Aroma Bead Ornies not working out

cswilson

Belinda...do you think its the beads from Buy It Ship It or the fragrance oil that is making my freshies lose its scent?  Where are the best fragrance oils in your opinion?  I personally love The Flaming Candle and I've recently tried a few from Lone Star Candle Supply.  Of course I have purchased from a few other places but those stand out to me.

On 7/1/2019 at 5:34 PM, Skk5233 said:

I use 1 ounce to 1 cup of beads for the PP4F! 

2 hours ago, NGT08 said:

Belinda...do you think its the beads from Buy It Ship It or the fragrance oil that is making my freshies lose its scent?  Where are the best fragrance oils in your opinion?  I personally love The Flaming Candle and I've recently tried a few from Lone Star Candle Supply.  Of course I have purchased from a few other places but those stand out to me.

It’s definitely the beads. They will tell you it’s the oil but it’s not. Belinda and I have been round and round with that lady. She will hop on here soon and start talking about it. I like Oils from Flaming Candle, Texas Candle Supply (Leather and leather mixes), a few from Aztec and some from Lonestar. Lonestar’s don’t seem to be as strong as some of the others. I also Mix some of my own like naked Cowboy and cowgirl britches. I do Get one or two from candle science as well.  

On 7/4/2019 at 10:05 AM, NGT08 said:

I defiantly think her beads are trash beads and don't hold scent and don't melt right in the middle for some reason. She had great beads until she switched and I ordered from her all the time before that.

As far as oils, I use from many suppliers. I do know that the stronger the FO the longer it'll last and also sometimes you can't smell it anymore in your vehicle but someone else can. I can also smell mine better when I'm sitting in the back seat at times. I think it's because the AC is blowing the scent back there. 

What type of scents are you using? I know scents like leather are very popular here but to me leather isn't as strong as say Barbershop 1920's from RE or Black Ice from any supplier. I get requests for coconut scents but they're not strong in wax or any product in my opinion. Have you tried any masculine scents? Those are usually strong. I get mine from NG, LS, RE, FB, TCS, Aztec and a few other places. 

On 4/29/2019 at 11:26 PM, Sebleo said:

Have you tried the beads from Lonestar yet?  Was going to dabble in the air fresheners again and would love to order from them as I already get a ton of product there.   How do they compare to the one from Plastic Pellets?

I was mistaken about them being from LS. They were actually from AAA. Theirs are the bigger beads like Aztec and Cajun sell. I wasn't sure at first by just looking at them so I weighed out the same amount of FO and bead ratio with them as with some I had from PP4F and the ones from PP4F soaked up much faster but the AAA beads finally soaked up too. I can tell they're the bigger beads and will take longer to bake. I'm glad I only got a pound. I'm going to order a pound from LS just to see which ones they use too and to have another supplier if I need one.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I defiantly think her beads are trash beads and don't hold scent and don't melt right in the middle for some reason. She had great beads until she switched and I ordered from her all the time before that.

As far as oils, I use from many suppliers. I do know that the stronger the FO the longer it'll last and also sometimes you can't smell it anymore in your vehicle but someone else can. I can also smell mine better when I'm sitting in the back seat at times. I think it's because the AC is blowing the scent back there. 

What type of scents are you using? I know scents like leather are very popular here but to me leather isn't as strong as say Barbershop 1920's from RE or Black Ice from any supplier. I get requests for coconut scents but they're not strong in wax or any product in my opinion. Have you tried any masculine scents? Those are usually strong. I get mine from NG, LS, RE, FB, TCS, Aztec and a few other places. 

I found A coconut that everyone loves from Aztec. It’s called Copper Coconut. I can Even double scent my PP4F beads with it because it soaks in so quickly and everyone loves the strong coconut scent

• Like 2

Skk5233...thank you for your response.  I agree with you, it has to be the beads!  I was hoping it wasn't the FO's!!  I use multiple from several companies (LS, FC, TCS) and even ABO and BISI.  I hope those are okay if the beads aren't.  I masculine scents like Cowboy Britches, Snake Eyes, Leather & Acqua Di Gio to pina colada, fresh linen, lavendar, caribbean escape.  It doesn't matter what scent it was...it was gone unless you were nose to freshie!  Ridiculous!

