• Aztec
    • Sweet Cakes
    • Bulk Apothecary
    • Candle Science
    • Candlewic
    • Lone Star
    • Candles & Supplies
    • New Directions Aromatics

I bought about 15 samples from The Flaming Candle several months ago. I made some candles with them but I wasn't very impressed with them. I hate that I wasted a lot of wax trying these out... although I guess that's part of it until you find what works. I'm just wondering if there's any companies you've tried that you had more success with than "duds"? (I realize that not everything will be great and scents are very subjective) I probably wouldn't mind trying around if it weren't for such high shipping rates. :( Seems a waste to only order one or two samples from 4-5 places if the shipping is $10-15 at each. Sorry if this has already been discussed, I checked through about 5 pages before posting this.

Edited by lisabeth13

2 hours ago, ldunleav said:

I love Candle Science and The Chemistry Store since they carry Lebermuth fragrance oils both in my opinion are high quality fragrance oils. I like some Fragrance Buddy and some Flaming but a lot of duds. 

I haven't heard of The Chemistry Store... I will definitely check them out. What are your favorites from them?

3 hours ago, jtiff66578 said:

I know a lot of people do- but I didn't have much luck with their oils either. :-(

It's such a shame. I had high hopes for them too after reading through the reviews. They must have a few really good ones that I didn't pick :P because mine didn't turn out as anticipated. 

You should check by searching here what wax and wicks you use and see what others who use your same wax suggest as to what companies and oils they use as it sure depends upon your wax/wicks.   Another company that I don't see up there is Just Scent...I have just started using them and lots do use them and by sales I'm making I've got some good ones I selected.

I recently have been making from JS Cranberry Orange Spice, Farmhouse Cider and Cider Lane and they were awesome.  I've been blending Farmhouse Cider and Cider Lane together and yummy!   Chestnuts and Brown Sugar is awesome from them too.  These have been selling like crazy.  Another one I just put in wax but it hasn't cured yet is Chubby Hubby.....Such a cutie patootie name! ha!

I've always thought CS to be of very high quality oils and pretty much anything from them is a winner.  I think most everyone you talk to is going to say the same thing.  Do a search here for the oils as there are tons!

Fillmore is another one I love as well as RE....same thing...do a search here for what oils.

Another company not listed but I consider high quality is Candle Cocoon.

Flaming is my go to main supplier.  Because of awesome shipping rates from them, next day delivery and having all my supplies from them makes me.

very happy.  Oh sure they have their duds...but so do all the other companies.  It's all a matter of testing.

What is your wax you use?  Are you just starting out in the candle world and just getting started or have you been doing this for a long time?    That could make a difference too.

Hope this helps a bit.  Oh, yea, I use 464.

Trappeur 

I'm sorry I can't vote for just one supplier.  :)  I couldn't pick one of those being better than all the rest.  From that list I like:

Aztec

Nature's Garden

Rustic Escentuals

Candlescience

Candlewic

Not on your list I like:

Fragrance Buddy

Cierra Candles

Millcreek

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

Fillmore Container isn't in the list but is up there, for me, with Rustic Escentuals.

GoldieMN

I order all my containers from there and they sent me a free F.O. sample with my last order... I haven't had a chance to try it out but it smells good OOB. I love that they use dark glass bottles as well. 

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! I'll just have to order from multiple suppliers and see what happens I guess. :) My wallet is really going to take a hit with all these shipping charges. I recently moved to Canada as well... so I'm looking at $25-41 in shipping once I start having things shipped here. I'm going to have some things shipped to my parents house in the U.S. since we are going there for christmas but that's a 13 hr drive and I don't know when we will make it back there again. Also, some of the companies y'all listed (FB, CS, Candles & Supplies) don't ship to Canada at all or I'd love to try them out.  

It's honestly too hard for me to really pick one. In my own experience, anyway, all of the companies I have tried, have some FO's that are really good, and some FO's that are meh, and some FO's that were just kind of bad. I have yet to experience an FO supplier who just really wow'ed me, or who just really disappointed me across the board.

I really like piping rock's fragrance oils, but their selection is rather small, much too small to be a central go-to supplier. Rustic esenctuals FO's in my experience tend to often smell really good, but fade quickly and most of them dry down into a generic soap smell pretty fast, even if they didn't start out smelling anything at all like soap. Nature's garden is my absolute favorite for some types of FO's, but they also fade fast and get soapy smelling on me. This wouldn't be an issue at all if I was making soap, though! And they tend to cater to people making candles or soap, so hey. Bulk apothecary I find their FO's to be very potent and often unique, which justifies the higher prices for me, but when one of their FO's doesn't smell good, it's also more money than usual wasted. I recently tried their honey henri bendel type FO, and to me it smells like some sort of weird and sickly body odor smell, like I swear that I have smelled it somewhere before in my life, probably while working as a CNA, and can't place it but it's nothing I would ever want in any of my products, gives me the heebie jeebies. Bramble berry has had some really nice FO's to my tastes, but sometimes their descriptions are way off and I feel ripped off with the price and shipping once I open something and smell it (looking at you, Sea Moss, aka generic laundry detergent smell #83749274). 

I have an order of samples on the way from wholesale supplies plus and am expecting it to be the same.. probably a couple total duds, several meh ones, and a few that I will go to wsp JUST to get those FO's because of how much I like them.

Edited by NaughtyNancy
  • Thanks 1

Here to add to your confusion, my non-singular answer:

Lone Star

Bitter Creek North

Rustic Escentuals

Candle Science

Candlewic

I would've put Peak on the list, but they are no more.  Hopefully whatever company that was that bought them will sell their exact scents.  I am having a fit to try Fillmore after all the great comments.

• Thanks 1