Bitter Creek North (New Scents)

earthfriendly

On September 8, 2018 at 3:07 AM, Marleigha said:

Wow!  You describe things so well!!!!  Thank you for that.  The Cinnamon Raisin Bread is DEFINITELY going to stay in my cart now.  I added the Olive Blossom that you and Trapp suggested.  

Ohhhh... What about their fresh baked bread?  I am ISO a really good fresh baked bread FO as well as a soft pretzel FO.   

The Dior Poison... Is that a perfumey kinda smell?  I think being that you love that one I will also end up adding it.  But yah please lmk about the bread FO.  Thanks again Sarah!!!  😇

I haven't tried their fresh baked bread, but it's been on my wish list for a while.

The Dior Poison is very fruity, but in a sultry way. I smell the fruit very strongly, then a rich floral, then a heavy dark Amber. That's a gross simplification, but that is the gist of what my nose picks up. It is super strong OOB, but tames down a bit in my palm wax. It's not at all like the VS type fruity perfumes, it's much darker and more mature.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2018 at 12:24 AM, Marleigha said:

Hi Hopie!  The Egyptian Vanilla sounds beautiful!  If you don't mind me asking, where do you get your Egyptian Musk from?

So the common scents oils are already premixed with 8 oz of DPG & 8 oz of FO?  I'm not 100% sure I followed that correctly.  I apologize.   TIA!  😇

I also get the Egyptian Musk from TheCommonScents to mix 50/50 of each scent, then I add the same amount of DPG...so 8 oz Very Vanilla, 8 oz Egyptian Musk and 16 oz DPG. I'm not sure just "how much" DPG they put in their oils before I mix them for incense, I guess it's a "trade secret", because I asked some years ago and they would not say, but I know it's enough to make all of their scents "skin safe". This mix for incense makes a lovely scent at the right scent level.

So, when I bottle them for body use (cosmetic grade), they are already "good to go" with no mixing of anything. I just screw on a top with a spout and squeeze them into the bottles to sell as fragrance oils then label them. Those "smalls" can really make a difference in sales, as some people will buy an entire ROW of one fragrance, and some will buy several different scents. It also gives them the VALUE they expect to find at outdoor marketplaces. They come back year after year, out of their favorite scent and ready to buy more. :)

Edited by Hopie
  • Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:02 PM, Darbla said:

Do any of you have experience with their body spray base, shower gel base, and any lotions or creams they have?  I am thinking on trying some of those new scents but need some of these other things too, and it would be nice to get everything from one place and not have to pay shipping all over again somewhere else.

All of the above. :)
I have not worked there in about three years, but was there almost 20!

Lotion base, LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Very thick but does not leave you greasy and soaks in so you don't need to reapply a dozen times a day.

Protein Mist. Not a huge fan for a body spray but I love it as a light leave in hair conditioner and it works especially well as a detangler for kids hair.

Shower Gel. I like it but it can thin to water very easily so go slow with the FO and test each scent.

Cyclomethicone - great for room and body spray! Holds a LOT of fo! Most mix well.

• Like 2

I love their spiced cranberry, Northwoods Christmas, All hallow’s eve, biscotti (Wix and wax)—great mixer, too, Sissie’s sugar cookie (makes an excellent snickerdoodle cookie scent),  pear tart (Wix and wax), candy corn, and Yuletide.  I’m sure I’ll think of some more.  They were the first place I ever ordered from and that was over 15 years ago.

Trappeur, I love the Yuletide, but I tend to get the dreaded butane smell with it—do you have that issue, do you add anything (vanilla, coconut, etc.)?  I use a parasoy blend and have tried various percentages.  

• Like 1

The new ones have been out a few weeks now, so did any of you get and try them yet?  The names are cute but I just wouldn't have envisioned a Hemlock Forest smelling like bergamot, orange and spearmint.  😕  I'm most interested in Haunted Garden and Witch's Potion but I have a feeling they're not really going to smell like the names kind of hint at.  Swedish Glogg (a cute name for mulled cider) sounds yummy.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:49 PM, RWV said:

I love their spiced cranberry, Northwoods Christmas, All hallow’s eve, biscotti (Wix and wax)—great mixer, too, Sissie’s sugar cookie (makes an excellent snickerdoodle cookie scent),  pear tart (Wix and wax), candy corn, and Yuletide.  I’m sure I’ll think of some more.  They were the first place I ever ordered from and that was over 15 years ago.

Trappeur, I love the Yuletide, but I tend to get the dreaded butane smell with it—do you have that issue, do you add anything (vanilla, coconut, etc.)?  I use a parasoy blend and have tried various percentages.  

Do you add cinnamon to make it a snickerdoodle scent? Or anything else?

19 hours ago, Darbla said:

The new ones have been out a few weeks now, so did any of you get and try them yet?  The names are cute but I just wouldn't have envisioned a Hemlock Forest smelling like bergamot, orange and spearmint.  😕  I'm most interested in Haunted Garden and Witch's Potion but I have a feeling they're not really going to smell like the names kind of hint at.  Swedish Glogg (a cute name for mulled cider) sounds yummy.

Darbla, I haven't gotten my order yet, I need to contact them. I think something might have happened when I chose paypal as my payment option, I received an order confirmation a week ago but no invoice.

Anyway, as son as i smell the Hemlock Forest, i will report back!

@ScentedPleasurez says the Witch's Potion is not as fruity as she expected, and she definitely commented that the musk comes through. Sounds interesting, but not very potion-y, lol.

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

Witch's Potion is not as fruity as she expected, and she definitely commented that the musk comes through. Sounds interesting, but not very potion-y, lol.

Im getting the fruity on my second go. I was cooking when i put it in my warmer the first time, so i tried it again, i get the fruut and the musk. Im not keeping the name witchs potion. Idk what i will name it though

On 9/23/2018 at 1:03 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

Im getting the fruity on my second go. I was cooking when i put it in my warmer the first time, so i tried it again, i get the fruut and the musk. Im not keeping the name witchs potion. Idk what i will name it though

I just don't think of a "witch's potion" as fruity.  Maybe incensey and woodsy and herbally and patchouli.  Or even something with licorice or other candy, since witch's are supposed to attract children in the fairy tales*.  Or maybe I'm too used to Yank's witches brew, which isn't fruity at all. 

*I loooooooooove to wear Lolita Lempicka for this time of year!  It smells like licorice cotton candy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...