Which caption would you choose for a label?

Trappeur

Was wondering if this was a label you were making, what caption under the fragrance name do you think is a better saying?  Every time I make most of my labels I either will put natural soy, or soy candle and at times I don't put anything if I don't have the room.  I've always wondered for so long what would look best?

Me personally I lean towards just " natural soy" without candle in the caption as people know it is a candle, but maybe it looks better with saying candle?  I just don't know.  I also have always loved the word "CandleLight" (my thought up word, lol).

This is going into another shop with my name on it instead of the shops name.  I wanted something more simple and clean and being that I'm a pine cone  and pine tree gal, I thought this picture fit the look I was going after.   So I could use advice on what caption you like best?  I like the first one, but I always like to get feed back and generally go with what people suggest.

Sorry bout the Zazzle watermark.  Nothing I can do about that.   It disappears once I select and order from them.

Thanks!  Trappeur

59fba0f69c5bf_Trapp1.thumb.jpg.50e0025deea2b3e0f9d5ac503c6479bf.jpg

59fba1523d4cf_Trapp2.thumb.jpg.56a167bb33ce8d33127f70449997ed45.jpg

59fba184d3a61_Trapp3.thumb.jpg.0d59e24e1a64342ce75ad1d051758ee3.jpg

59fba1b0994b5_Trapp4.thumb.jpg.f41623665212006eaef03cae7fa7a8ed.jpg

I think "soy candle" is probably the better choice. 

First, because soy crops are not completely natural.  Second, I think you use UV additive. 

So, probably better to leave the "natural" to the minds of the consumer.

Also, our the f/o's we use aren't natural.  :)

It's a delightful and simple design, very sweet.

Edited by birdcharm
(additional thoughts)
  • Like 3

Love the design!

I think in keeping with the simplicity, I prefer the Soy Candle. In my mind, the "natural" part is kind of understood.  And like @birdcharm said, that way you aren't caught in the dilemma of non natural fragrance oils and such to muddy the waters.

Your labels always look amazing!

• Like 1

I like soy candlelight myself 

make it a part of your branding as it's not seen on other candles and a pretty catchy with a visual when reading the label that makes me envision the candle light from the candle if I buy it ....if that makes any sense 😂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, candyb said:

I like natural soy like you say they know it is a candle.

Reminds me of marketing classes I took where people thought Gerber's baby food contained ground up babies because of the baby picture on the label. I need to re-read labeling rules, but at one time remember reading it should contain the name for what the product inside the container is... 

The word natural has been overused and has has become meaningless to many consumers. Soon it will be the albatross of labels when people equate the word to someone wanting to shill something. 

Soy candle is simple, accurate and not misleading. 

@Trappeur
Hi Trapp! :hello:

Did ya MISS me? 
How about: "Jar full'o bean wax wid'a strang innit whut ya set fahr to... It's purdy an'it smahels good!"  
Or soy candle... That works too. 

I have to agree with Bird, ain't nothing natural about a soy bean these days. 

Sponiebr
THE Executor of BAD Ideas and Sundry Services 

34 minutes ago, Sponiebr said:

@Trappeur
Hi Trapp! :hello:

Did ya MISS me? 
How about: "Jar full'o bean wax wid'a strang innit whut ya set fahr to... It's purdy an'it smahels good!"  
Or soy candle... That works too. 

I have to agree with Bird, ain't nothing natural about a soy bean these days. 

Sponiebr
THE Executor of BAD Ideas and Sundry Services 

Geesh Sponey!  Can you believe I just messaged you asking if you were still alive?  Talk about telepathy.....

Course I missed ya.....so did everyone else!  Good seeing you again...hoping all is well and your just busy.....

Thanks for your suggestion too.

Trappeur:hello:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Geesh Sponey!  Can you believe I just messaged you asking if you were still alive?  Talk about telepathy.....

Course I missed ya.....so did everyone else!  Good seeing you again...hoping all is well and your just busy.....

Thanks for your suggestion too.

Trappeur:hello:

Yep! It's telepathy alright!
Tele: f
rom the Greek combining form of tele-"far off, afar, at or to a distance," related to teleos (genitive telos) "end, goal, result,consummation, perfection," literally "completion of a cycle," 
and pathy:
from the Greek word pathos a 
quality that arouses pity or sorrow," 1660s,  from Greek pathos  "suffering, feeling,emotion, calamity," literally "what befalls one,"  related to paskhein "to suffer," andpenthos "grief, sorrow;"

I'm that way out there dude that gives ya a belly ache... 

giphy.gif

:laugh2:

Robin: "HOLY LUNATICS! That guy's NUTZ Batman!" 

Batman:"No Boy Wonder. That's just Sponie."