Crafter's Choice™ brand FO's

Clear Black

Do any of you know what makes Crafter's Choice™ brand FO's so much more expensive than other brands that suppliers offer?

Take Black Raspberry Vanilla for example.  Candle Science offers their version in a 16oz bottle for $19.97.  Wholesale Supplies Plus sells Crafter's Choice™ brand in a 16oz bottle for $35.95. I guess I am confused as to why there version is nearly 2x the cost. Is it a concentrated FO or are they just re-sellers marking their end up and selling to people like me?

Take Monkey Farts FO again as an example.  The Flaming Candle sells a 16oz bottle for $18.99. WSP sells the Crafter's Choice™ brand of Monkey Farts FO in a 16oz bottle for $36.95.  Again, nearly 2x the cost.

I ask this because there are some Crafter's Choice™ brand FO's that I really like and cannot find elsewhere but I cant get myself to pay nearly 2x the cost of normal FO prices. 

Edited by Clear Black

Wsp factors in the “free” shipping, those offering crafters Choice brand pay hefty licensing fees to sell the brand. Crafters choice brand products are offered by other resellers, sometimes you can get better prices. Wait for wsp sales to get nicer prices. 

I have found crafters Choice brand FO Perform better in my products than other scents by the same name. Those I have used are more concentrated, nuanced, and long lasting than the cheapie retailers I’ve tried for the same type of fragrances. 

Edited to add the crafters Choice distributor program application. http://www.crafters-choice.com/PDFs/Crafters_Choice_Agreement.pdf

• Like 3

For me a 1 pound bottle of BRV from CS shipped is 29.72

WSP being 35.95 shipped to me is about a 6.00 difference which is roughly 38 cents more an ounce and that is way worth it to me as the quality of Wsp doesn’t compare 

Believe me I have done the math on most fragrances I use from them and when I try another supplies version I’m usually greatly disappointed 

I have also found I can use a less percentage of Wsp so I tell mysel it balances out 

I know a lot of people balk at the prices of Wsp because the shipping is included but for myself it’s worth it, comes down to what your willing to pay and what works well in your wax 

• Like 4

There are several things about WSP that bug the heck out of me, but I won't go into that.  Their stuff is good though.  I have a couple of their FO's that I use faithfully, but thankfully they are not very expensive ones. I also love their silicone molds and have purchased several.  They package things very well. And you gotta love FO's in glass bottles.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Wsp factors in the “free” shipping, those offering crafters Choice brand pay hefty licensing fees to sell the brand. Crafters choice brand products are offered by other resellers, sometimes you can get better prices. Wait for wsp sales to get nicer prices. 

I have found crafters Choice brand FO Perform better in my products than other scents by the same name. Those I have used are more concentrated, nuanced, and long lasting than the cheapie retailers I’ve tried for the same type of fragrances. 

Edited to add the crafters Choice distributor program application. http://www.crafters-choice.com/PDFs/Crafters_Choice_Agreement.pdf

Good point on the shipping. Had not thought of that factor.  Next problem I am having is how to start testing fragrances when they do not offer 1 oz sample bottles. Is there another supplier that carries CC brand FO's in the 1 oz samplers? 

As always thanks TT

2 hours ago, moonshine said:

For me a 1 pound bottle of BRV from CS shipped is 29.72

WSP being 35.95 shipped to me is about a 6.00 difference which is roughly 38 cents more an ounce and that is way worth it to me as the quality of Wsp doesn’t compare 

Believe me I have done the math on most fragrances I use from them and when I try another supplies version I’m usually greatly disappointed 

I have also found I can use a less percentage of Wsp so I tell mysel it balances out 

I know a lot of people balk at the prices of Wsp because the shipping is included but for myself it’s worth it, comes down to what your willing to pay and what works well in your wax 

I just did the same thing and for BRV WSP vs Candle Science it was a $6 difference as well. Which makes it WAY more easy to swallow and maybe better knowing that they may perform better than the cheaper retailers.  Lets hope I can locate some CC brand 1 oz samplers now 

20 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

There are several things about WSP that bug the heck out of me, but I won't go into that.  Their stuff is good though.  I have a couple of their FO's that I use faithfully, but thankfully they are not very expensive ones. I also love their silicone molds and have purchased several.  They package things very well. And you gotta love FO's in glass bottles.

