Lilac - Nature's Garden

Lighten Up

11 hours ago, Moonstar said:

What's happening in the 415 

that it wasn't doing before?

im not a floral fan but I've used 

WSP lilac and it's super realistic but very strong.

I believe all soy waxes have been affected by the FDA removing the trans fats, therefore, it's like working with a totally new wax. I have been using 415 for 11 years, and I am now retesting everything. The consistency is totally different, much creamier and fussier to pour, thankfully, I'm still getting terrific throw.

13 hours ago, Moonstar said:

What's happening in the 415 

that it wasn't doing before?

im not a floral fan but I've used 

WSP lilac and it's super realistic but very strong.

I was also told by a supplier (not the mfg) that the reason each batch lot is performing different is they keep trying to get the waxes back to where they were using other ingredients.  Not sure I really believe this but then again every dang batch I get is a whole new experience.  I would think a mfg would do all these tests at once in house and then put out the product they feel worked the best.

• Thanks 1

You would think @kandlekrazy. You would think. But so many have flat out refused to listen to us end users that something is horridly wrong with soy. 

The coconut wax manufacturers sure are thanking the ostriches with their heads stuck in the sand with every trip to the bank. This mass search for a decent wax is driving the cost of my soaping lbs into the stratosphere. 

10 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

I was also told by a supplier (not the mfg) that the reason each batch lot is performing different is they keep trying to get the waxes back to where they were using other ingredients.  Not sure I really believe this but then again every dang batch I get is a whole new experience.  I would think a mfg would do all these tests at once in house and then put out the product they feel worked the best.

When I first heard about these changes, I emailed my wax supplier, they said they were not aware of any changes or problems(really?). Thanks to Goldie, I was able to contact AAK and spoke to the wax lab about what was going on. Even though we are a secondary market, I do think they recognize us. Interesting to hear that it could still be changing - that could go on for a long time. I think the dates on the packing is used as the batch number, so there may be a way to find some consistency there. Thankfully, I buy by the pallet, but to think I could be going through this chaos every year is not pleasing at all.

• Like 1

Just now, TallTayl said:

What gets me are the total untruths told to us by both manufacturers and retailers. Each has told me (and others) that they have not received any complaints. For real. 

Agreed!! I would not have been aware of it if not for this board. Thank you all!!!

• Like 1

@Lighten Up

the CS lilac could be reformulated I would contact CS and ask them (not that your going to get the truth) but in my latest ongoing emails arguing there IS a problem with soy wax I asked them if they were going to publicly announce any changes in their fragrances due to the fire 

they claim it is not affecting them yet but when it does they WILL let their audience know but they Have been reformulating all their fragrances with phthalates to phthalate free, they have a few more to go so it's worth asking if lilac is one of them....I haven't been on the site lately to see where they might post this 

and for what it's worth JS LiLac was wonderful in 415 for me - back when 415 was 415 🤔

Edited by moonshine

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

@Lighten Up

the CS lilac could be reformulated I would contact CS and ask them (not that your going to get the truth) but in my latest ongoing emails arguing there IS a problem with soy wax I asked them if they were going to publicly announce any changes in their fragrances due to the fire 

they claim it is not affecting them yet but when it does they WILL let their audience know but they Have been reformulating all their fragrances with phthalates to phthalate free, they have a few more to go so it's worth asking if lilac is one of them....I haven't been on the site lately to see where they might post this 

and for what it's worth JS LiLac was wonderful in 415 for me - back when 415 was 415 🤔

That is a good idea, but, I have to say, that almost every time(not necessarily CS), I have had to address an issue with a supplier, I have been shot down and the other elements of my candles were questioned and/or blamed. So, I guess I'm not very hopeful. The last CS Lilac I bought was Sept. '17, it wicks lovely in the old wax. Are you saying that if it has been reformulated, it may work for me now?