. Ordering the larger sizes even though they're usually more affordable per oz, can be a gamble that ends with you having a lot of fragrance you don't need, and cash down the drain.  Most companies offer smaller sample sizes.  SOS offers little vials that you can test OOB, 5 for 5, free shipping, Aztec ( I recommend only using PayPal with them) has a monthly 1oz 5 for 5 deal on their site too.  Those are  really affordable ways to try scents.  

Yes agree definitely use PayPal or prepaid with Aztec . You will find your bank account will be down thousands if you use a personal debit card .Happened to me 3 times ,no issue when using PayPal only ,or a prepaid card with the exact amount loaded on the card .

I do like & use many of their oils .

I have not tried many from Just scent ,however one i have liked alot is called Tiki Beach ,a BBW dupe .Great scent & spot on dupe .

I use paraffin wax .

Not much luck with a few others .

I will certainly be willing to test more from JS ,love the web site layout too . It makes oil shopping such fun .

• Like 1

Some people have had bad experiences having their information stolen from Aztec's website in the past.  They have redone their website and apparently updated their security since then, so you might be ok.  Just keep an eye on your accounts, (a necessary thing to do when buying online anyway).  People who used Paypall didn't have that problem.  I personally haven't had a problem, and l Iike their oils. I am just cautious about purchases with them now.  

A lot of people love Candle Science.  😊

• Like 1

I've ordered from Azetc twice and used a credit card before I saw the warning. I haven't seen anything suspicious so I think @Jenni Wix is right about them taking care of the issue. No reputable company allows that to continue. Also agree on the Candle Science. I have loved all their fragrances I've tried. I have ordered multiples from Just Scent though too, just today I ordered another batch of one of their fragrances I really loved the 1oz sample of.

Edited by aptommo
  • Like 1

(I found out about it through Facebook reviews and comments on CS. (You can do a search and see what I mean) I do agree that they've addressed it to their ability.  I just couldn't recommend them without mentioning that.)

Any way.  All of Just Scent vanillas and bakery scents look, as Mary Berry would say, Scrummy.  

How would you describe Vanilla bomb and Lavender Rocks @aptommo

Any other strong ones?  I'm interested in their Vanilla the King, Becky's Vanilla, Vanilla bean (anything) Vanilla pound cake because cake, also a BB.  

@Jenni Wix Vanilla Bomb is my favorite of all their vanilla. It's just a strong but smooth vanilla that's not too 'bean' smelling if that makes sense? The Lavender Rocks smells like the best mixes of a strong herbal Lavender like when you go get a facial or massage and a familiar fruity fragrance I can't quite put a finger on. I know I'm Sunshinee at explaining this!! 

The Becky's Ultimate is really great also. The Vanilla Bean Noel smells the same as Aztec if you've had theirs, both are BBW I believe. I haven't had the Vanilla King yet but it was on my order from today to sample. I'm a lover of all things vanilla as well. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jenni Wix said:

(I found out about it through Facebook reviews and comments on CS. (You can do a search and see what I mean) I do agree that they've addressed it to their ability.  I just couldn't recommend them without mentioning that.)

Any way.  All of Just Scent vanillas and bakery scents look, as Mary Berry would say, Scrummy.  

How would you describe Vanilla bomb and Lavender Rocks @aptommo

Any other strong ones?  I'm interested in their Vanilla the King, Becky's Vanilla, Vanilla bean (anything) Vanilla pound cake because cake, also a BB.  

I felt like her Vanilla Bean noel wasn't as strong as others I've tried. To my nose, NG's Mrs. Claus Cookies smells much stronger and also Vanilla Bean Cookies from Daystar is an exact dupe of VBN. The one from JS is good but sort of weak to my nose. I do love a lot of her oils though.

• Thanks 1