So far they seem like an overall solid supplier other than not offering 1 oz sample FO's.  I dont think I will be able to get the 2 oz bottle at $7+ just for testing. Not in my current budget anyways

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TallTayl said:

So now I have another line of FOs I have to try. I really should stay off of this board.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Forrest said:

So now I have another line of FOs I have to try. I really should stay off of this board.

And @Clear Black Keep your eyes on the classifieds and destash groups on facebook. 

@bfroberts I’m with you, several of their policy changes rubbed me the wrong way. I only keep a few of their fragrances around because they perform well and sell well for me. I wait for sales then buy Bulk.

We can always co-op their fragrances. The 10lb drum pricing is pretty reasonable per lb. 

• Like 3

Just got an email from them about a 8% increase across the board but they are not going to increase prices, instead they are doing away with the 2- 3 and 4% cart discount effective June 25

I think we are going to start seeing this with all suppliers real soon 

44 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Just got an email from them about a 8% increase across the board but they are not going to increase prices, instead they are doing away with the 2- 3 and 4% cart discount effective June 25

That is still a significant increase in prices even if we do jot see it change the actual cost of the products. How soon after they remove the cart discounts will they raise the actual product prices is what I am curious about. Hmm

9 hours ago, TallTayl said:

We can always co-op their fragrances. The 10lb drum pricing is pretty reasonable per lb. 

I would definitely be down with that! Their quality is generally outstanding, but I hesitate to pay those prices for common FOs like Love Spell or Sandalwood that other companies do well. WSP does have a couple that I can't get anywhere else though!

8 hours ago, moonshine said:

I believe RE is in the process of raising their prices too. Not gonna lie, I'm stockpiling before prices skyrocket. 😂

I too use a few of WSP's fragrances.  They perform well though some have increased crazy high.  One of my best sellers is Raspberry Lemonade.  It's  43.00 lb.  A several months ago is was 32 something.  

I think we are going to see most companies increasing their prices.  I've decided to just order what I use most frequently to have in stock before they go up.

14 hours ago, Sarah S said:

I believe RE is in the process of raising their prices too. Not gonna lie, I'm stockpiling before prices skyrocket. 😂

Have you seen an announcement about RE raising prices?  I've been holding off on buying any FO's until I use some more of my vast supply, but I will go ahead and order a few if prices are going up.

6 hours ago, GailC said:

Have you seen an announcement about RE raising prices?  I've been holding off on buying any FO's until I use some more of my vast supply, but I will go ahead and order a few if prices are going up.

Gail, I know they said something about it in the last email they sent out, maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately I went back in my email and now I can't find it! I don't recall them giving a certain % increase or mentioning a date, just that they could no longer absorb the increase from their end and needed to increase prices. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

I really hope they are still going to do their summer sample sale, I have been waiting for that!

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

Gail, I know they said something about it in the last email they sent out, maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately I went back in my email and now I can't find it! I don't recall them giving a certain % increase or mentioning a date, just that they could no longer absorb the increase from their end and needed to increase prices. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

I really hope they are still going to do their summer sample sale, I have been waiting for that!

I talked to someone at RE today, and she said some prices had been raised, but they only raise prices when one of their suppliers raises its prices.  So it's not an across the board increase.  I checked and the FO's I am interested in are still $17.95/$18.95  a pound each so I didn't order yet.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, GailC said:

I talked to someone at RE today, and she said some prices had been raised, but they only raise prices when one of their suppliers raises its prices.  So it's not an across the board increase.  I checked and the FO's I am interested in are still $17.95/$18.95  a pound each so I didn't order yet.

Phew! That's good to hear, I do love many of their oils, but I'm holding off as well. They have a couple that I only use for my own lotion and perfumes, so I'm really really hoping they still do that sample sale, one ounce can last a long time when you only use an 1/8 ounce at time! 😆