18 hours ago, Skk5233 said:

I found A coconut that everyone loves from Aztec. It’s called Copper Coconut. I can Even double scent my PP4F beads with it because it soaks in so quickly and everyone loves the strong coconut scent

Thank you for sharing that! I think I actually have that FO from them and have just never put it in anything but since I got a new order of beads in yesterday I think I'll mix up some!

We have been making aroma bead car freshies for the past 9 months.  We have always used the premium aroma beads from Plastic Pellets for Fun.  Recently, multiple customers have had issues with their freshie melting in their car.  We have spoken with Paul from PP4F and he thought we may have received the basic aroma beads by mistake. We were able to trace back to a shipment from April with the faulty beads.  Unfortunately, today, we discovered that a recent freshie which was made from a June batch of aroma beads has melted.  We are panicking at this point and worried that all of our product made with PP4F beads needs to be thrown out.  We have thousands of dollars invested and tons of already soaked and ready to bake beads that we are afraid to use.  Can anyone help us with suggestions or had similar issues.  We are in Oklahoma with outside Temps near 100 degrees.  Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated!  

On 7/10/2019 at 9:39 PM, LWalk said:

We have been making aroma bead car freshies for the past 9 months.  We have always used the premium aroma beads from Plastic Pellets for Fun.  Recently, multiple customers have had issues with their freshie melting in their car.  We have spoken with Paul from PP4F and he thought we may have received the basic aroma beads by mistake. We were able to trace back to a shipment from April with the faulty beads.  Unfortunately, today, we discovered that a recent freshie which was made from a June batch of aroma beads has melted.  We are panicking at this point and worried that all of our product made with PP4F beads needs to be thrown out.  We have thousands of dollars invested and tons of already soaked and ready to bake beads that we are afraid to use.  Can anyone help us with suggestions or had similar issues.  We are in Oklahoma with outside Temps near 100 degrees.  Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated!  

As far as I know I've only had one customer that's had one melt in their car while she was at the lake. How full do you fill your cutters? I've bought beads from Buy It Ship It, Cajun, NG, Aztec and PP4F and I've not had that happen. I'm in Southeast Texas so I would think we would have temps hot enough to do that. I sure hope something isn't going on. I fill mine pretty much full and make sure I have a good amount from the top to the hole in case it does get too hot. I hope you find out what's causing that and I hope it doesn't happen to you again. It is defiantly disheartening to have stuff like that happen.

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

As far as I know I've only had one customer that's had one melt in their car while she was at the lake. How full do you fill your cutters? I've bought beads from Buy It Ship It, Cajun, NG, Aztec and PP4F and I've not had that happen. I'm in Southeast Texas so I would think we would have temps hot enough to do that. I sure hope something isn't going on. I fill mine pretty much full and make sure I have a good amount from the top to the hole in case it does get too hot. I hope you find out what's causing that and I hope it doesn't happen to you again. It is defiantly disheartening to have stuff like that happen.

I have Had some melt also and I’ve been using PP4F since he started carrying the beads and I’ve never had this happen. I’ve talked with Paul and we are going to do some research into it and some testing. 

56 minutes ago, Skk5233 said:

I have Had some melt also and I’ve been using PP4F since he started carrying the beads and I’ve never had this happen. I’ve talked with Paul and we are going to do some research into it and some testing. 

Please let us know on here what you come up with. I hope it's something that's an easy fix.

Thank you for the feedback!  We also fill our cutters almost full.  Since our last post, we’ve had two more customers that contacted us with melted freshies.  One of them happened within hours of hanging in the car.  We will no longer be using PP4F for our aroma beads.  At first we thought it might be a fluke, but we have now discovered that multiple batches with different scents have melted.  It wasn’t from just one shipment of beads either.  One shipment was from March and another from May.  We have thousands of dollars in cured and dyed beads that we are afraid to use.  We suspect they all have the potential to melt.  We have spoken with Paul from PP4F twice and will be calling him again tomorrow.  Hopefully, we can get refunded for the defective beads.  We are taking a huge hit financially from this ordeal.  Not to mention, our company’s reputation is on the line.  We don’t mind spending more money to get a quality product.  We researched and read customer reviews for a significant amount of time prior to starting this business.  

We just received our Cajun Candles aroma beads and started soaking those.  We will keep you guys updated and would still appreciate feedback if others are having a problem with melting.  

• Sad 1

@LWalk Since you have beads ready to bake, I would try baking a few samples of those for a longer period of time.  If there is any softness in the center when cooled, try baking even longer.  I was able to salvage some  ornies made with "bad beads" this way last year.

