Pine cone label for new account

Trappeur

Which label do you like the best for a new account.

Labels 1 - 3 are the darker sage green with different colors of fonts for the scent name.

Labels 4 - 6 are the Lighter sage green with different colors of fonts for the scent name

Labels 7 - 8  are the red ones

I love them all....of course anything red is my cup of tea.....but I love the green also

Trappeur

1721361385_Ace1darkergreenwithblackfont.thumb.jpg.d244f7abee584eb45cdb4c9fa52e4071.jpg

744856426_Ace2darkergreenwithcreamfont.thumb.jpg.ad7ed6f3440599e6d919c6bca5412188.jpg

812481404_Ace3darkergreenwithlightyellowfont.thumb.jpg.b7911d802f011fe664e4ae484e4ea4a7.jpg

1625571826_Ace4lightergreenwithblackfont.thumb.jpg.e6cf2fbf1be7acc2a017cbff2d05dc94.jpg

406974525_Ace5lightergreenwithoffwhitefont.thumb.jpg.5bd8eb29691faedd83e2bcb3f0325e74.jpg

548450354_Ace6lightegreenwithlightyellowfont.thumb.jpg.c6c05e3066a6bf8d534b0e27d2b44e90.jpg

1355521342_Ace7redwithlightyellowfont.thumb.jpg.e160e715bb69d7a96f34468ecebec8c2.jpg

902797640_Ace8redlabelwithblackfont.thumb.jpg.264ccf0f344c4692b663b54a173c6079.jpg

Edited by Trappeur

Personally I like the Darker Sage green ones.  As far as font color both darker and lighter font colors look really good.  I think the light font color for the fragrance name actually draws the eye to the name better than the darker font.  I am partially colorblind so i can't be sure what colors the light fonts are.

• Like 1

Another fantastic Label!

RED # 7 is my Favorite   second choice light sage 5 & 6 ( I couldn't spot the difference between 5 & 6)

Since Zazzle doesn't provide an  image library the way vista does...Where do you find your images  Trapp? (if it's a secret I understand) They are always spot on for your labels!!

Hey Sunday!  Oh no problem.   All the images are off Zazzle.  I do quite a bit of modifications to mine though.  When I find a design I like, I change the background colors, change fonts in size and color and move the images around to maybe a different area on the label.  Lots of images I increase or decrease the size and add borders if I may think I may like that too.  Your #7 choice was my choice also!   Then I started to change backgrounds...Geesh I'm driving myself nuts on this presentation to the store as I like this one and then I think, ahhh maybe I should go to a color that is more neutral and now I'm really starting to confuse myself.  Just a few minutes ago I now went to a more neutral background.  Here are a couple more pictures...Maybe they will like that?  Well in any event I'll samples of the colors I want and order them and put on the jar and get the final decision made after I do that.   But I usually come here and post pictures to see what everyone likes the best and usually go with the most votes what others like.  All my lids are black so anyone of the labels will go with the jars I use.  The difference between 5 and 6 is the font colors of the fragrance name.  One is a cream color and the other is like a light yellow/goldish color.  Thankyou for your vote Sunday!   I always value everyone's opinions.  Red is my most favorite as my whole house is red and black and army green/dark sage green as in the labels.    Very lodgy//campy looking.   The store here "Ace Hardware"  has a lot of campers going in there and they have a gun department and outdoor/hunting merchandise so I always try to keep my theme of candles in a store condusive to what the store looks like.

Trappeur

Oh yea, now here are a couple more colors I came up with and I'm stopping after here...lol

first one is a white, then next one is a tannish color and the one on the bottom is a cream background.   See what I mean?  Geesh, I like them all...and I can't decide so that is why I need everyone's help.  The white background I look at it as a more elegant look.   I know using natural undyed wax with a white or tan label there is not much contrast than if my candles were colored, but I think even the white label on a white candle can look rather classy looking, that's my opinion.

White Label

841158541_Ace11whitelabel.thumb.jpg.c15a0ecccb858bcb2739c2a9026c2e9a.jpg

Tan label

749990486_Ace10tanlabel.thumb.jpg.92646b3788c35f58b589171c9e047865.jpg

Off white label

1006943223_Ace9offwhitelabel.thumb.jpg.3fbfcad546e23e243a1f0fca464471d4.jpg

15 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Number 7 or 8! I LOVE red! I do like the green ones too but the red ones just catch my eye.

Thanks Beliinda....ok which color font for the fragrance????The black or goldish color?

Trappeur

11 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

Well, we usually come close to agreeing, but I like #4 best. 

Yep KK I was leaning towards #4 as my other choice.   Its sort of like almost a spruce/green color and is lighter than the other green and I was thinking the writing would pop more.    Ok, thanks!  So you say the lighter green with ALL the fonts in black...gotcha!

