fancy pots

13 minutes ago, pughaus said:

thanks pughaus...it was the ones from woodenwick that I posted...I really love them but it chokes me to have to include the cost of a 5.00 jar to the cost of my candle...is that about what I can expect to pay for a nice container?

14 hours ago, Trappeur said:

What about these?   From Candles and Supplies?   I've been wanting to order some of these for sometime now...so elegant.

they are beautiful Trapps...but where do you put the label?...maybe on the lid (which also has a pretty design on it)

@sunday  For an upscale ceramic pot, yes. (Unless you can bring them in yourself in large volumes from China.)
 You might save a few bucks if you search some wholesale home decor lines like www.homart.com or https://www.creativecoop.com/Home-Shop-by-Product-Candle-Holders-Tealight---Votives/  or, since you're in Canada, https://www.chive.com/collections/ceramic-vase  for something suitable.  But even then the cost is typically upwards of  $4.00 pc. and you'll need buyer credentials and to meet the vendor's minimum orders.   And there's still freight, although timing your buy with a trade show can help. Many lines offer freight breaks or discounts during the trade show season.  (July-August and Jan-Feb)  

Traps link, www.candlesandsupplies.net also has some colored glass tumblers that look similar to woodenwick's version. 

HTH

Edited by pughaus

The black jars from candlemakingsupplies are nice but beware that they are painted so if shipping far or you ship candles they do get scratched.  I quit using them and I'm local to that supplier and could pick out good ones by hand.  It has been quite a while so maybe check with them and see if the paint has been improved.

Edited by kandlekrazy

1 hour ago, Sunday said:

they are beautiful Trapps...but where do you put the label?...maybe on the lid (which also has a pretty design on it)

I ordered a few of those. I used ribbon tied into a bow with a hang tag they are just beautiful.... love them..💟

22 hours ago, Trappeur said:

What about these?   From Candles and Supplies?   I've been wanting to order some of these for sometime now...so elegant.

Trappeur

2146072973_candlesandsuppliesfancyjars.jpg.dc901eff23fd1dc0d35ccead112972ef.jpg

Where are these from  Trapp?if you don't mind sharing :smile:

• Like 1

I find this thread very disturbing. First there are links to seven suppliers I didn’t even know about, this has caused me to develop a twitch in my right eye from the strain of not clicking on the links. Then there was the one link I did click on, candlemakingsupplies, they have fragrances designed just for Ultra Wax, which is a soy coconut blend; what is that all about? Do I need to try that? I think my hair may start falling out and how will I ever be able to sleep again. I think I need to make some candles this weekend, that will calm me down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, Forrest said:
I find this thread very disturbing. First there are links to seven suppliers I didn’t even know about, this has caused me to develop a twitch in my right eye from the strain of not clicking on the links. Then there was the one link I did click on, candlemakingsupplies, they have fragrances designed just for Ultra Wax, which is a soy coconut blend; what is that all about? Do I need to try that? I think my hair may start falling out and how will I ever be able to sleep again. I think I need to make some candles this weekend, that will calm me down.

Forrest, I get the same way when I read the fragrance threads! So, I have to BAN myself from reading them until I deplete some of the ones I already have. :laugh2:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Forrest said:

It is disturbing I will give you that.   Wait till you check out some of the prices!  Now that will disturb you more.  You better start making candles tonight.

Trappeur

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh Sunday, check out this site.  I know they are in California but if you order 3 cases or 4, the prices don't hurt so much

California Candle Supply.

I'm checking out the black ones...I really like those.

1689363376_californiacandlesupply1.jpg.4eed416105a39d4e43eb47869cdad0a2.jpg

1319055743_californiacandlesupply2.jpg.04cd4d6981fddff9efd490c8fc297945.jpg

19 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Oh Sunday, check out this site.  I know they are in California but if you order 3 cases or 4, the prices don't hurt so much

I agree Trapp those are very nice and the price is really quite good...now to find some nice boxes ...hmmm...new thread maybe:D

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

So would you order with the lids or no?

Boxes?    Oh, that will be really gorgeous!

definitely lids Trapps ...or maybe with a box a lid would be overkill...hmmmm...

I really like these boxes ...they come in a few colors and I drool over them every time I look at them..but at 7.00 a pop...then the jar ...wax ...fragrance etc...my free labour and still my candles are going to be 200.00each:laugh2:  ..ok maybe not quite but you get my drift!.

#

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2018 at 8:49 AM, ScentedPleasurez said:

I ordered a few of those. I used ribbon tied into a bow with a hang tag they are just beautiful.... love them..💟

That's an awesome idea ScentedPleasurez....it didn't even occur to me to tag it...how did you like them ? are they as pretty in person?

I called a while back and they told me these were just a limited collection and once they were out, they were out.

Just recently I believe someone said they were out of the lids.

When I went on line, I don't see the lids.

I sent them a message inquiring about this a couple days ago and they have not responded.  Kinda odd.  I'll check again Monday.

Now in this case I would put them in a box.  A beautiful dust cover would also be nice.

I could see these teal jars as a limited collection for the holidays.

I'm going to order 3 or 4 cases and do just that myself.

Trappeur

On 8/9/2018 at 5:58 PM, Trappeur said:

IMG_4566.JPG.3f53d3c5ec6198fc80919cca959d8cbc.JPGIMG_4567.JPG.1acea2322985527f202b7cc0b9053f58.JPG

I ordered 12 of the white ones and they make beautiful candles.  They were $2.40 each and they charged me $23.62 to ship to Texas; $4.36 each for a pretty 10 oz candle isn't too bad since my customer will be able to charge $25 for these.  I just checked the CalCandleSupply.com website and it looks like they're still out of stock on these lids.  I need to do my test burn with this container but looks like I may not be able to get more so this will be a VERY limited edition!! *shudder*

• Like 1

Oh my!   What a gorgeous candle Lightmyfire all the way around...!!!  Your wax and wick and the creaminess of that candle is stunning!   Very nice presentation.

$4.36 is not bad at all for a classy candle and with that wood lid.     Are you putting a label on it too?

Trappeur:thumbsup:

Edited by Trappeur

2 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Oh my!   What a gorgeous candle Lightmyfire all the way around...!!!  Your wax and wick and the creaminess of that candle is stunning!   Very nice presentation.

Is that the12oz jar?  $4.36 is not bad at all for a classy candle and with that wood lid.     Are you putting a label on it too?

Trappeur:thumbsup:

Thank you! It's the 10 oz container.  I will be labeling after my test burn.  I sure wish I could get more of these!!