Can we talk one more time Pumpkin Pie?

Trappeur

Pumpkin Pie is I know a very well discussed subject that has a gazillion posts on it.....but there are a bunch of new people here and I'm sure lots make their own blends but it is now 2017 so maybe some found new favorites of Pumpkin Pie.....So I'm all ears to hear if anyone wants to contribute (again) to this subject.   I have so many pumpkin pies, souflees, cream brulees, pumpkin spices.....I have them all...and now I have some pretty hefyt orders to fill so just wanted to see what others like.

Thankyou.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Right now I like Harvest pumpkin from Cierra Candles,  Pumpkin Pie spice from  RE,  and sweet cinnamon pumpkin from FB. I also like Pumpkin Soufflé from CS, pumpkin pie from CS, and several other pumpkins. I'm still looking for the perfect one myself!

7 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

My favorite pumpkin pie is from Enchanted Lites (candlesoylutions).  It smells like the real deal, it's crazy.  Another pumpkin pie that I like, although not as strong and more sweet than Enchanted Lites is ICS Pumpkin Pie Filling.

Soshie The Enchated Lites FO's  from Solutions - do you find they work best used with the EL waxes ( Millennium + container or Pillar/votive wax ) or do they work with

any waxes ?I ordered Lemon Cheesecake from American Soy, who carries EL waxes, OMG the Lemon Cheesecake is so -so good but Im wondering if its the same EL Lemon 

Cheesecake thats also sold at Candlesoylutions ? Orange is also very good. Like a fresh squeezed orange, very realistic. I think I might try a few other EL FO's .

@Moonstar I don't use EL Wax just plain ole paraffin/soy mix from several places.  I checked Candlesoylutions and if it has the (EL) in the name it's the original formulation from Enchanted Lites.  As for other scents, some that I love have been discontinued :( , however they do have a wonderful cinnabuns and egyptian musk.  Wish I could be of more help.

I am still using CS pumpkin pie as a mixer for my pumpkin pie. But this year I am switching from CS pumpkin souffle to their new toasted pumpkin spice. It has pumpkin notes in it but I am liking the spice and buttery notes almost nutty notes. I got a sample and really liked it so I ordered a bottle. Its should be here by Wednesday. So when I next make candles I will try the new mix of CS pumpkin pie + CS toasted pumpkin spice.

I have to try something because for the last year my pumpkin pie has become a slow mover. It sells okay but not the way it used to. I am thinking customers want something a little different.

I also tried FB's apple pumpkin and really liked that. I put it into soap and the apple note really comes through. Its kind of weak in CP, don't know how it is in candles. But I liked the scent so much I am thinking of making my own apple pumpkin blend. Maybe macintosh apple or harvest apple with pumpkin pie or pumpkin souffle.

I also picked up a lavender apple from FB and really like the spa like quality of that. I am thinking a lavender, pumpkin, apple blend would be lovely and very different and refreshing for fall.

Oh man, I've tried them ALL! Literally, as a pumpkin junkie I've tried so many from every vendor. Many good ones but my staple number one seller and hands down perfect pumpkin is "Vanilla Pumpkin Pie" from Aztec! It's the perfect blend of sweet and spice with that yummy vanilla note! 🎃👏🏻

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jfear said:

Oh man, I've tried them ALL! Literally, as a pumpkin junkie I've tried so many from every vendor. Many good ones but my staple number one seller and hands down perfect pumpkin is "Vanilla Pumpkin Pie" from Aztec! It's the perfect blend of sweet and spice with that yummy vanilla note! 🎃👏🏻

`

There is nothing so yummy as a good vanilla pumpkin!!:)

I have never had a "vanilla pumpkin", but if you say it is good, I know it is good.  Though I do have a sample I think from RE....or it maybe even Aztec.  I think it is Aztec, but I wasn't impressed with it sniffing the sample....I guess gotta pour a candle.....

Trappeur

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I have never had a "vanilla pumpkin", but if you say it is good, I know it is good.  Though I do have a sample I think from RE....or it maybe even Aztec.  I think it is Aztec, but I wasn't impressed with it sniffing the sample....I guess gotta pour a candle.....

Trappeur

If it's from Aztec you should try it! It really throws beautifully. It's okay OOB but awesome in the wax. The spices really come through on the hot throw, cold throw is great too.

I used to use a vanilla pumpkin from C&S for my M&P soap years ago before I started making CP. That soap smelled soooooo good and sold really fast during fall. I never put it in candles I think... but I do remember I really loved it. Haven't tried Aztec's but I bet its good!