Trappeur

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Hey Sunday!  Oh no problem.   All the images are off Zazzle.  I do quite a bit of modifications to mine though.  When I find a design I like, I change the background colors, change fonts in size and color and move the images around to maybe a different area on the label.  Lots of images I increase or decrease the size and add borders if I may think I may like that too.  Your #7 choice was my choice also!   Then I started to change backgrounds...Geesh I'm driving myself nuts on this presentation to the store as I like this one and then I think, ahhh maybe I should go to a color that is more neutral and now I'm really starting to confuse myself.  Just a few minutes ago I now went to a more neutral background.  Here are a couple more pictures...Maybe they will like that?  Well in any event I'll samples of the colors I want and order them and put on the jar and get the final decision made after I do that.   But I usually come here and post pictures to see what everyone likes the best and usually go with the most votes what others like.  All my lids are black so anyone of the labels will go with the jars I use.  The difference between 5 and 6 is the font colors of the fragrance name.  One is a cream color and the other is like a light yellow/goldish color.  Thankyou for your vote Sunday!   I always value everyone's opinions.  Red is my most favorite as my whole house is red and black and army green/dark sage green as in the labels.    Very lodgy//campy looking.   The store here "Ace Hardware"  has a lot of campers going in there and they have a gun department and outdoor/hunting merchandise so I always try to keep my theme of candles in a store condusive to what the store looks like.

Trappeur

Oh yea, now here are a couple more colors I came up with and I'm stopping after here...lol

first one is a white, then next one is a tannish color and the one on the bottom is a cream background.   See what I mean?  Geesh, I like them all...and I can't decide so that is why I need everyone's help.  The white background I look at it as a more elegant look.   I know using natural undyed wax with a white or tan label there is not much contrast than if my candles were colored, but I think even the white label on a white candle can look rather classy looking, that's my opinion.

White Label

841158541_Ace11whitelabel.thumb.jpg.c15a0ecccb858bcb2739c2a9026c2e9a.jpg

Tan label

749990486_Ace10tanlabel.thumb.jpg.92646b3788c35f58b589171c9e047865.jpg

Off white label

1006943223_Ace9offwhitelabel.thumb.jpg.3fbfcad546e23e243a1f0fca464471d4.jpg

Definitely love the tan label.  I really like green but the tan really lets the trees pop better without being overpowering.  plus tan would fit in great with a camping/outdoors kinda feel.

Just to put this out there something most people that make labels don't take into account is that there are people out there that have issues with colors.  I have seen alot of darker colored labels on products be it forest green, dark red, or chocolate brown then they stick black lettering on it.  So Those of us with eyesight issues have to strain to see what is written on the labels.  Don't get me wrong the labels are generally really beautiful on the products but are just harder to read due to the color scheme they chose.

I agree with what you said NC as I too wear glasses and there is nothing worse than labeling with colors that are too dark that you have to squint to look at them.

I did originally do a cream color font on all the letters as you will see in the pictures below but it was just bleh.....It didn't work.  Though there is a nice contrast, the whole look of the label with a jar with a black lid just doesn't come together.  So you see I need black in the label.  Now this red label is red but not a dark red...sort of like a campy red which is what I wanted and I really think there is plenty of contrast with the red and black. Now if it was a darker red, yes, the black fonts are going to fade into the red as i tried it and going any lighter in the red wasn't a red.   Now I did do #7 with black fonts and also the yellow/goldish fonts for the fragrance name and to me I think that label pops...but hey I'm all ears!   That's why I'm asking everyone to critque and I value everyone's opinion and weigh everything very carefully.  So you see where I'm coming from?  I think or thought I had enough contrast with black fonts and red label it looks pretty readable to me....No?

Ok, here are 2 labels which you suggested changing to all light colored fonts.  One label is a cream font and the other is the pretty yellow/goldish font but it just doesn't work for me.  I need black in there somewhere.  But I'm all ears!

Trappeur

472502972_Ace11.thumb.jpg.4c9bc37f6803184212196dfc58fc3efd.jpg

Ace22.thumb.jpg.baf6058b24b89e47f40d492da4ee2b65.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I agree with what you said NC as I too wear glasses and there is nothing worse than labeling with colors that are too dark that you have to squint to look at them.

I did originally do a cream color font on all the letters as you will see in the pictures below but it was just bleh.....It didn't work.  Though there is a nice contrast, the whole look of the label with a jar with a black lid just doesn't come together.  So you see I need black in the label.  Now this red label is red but not a dark red...sort of like a campy red which is what I wanted and I really think there is plenty of contrast with the red and black. Now if it was a darker red, yes, the black fonts are going to fade into the red as i tried it and going any lighter in the red wasn't a red.   Now I did do #7 with black fonts and also the yellow/goldish fonts for the fragrance name and to me I think that label pops...but hey I'm all ears!   That's why I'm asking everyone to critque and I value everyone's opinion and weigh everything very carefully.  So you see where I'm coming from?  I think or thought I had enough contrast with black fonts and red label it looks pretty readable to me....No?

Ok, here are 2 labels which you suggested changing to all light colored fonts.  One label is a cream font and the other is the pretty yellow/goldish font but it just doesn't work for me.  I need black in there somewhere.  But I'm all ears!

