I've read in a few books the last few months that pantyhose are as good as you can get for polishing up your pillar candles.   Is there something that would work just as well?  As a guy, I don't buy them.  I've never worn them either (well there was that one time in college...) never mind.  It would be embarrassing to go buy any and I'm currently without a girlfriend.  Besides, I don't know what size I wear.

• Like 2

Ya know, I have never worried about polishing my pillars.  Once they come out of the mold and are wicked. they are what they are.  I have never heard of polishing the end product???  I can imagine that the polishing would give a nice smooth surface to the outside of the candle but wonder why the extended effort would be needed when the candles come out of the mold pretty smooth.  Am I missing something here? ( If I'm missing something, please message me because I'm totally lost on why the polishing is needec)

• Like 1

Ya never know what method fits your end goal until you try it.  IMHO, candle making is a personal journey......if you have an idea, go for it........if it doesn't work out like what you wanted then maybe you can alter the procedure or the formula.  AND you will reap the reward of burning that candle yourself......I burn many of my test candles and that's ok.......I love the scent that spreads threw out the house and it gives me inspiration to go forward and create something else.....

This whole candle making thing is an obsession to me.......when I burn a candle that was questionable and discover that the FO scent is special, I can't wait to pour another.

ETA: whatever your imagination can conceive, you can pour.

Edited by Pam W
  • Thanks 1

Quentin, buy knee highs and don't make an issue out of it. Go to Walmart and self check out. No one, these days, are going to look at you weird and so what if they do. Personally, though, will you be looking at putting a protective glaze on next? 

• Thanks 1

LOL....too funny.

I honestly do not buy pantyhose either, as I don't wear them and haven't for years, but I

DO use them to polish my pillars and they also polish cp soap real nice!

I have a bunch of old ones I cut up and use :)

I say go to the dollar store and buy them.

quite honestly, I do get embarressed sometimes when I buy certain items at the drug store.

a few months ago I had to buy stuff for a medical procedure my h was having: prep H , an enema, stool softener, some large kotex pads 

and I just so happened to need    (ahem....whispers)....adult lubricant since I was low on it :o. Since I was there I also got

2 packs of cigarettes LOL.  It looked really bad at the register....and of course it was a young kid at the register, and a line behind me

so I said....we are planning a wild night at my house LOLOLOL. He laughed :lol:

• Haha 2