I just did a great Daffodil blend!

Trappeur

Well the other day I was at one of my accounts and we were picking out new fragrances for her shop.  Well I brought in Fillmores Daffodil in a candle I made and she liked it very well.  I also did a Flaming Fresh Cut Grass too and she liked that one too.  Actually she thought they were similar.  Well they are sort of, so I said why don"'t I do a blend 50/50 of those 2 together and you know what?  I did and it's fabulous!   Well I think it is.  When you think of Daffodils and Grass together, well they really do go together being that they are both outdoors and you see Daffodils coming up through the grass.   So she decided to keep just the name Fresh Cut Grass even with the 2 blends together.  Now my other big account the apple orchard that you all have heard me talking about, well I decided to do this blend for them but I always rename the scents differently so each shop has their own exclusive name....so what do you think of this what I came up with for the apple orchard account......I'm doing "Who Cut the Grass"?????  I thought it was kinda neat especially being that I'm horrible at thinking up names?  Thought I would show you my labels I do for them...

The jars I use for both these accounts is the pint canning jars small mouth.

Merciers has a black lid and Aprils Attic has the old timey rust lid.  April's prim shop she is into sunflowers so I came up with this label for her.  Speaking of Sunflowers, Flaming came out with an oil called Sunflower and I got a sample of it, thinking April might want that scent.  Now I don't know what Sunflowers smell like, but when I got the sample from Flaming....well, I don't like at all and she didn't either.    Smells like a cologne and was horrible I thought.    So that went out the window.

Trappeur

1740858937_view(10).thumb.jpg.1cb27813fb24e0ed1eaaee9ed5b7d3ca.jpg

8820965_2.jpg.1700d717c998d805434af53e0036a93c.jpg

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

I love your labels! So pretty! I just got some of the fresh cut grass oil too, but I ran out of containers to put candles in, so I'm waiting for more to be in stock locally. Guess I should have ordered the case.  I was just thinking....what about..."Barefoot in the Grass"? Sounds so summery! I'm glad you mentioned that Sunflower oil, I was tempted to order it, but didn't. 

You know KK, I know better than that to judge out of the bottle....but to my nose was like a cheap perfume and even the shop owner who I was with that day, turned her nose right up at it..... Granted I don't know what a sunflower scent is supposed to smell like, but I do know what a floral smells like and this is not any floral.

You know what?  I'm going to town tomorrow.  Give me your address and I'll send you the sample I got.   You may like it!  Hey it might be good....just never know!

Trappeur

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 5:08 PM, Trappeur said:

Well the other day I was at one of my accounts and we were picking out new fragrances for her shop.  Well I brought in Fillmores Daffodil in a candle I made and she liked it very well.  I also did a Flaming Fresh Cut Grass too and she liked that one too.  Actually she thought they were similar.  Well they are sort of, so I said why don"'t I do a blend 50/50 of those 2 together and you know what?  I did and it's fabulous!   Well I think it is.  When you think of Daffodils and Grass together, well they really do go together being that they are both outdoors and you see Daffodils coming up through the grass.   So she decided to keep just the name Fresh Cut Grass even with the 2 blends together.  Now my other big account the apple orchard that you all have heard me talking about, well I decided to do this blend for them but I always rename the scents differently so each shop has their own exclusive name....so what do you think of this what I came up with for the apple orchard account......I'm doing "Who Cut the Grass"?????  I thought it was kinda neat especially being that I'm horrible at thinking up names?  Thought I would show you my labels I do for them...

Merciers has a black lid and Aprils Attic has the old timey rust lid.  April's prim shop she is into sunflowers so I came up with this label for her.  Speaking of Sunflowers, Flaming came out with an oil called Sunflower and I got a sample of it, thinking April might want that scent.  Now I don't know what Sunflowers smell like, but when I got the sample from Flaming....well, I don't like at all and she didn't either.    Smells like a cologne and was horrible I thought.    So that went out the window.

Trappeur

Trapp,I am always amazed with your labels ,so professional.I order tomatoe leaf from Flaming & love this one oob .I was thinking about a blend last week with fresh cut grass & Hycinth .I also like adding CMS Apricot to many outdoor type scents ,adds a lil sweetness to a stout fragrance kwim. I may blend Daffodil & Tomatoe leaf as well ,never know may smell great ...lol or Not . Well just wanted to compliment your Awesome labels ,both are wonderful .

Trappeur

"Blue Ridge Mountain Grass" comes to mind for Aprils Attic account .Thought you may like this name as well. 

Trappeur

Your labels are amazing!  What program do you use to design these if I may ask?

2 minutes ago, Candybee said:

For a name how about Sweetgrass or Fresh Mowed Lawn?

Your labels are nice.

I already got the labels in yesterday as shown above...lol...I moved fast on this order.   But  Fresh Mowed Lawn was in fact going to be my choice till I went with Fresh Cut GRass and Who Cut the Grass for the 2 accounts....Thanks anyway Candybee!

Trappeur                                        

4 hours ago, Trappeur said:

You know KK, I know better than that to judge out of the bottle....but to my nose was like a cheap perfume and even the shop owner who I was with that day, turned her nose right up at it..... Granted I don't know what a sunflower scent is supposed to smell like, but I do know what a floral smells like and this is not any floral.

You know what?  I'm going to town tomorrow.  Give me your address and I'll send you the sample I got.   You may like it!  Hey it might be good....just never know!

Trappeur

Thanks so much for the offer but I already had ordered 8 oz, yikes if it smells like cheap perfume or any perfume I may gag, lol.

I'm so sorry I said how I didn't like it....maybe my sniffer was off that day?  lol

Well we all smell things differently so lets hope it is really nice and once in wax it's super!

Please let me know what you think.

Trappeur

I seem to remember seeing...somewhere...that you can get an oil called "dirt", and that if you mix it with the fresh cut grass, it smells really good. I used to drive by a golf course on my way home from work in Las Vegas...and they'd be watering the course....I would roll the windows down to smell it, because it reminded me of growing up in Michigan. Could call it "Golf Course"....or "Morning Mow"...or something like that? :)