I know exactly where you are coming from.  If people have problems, they won't buy them again; and word gets around.  

GoldieMN

19 hours ago, LWalk said:

Thank you for the feedback!  We also fill our cutters almost full.  Since our last post, we’ve had two more customers that contacted us with melted freshies.  One of them happened within hours of hanging in the car.  We will no longer be using PP4F for our aroma beads.  At first we thought it might be a fluke, but we have now discovered that multiple batches with different scents have melted.  It wasn’t from just one shipment of beads either.  One shipment was from March and another from May.  We have thousands of dollars in cured and dyed beads that we are afraid to use.  We suspect they all have the potential to melt.  We have spoken with Paul from PP4F twice and will be calling him again tomorrow.  Hopefully, we can get refunded for the defective beads.  We are taking a huge hit financially from this ordeal.  Not to mention, our company’s reputation is on the line.  We don’t mind spending more money to get a quality product.  We researched and read customer reviews for a significant amount of time prior to starting this business.  

We just received our Cajun Candles aroma beads and started soaking those.  We will keep you guys updated and would still appreciate feedback if others are having a problem with melting.  

I am so sorry you're having such trouble out of your beads. It can be so frustrating and expensive for sure. I think I"m going to post this question in my group on FB to see if any of my customers are having thing happen that I don't know about.

I will tell you that in my experience with Cajun beads you will have to let them soak longer and bake a little longer. Theirs, Aztec's and the ones from AAA seem to be bigger than the rest of the ones I've bought. They do bake up nice in my opinion though. I just can't bake the two types of beads at the same time because of the difference in how they need to bake.

If you want smaller beads that soak faster then NG and BCN have excellent beads. They are higher but will be worth the cost in the long run.

Wishing you much success and keep us posted on how things are going!

19 hours ago, LWalk said:

I like cajun’s beads and Nature’s Garden. There’s got to be someplace we can order from like PP4F where we can get them in bulk! I also Find that Aztec’s beads do not hold a scent at all. 

On 7/15/2019 at 12:50 PM, Skk5233 said:

I like cajun’s beads and Nature’s Garden. There’s got to be someplace we can order from like PP4F where we can get them in bulk! I also Find that Aztec’s beads do not hold a scent at all. 

I agree! I wish I knew how to get them though. I went on BCN website and 10 pounds of their beads are almost double what PP4F charges for theirs and that's before shipping! WOW! I don't remember them being that much better if any. I just remember them being the smaller beads that soaked up faster than the ones from Cajun and Aztec. 

The ones I got from AAA are larger too but they did soak up the oil I used in them but it just took longer. I did an experiment with them and the ones from Plastic and theirs soaked up days faster. Haven't baked them yet though to see which has the stronger scent.

Do you find the ones from Cajun are bigger and take longer to soak up? I think the ones from NG are the smaller ones but theirs are more expensive too. I think I'm going to go ahead and order some from LS like I've been meaning to do and see how theirs work. They don't charge an arm and a leg for theirs and I would get them sooner. So far though the ones from PP4F are working out ok. I sure wish Aroma beads online would go back to their old beads.

Getting seriously frustrated with beads melting out from under my cookie cutters. I got the cookie cutters from cookiecutter.com is there anywhere else that has some that are a little more heavy duty? These bend out of shape so easy and I am having trouble getting them to lay flat again 😫

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 6:50 AM, beckemmons said:

Getting seriously frustrated with beads melting out from under my cookie cutters. I got the cookie cutters from cookiecutter.com is there anywhere else that has some that are a little more heavy duty? These bend out of shape so easy and I am having trouble getting them to lay flat again 😫

This happens to me all the time too. I get tired of it but I take scissors and trim around them. You can get heavier cutters that are made from heavier stuff ( I think copper) but they are so expensive. I have one but it was only because I wanted an Indian head and that's the only place I found one. I think it was about $14 or so.

I get a lot of my cookie cutters from there too. Some that might seem a little heavier are the Ann Clark ones but they're not very big. It seems they all bend out of shape a little when used.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Skk5233 said:

Has anyone tried the beads from LS yet? I was Just noticing the price and they are comparable to everyone except PP4F. 

Not yet but thinking about placing an order with them this weekend so I'll order a few pounds.

• Thanks 1