Reviews on Flamings brand new scents

Trappeur

I'm really glad I ordered every one of their new fragrances.  Well I ordered all 5 of them except Cozy Cabin.

I got the order the next day and when I got home, I sat down in the chair for the count and didn't get up till 2:30 this morning.   I was so excited that these oils came and drove down to my shack in my night gown to get the oils at 2:30 this morning and have been up since!    And I've made up 3 candles already in the oils!   Flaming did a real nice job on all the oils if I must say so....I'm very please with them all....Now just gotta do the waiting thing....

Trappeur

Amber and Oud Fragrance Oil

Decadent woods & oriental notes awaken the ambiance with an intoxicating drizzle of golden amber.

Notes:

• Top - sweet amber
  • Middle - powdery, herbal, guaiacwood
  • Bottom - cedarwood, sandalwood, musk, vanilla, tonka

I like this the more I smell it...I've never smelled really amber or oud...but I find it earthy and musky...in a good way.

Autumn Flannel Fragrance Oil

Soft and bold at once, blending sweet and spicy notes over a smoky woody base.

Notes:

• Top - vanilla bean, almond, caramel
  • Middle - coriander, ginger, bay leaf, clove, cinnamon
  • Bottom - leather, amber, tonka, smoky woods, cashmere musks

I love the scent from the bottle.  I can definitely smell the sweet mixed in with the smoky base..I find it very rich and earthy.  I just made up a candle in it.

Bourbon Butterscotch (Type) Fragrance Oil

Rich, creamy butterscotch intertwines with the oak barrel aged notes of bourbon whiskey and fragrant, sweet vanilla to unite and enhance this fragrance accord. Inspired by the BBW® scent.

I love love this scent!   Couldn't make up candles fast enough in this scent....I think this is a wonderful fall scent and especiallty for the Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It is very rich and you pick up all the notes in it.....

Caramel Pumpkin Swirl (Type) Fragrance Oil

This fragrance is a cohesively warm and inviting scent. Sweet, smooth caramel swirls and fresh pumpkin notes intertwine with prominent spice notes. Warm cinnamon and brown sugar blend harmoniously to unite and enhance this fragrance accord. Inspired by the BBW® scent.

I have so many pumpkin fragrances that I like better than this one.   Although it is nice, it's nothing that special.   But I got 8oz of it so I will use it....I might use as a blender...who knows.

Charcoal Tonka Fragrance Oil

An unexpected aroma of sweet tonka bean and smoked woods. 

Notes:

• Top - black pepper, clove, saffron, bergamot, orange
  • Middle - lavender, violet, herbal, eucalyptus, cedar leaf, cade
  • Bottom - patchouli, smoked tonka, glowing embers, guaiacwood, vanilla

I'm not sure about this one till I get in wax.  To my nose I don't pickup the sweetness of the tonka bean; the smoked woods I definitely get and greenery whiffs in there.  I'm terrible explaining things...It's ok...but nothing I would pick for myself....

Sugar and Spice (Type) Fragrance Oil

A sweet combination of sugar crystals, creamy butter, ground cinnamon, clove buds and exotic nutmeg, Inspired by the Yankee® scent.

Now this is really nice....almost like a Hansel and Gretal oil.   I really really like...Smells light from the bottle...but till it gets in wax won't be able to tell.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Paintguru said:

I order them all myself (I can't help it!), but mine haven't arrived yet.  Glad to see there likely aren't any clunkers.  

Maybe I've just lucked out but I don't recall having any bad ones from Flaming yet.  Some are lighter scents and won't fill a large room, but I like to carry a few of those for myself and customers that don't want those strong scents that fill the room.  A few I just plain didn't like and didn't feel would be good sellers and I few I liked but can't sell (Kentucky Bourbon is one so I'll mix it next time)

On 8/17/2018 at 8:14 AM, Trappeur said:

I'm really glad I ordered every one of their new fragrances.  Well I ordered all 5 of them except Cozy Cabin.

I got the order the next day and when I got home, I sat down in the chair for the count and didn't get up till 2:30 this morning.   I was so excited that these oils came and drove down to my shack in my night gown to get the oils at 2:30 this morning and have been up since!    And I've made up 3 candles already in the oils!   Flaming did a real nice job on all the oils if I must say so....I'm very please with them all....Now just gotta do the waiting thing....

Trappeur

Bourbon Butterscotch (Type) Fragrance Oil

Rich, creamy butterscotch intertwines with the oak barrel aged notes of bourbon whiskey and fragrant, sweet vanilla to unite and enhance this fragrance accord. Inspired by the BBW® scent.