Trappeur

I understand exactly were you are coming from and i do agree that the lighter color scent name really pops.  I mainly posted that comment due to the fact that being partly colorblind as well as legally blind the lighter color text on colors like green, brown, most read except the light/pale red, darker blues, and purples are easier to read.   This also gives you an idea on what people with my kinda of eyesight issues have to deal with.  In the end it really comes down to making a label that looks nice and you feel really fits color scheme/theme you are going for.  

Ok out of curiosity i wanted to see if it was the text color or the font style that was giving me issues so i swapped the font for another to see.  Come to find it for me it was actually the font style that game me most of the issues.  It is a beautiful font but it is so thin that it was causing me to have issues reading some of it properly.  Just to show you what i mean here is the one i doctored as a test.  By changing it to a thicker font like this i had absolutely no issues reading it even with black font..

test.jpg

1 hour ago, Sunday said:

still red # 7....but I also love the white...the white kind of covers the rustic charm and a bit more modern (best of both worlds)....does that make any sense? 

Yes, I sure do understand!

Trappeur

3 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I like the buttery colored label. The red pops more to me though.. i like the golden font color, it stands out way more than the black imo.

Thankyou Scented for your vote.....Looking good so far and I like what everyone likes too.

Trappeur

• Like 1

That font that I used for the scent name, I have changed it a few times on some other jobs I did because of the reason you said being thin.   I love that font because it is elegant, classy and wispy, but yes it can be hard to read.  I thought about changing it this morning for that reason alone.  What I'm going to do is make it bolder and see how it works..but the style font is I agree what would cause someone to squint to look at.  I will see what I can do about making it bolder or maybe find another font that is similar in style and more bolder at the same time.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

Im not sure which font you are using,but i really like it. I do agree that some might have trouble reading. I was using the honey script on mine and since returning i have switched to gasoline alley. You have always been creative so i know which ever you end up with will be awesome. 

1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I like the buttery colored label. The red pops more to me though.. i like the golden font color, it stands out way more than the black imo.

I think so too ... about the red "popping" more ... I like #7 with the gold-toned text, although I'm usually not a "red" person, it looks nice with this design, imo.

Edited by birdcharm
  • Like 1

Well, looks like the red with the goldish tone text seems what I'm getting most votes on......That was my first choice....I'm loving  it.  I hope more people respond.

Now NC I found another font for us blind bats who can't see worth a crap....and I came up with this one.  So what do you think of this?  It really is a lot readable I must admit.    Great point you bringing up!  Thanks....See?....I listen to what others say and that was an important point you brought up.    I kept in the gold toned text but I "bolded" it 3 times...lol  You like better?  I do.  I really wanted to keep the fragrance name elegant as much as I could as I was trying to create a label that was like "where elegance meets rustic"  if you know what I mean.   Here is a picture of the label with the new style font and the original label of the fonts that was really hard to read as much as I liked it.

This has been a trying label to design as I really like the darker green label and the tan one.. but I'm extremely happy with the red as that is my personal favorite color.

Trappeur

NEW FONT FOR WARM APPLE PIE

Ace33.thumb.jpg.9a00f1529df4b4dda6661a9e5208a671.jpg

ORIGINAL LABEL WITH OTHER FONT

1124646201_Ace7redwithlightyellowfont.thumb.jpg.13a96df8df0aeab373b73e02dd062929.jpg

Edited by Trappeur

3 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Well, looks like the red with the goldish tone text seems what I'm getting most votes on......That was my first choice....I'm loving  it.  I hope more people respond.

Now NC I found another font for us blind bats who can't see worth a crap....and I came up with this one.  So what do you think of this?  It really is a lot readable I must admit.    Great point you bringing up!  Thanks....See?....I listen to what others say and that was an important point you brought up.    I kept in the gold toned text but I "bolded" it 3 times...lol  You like better?  I do.  I really wanted to keep the fragrance name elegant as much as I could as I was trying to create a label that was like "where elegance meets rustic"  if you know what I mean.   Here is a picture of the label with the new style font and the original label of the fonts that was really hard to read as much as I liked it.

This has been a trying label to design as I really like the darker green label and the tan one.. but I'm extremely happy with the red as that is my personal favorite color.

Trappeur

Love the new font much easier to read but still has that fancy elegant feel to it.  Great font choice.

To show you how mad it was reading the first font style you used.  I am using a 49" tv for my pc monitor and am sitting no more than 2.5-3 feet from it and still had issues with it.  

5 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Hey Sunday!  Oh no problem.   All the images are off Zazzle.  I do quite a bit of modifications to mine though.

AHHH ok now I understand...I really wasn't sure where I would get images from since they do not have an image library....but now I see they have a large selection of ready made stickers that can be altered completely in order personalize them. I see you've worked some magic with those labels ..it's a talent!:)

lol, oh my gosh!   You sound like me.   I need to get real glasses that is for sure.  I wear the kind that you pick what strength you want.  I have on a 3.50 that I just got from Amazon but could really use the 4.00, but they are so hard to find.   When I drive, I swear to God I can't read any signs till I'm literally on top of the sign and by that time, I've already gone past it....It's just horrible.

Ok, so good, it's a better choice font.....glad you can read it! lol   Coming down the home stretch...I hope others will come and give their opinions too.

Trappeur