Uncut Fragrance oil suppliers

Venetti

On 1/6/2018 at 8:42 PM, strugglebrother said:

Bitter Creek's oils are diluted heavily with a solvent. Wellington also (even their premium ones who are supposed to be uncut)

Bramble Berry's oils are strong but only a few are suitable for candlemaking.

Strongest one's for candles would be Candle Science & Rustic. Save on Scents sell their oil's as diluted or uncut (extreme)

Bulk Apothecary has terrible customer support and many of their oils will go off within 6 months.

Nature's Garden's oils are very cut and has a soapy smell to all of them (first time ever all of my samples with a supplier went in the bin)

Wanted to bring this thread back because I also believe a lot of these FO's are diluted with solvent despite being advertised as being uncut. I ordered a bunch recently and they definitely have the same "soapy" base to them that kind of ruins the scent in ethanol when I was trying to make a body spray/perfume out of them. I'm guessing a lot of soap and candle makers don't notice the smell because it blends in well for that, but it's prominent when your spraying it with ethanol.

However, I know that most of these FO's are made for soap and candle making predominantly so I'm not too upset about it. Real perfuming is hard and I was just experimenting with premade FO's.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/13/2021 at 4:30 PM, GhostHauntings said:

@Darbla I've actually been playing around the past month/month in a half with different fragrances and am loving it so far. I made my spouse some colognes and he loves them. I use 95% Ethanol and have had some really good results. I'm going to grab some Fractionated Coconut Oil and some roller ball bottles and try to make roll-ons next as I think these would do even better as oil perfumes. Your old posts here are pretty much what made me take the jump into it and I'm glad I did!

On 5/25/2021 at 1:11 PM, GhostHauntings said:

Wanted to bring this thread back because I also believe a lot of these FO's are diluted with solvent despite being advertised as being uncut. I ordered a bunch recently and they definitely have the same "soapy" base to them that kind of ruins the scent in ethanol when I was trying to make a body spray/perfume out of them. I'm guessing a lot of soap and candle makers don't notice the smell because it blends in well for that, but it's prominent when your spraying it with ethanol.

However, I know that most of these FO's are made for soap and candle making predominantly so I'm not too upset about it. Real perfuming is hard and I was just experimenting with premade FO's.

Have you found the best company to order fragrance oils from for your perfumes? I have been trying hard to find some as I am also a hobbiest,blender just for myself as of now.Have any favorite pumpkins or marshmallow fragrance oils?