I love love this scent!   Couldn't make up candles fast enough in this scent....I think this is a wonderful fall scent and especiallty for the Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It is very rich and you pick up all the notes in it.....

Charcoal Tonka Fragrance Oil

An unexpected aroma of sweet tonka bean and smoked woods. 

Notes:

• Top - black pepper, clove, saffron, bergamot, orange
  • Middle - lavender, violet, herbal, eucalyptus, cedar leaf, cade
  • Bottom - patchouli, smoked tonka, glowing embers, guaiacwood, vanilla

I'm not sure about this one till I get in wax.  To my nose I don't pickup the sweetness of the tonka bean; the smoked woods I definitely get and greenery whiffs in there.  I'm terrible explaining things...It's ok...but nothing I would pick for myself....

The mail just came and I opened my FC order of Boubon Butterscotch and Charcoal Tonka.  Wowsa!  They are both excellent oob!  I ordered the Bourbon Butterscotch as a complement to the Tobacco & Caramel candles that my specialty market customer adores and sells out of constantly.  She's going to go ape over this!  The Charcoal Tonka reminds me of a fireside type fragrance with the addition of a bit of spice--it's really complex and classy.  Yahoo--two great choices!  That's the end of my fall/holiday FO shopping.  Now off to make testers!

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Does anyone else smell a slight Marijuana  odor in the Charcoal Tonka?  I was going to order it and someone told me it smelled a little like Marijuana, so I took it off my order.  TIA!  😇

I was the first person to review this fragrance on Flaming back in 2018--it does not smell at all like marijuana!!!!  It is a gorgeous, sultry scent.  You must try it!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lightmyfire said:

I was the first person to review this fragrance on Flaming back in 2018--it does not smell at all like marijuana!!!!  It is a gorgeous, sultry scent.  You must try it!!

Thank you for responding @lightmyfireIt seems like CS has been really light with responses lately.  🥺

in any event, I will surely add it back onto my order. Any suggestions for Millcreek or The Candle Source by chance?  Thanks again!  

3 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Thank you for responding @lightmyfireIt seems like CS has been really light with responses lately.  🥺

in any event, I will surely add it back onto my order. Any suggestions for Millcreek or The Candle Source by chance?  Thanks again!  

I'm looking on their site now and they have a good butt naked, monkey farts, chestnuts and brown sugar, fresh peach, fruit blast, oatmeal milk and honey, salted caramel, sugared cranberries, tis the season, vicks vapor rub, warm vanilla sugar. I have a few more by them but these are what sticks out in my head. I'll sniff what else I have from them tomorrow. I love their tart wax but shipping is too high to me to use it so I don't really order much from them anymore and they don't really have many oils that I can't get somewhere else where I can get wax. 

• Like 1

Thank you@Belinda for your help/suggestions.  Chestnuts & BS and Vicks are 2 FO’s from them in my cart. I’ve only tried Tis the Season from FB, do you think it’s similar or better than FB?  I am just looking to add some new stuff for anytime of year bit also for Winter.  I need more FO’s like I need a hole in the head but getting new ones is sooo… fun!  🥰. I know you of all people understand that…. I think we are cut from the same cloth!  😂😂😂.  But truly thanks so much again Belinda!  😇

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2021 at 6:41 PM, Marleigha said:

Thank you@Belinda for your help/suggestions.  Chestnuts & BS and Vicks are 2 FO’s from them in my cart. I’ve only tried Tis the Season from FB, do you think it’s similar or better than FB?  I am just looking to add some new stuff for anytime of year bit also for Winter.  I need more FO’s like I need a hole in the head but getting new ones is sooo… fun!  🥰. I know you of all people understand that…. I think we are cut from the same cloth!  😂😂😂.  But truly thanks so much again Belinda!  😇

We defiantly are cut from the same cloth! Have you tried the new fragrance company, Midwest Fragrance Company? They are the bomb! They are releasing 9 new scents tomorrow and everything I've bought from them I like. Their shipping is reasonable too and they're FAST!

I think Tis the Season from TCS is every bit as good as the one from FB and RE. They all smell the same to me honestly.

I forgot to check on those ICS oils and I'm already calling it a night but I will tomorrow Lord willing. I don't think I have to sub tomorrow unless they pull me off my bus because they're so desperate for substitutes but I have a small craft show I plan to do next week so I really need to get some stuff made for that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ve not tried Midwest yet.  What have you got from them that is really good or shall I say some of the strongest ones?  Doesn’t Daisy’s daughter own it?  

Ohhh… I’m excited that you are doing a show next week!  Please do take some pics to share!  🥰