Best Quality Scents Online

Bia

Hello,

Where can we buy the best quality fragrances online?  

I have bought from 4 different retailers and have noticed a difference.  Wondering where the more experienced candlemakers (you!) think the best quality fragrance oils can be purchased.

Thanks!

I agree with everyone's comments too.

These are my favorites

Whole sale supplies plus 

Natures's Gardens

Fragrance Buddy

Candle Science

Just Scent

Rustic Escentuals

Cajun

Indiana Candle Supply

The Candle Source

Aztec

Candle Wic

If you list what fragrances you're interested in then we might be able to share our experiences with that particular or type of fragrance with certain suppliers and who we have found in our opinions has the best or strongest.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GailC said:

In other words, every US supplier known to mankind. :D

LOL!!!!!! I'm sure I've missed a few! *shudder*

I didn't mention Virginia candle supply, Day Star, Texas Candle Supply and Backwoods either. Oh dear! I do need help! LOL! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Belinda said:

I didn't mention Virginia candle supply, Day Star, Texas Candle Supply and Backwoods either. Oh dear! I do need help! LOL! 

How about Mill Creek?  Love their Raspberry Cream and Backroads and Orange Clove and Grandma's Kitchen and Seaside and Hillbilly Homebrew oh, and High Cotton!

I smelled NG's Raspberry Cream Cupcake, but it didn't live up to MC's Raspberry Cream to me.

MC is a little more expensive than some of my other suppliers but I can't find the equivalents of some of their FO's elsewhere.  I think High Cotton is my favorite cotton scent.  Well I like Sea Island Cotton too from Cierra.  It may be a toss up, and they are completely different.

Edited by GailC
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, GailC said:

How about Mill Creek?  Love their Raspberry Cream and Backroads and Orange Clove and Grandma's Kitchen and Seaside and Hillbilly Homebrew oh, and High Cotton!

I smelled NG's Raspberry Cream Cupcake, but it didn't live up to MC's Raspberry Cream to me.

MC is a little more expensive than some of my other suppliers but I can't find the equivalents of some of their FO's elsewhere.  I think High Cotton is my favorite cotton scent.  Well I like Sea Island Cotton too from Cierra.  It may be a toss up, and they are completely different.

I've used a few of their oils but it seems I don't wind up putting them in wax for some reason. I do like Cozy Home though. I should probably send you what I have because I don't think I'll ever use them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I've used a few of their oils but it seems I don't wind up putting them in wax for some reason. I do like Cozy Home though. I should probably send you what I have because I don't think I'll ever use them.

I used to have Cozy home...used it all. But it smells like other apple pies to me.  Good though.

I made a list of my Fragrance oils and came up with 171, not counting 1 or 2 ounce bottles or duplicates.  I sure didn't know I had that many!  Good thing I only bought 6 new scents at NG. :)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, GailC said:

I used to have Cozy home...used it all. But it smells like other apple pies to me.  Good though.

I made a list of my Fragrance oils and came up with 171, not counting 1 or 2 ounce bottles or duplicates.  I sure didn't know I had that many!  Good thing I only bought 6 new scents at NG. :)

You're right, it does smell like apple pie or apple something or another. I just sniffed it to see what it was I liked about it LOL! Smells pretty much like so many others that I have.

4 hours ago, Belinda said:

No you don't Belinda....ok here are a few more to add to the list.

Lone Star

Community Candle

Candlesoylutions

Bittercreek

Brambleberry

Elements

Maple Street Candle (a new company)

Trappeur

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Lone Star

Community Candle

Candlesoylutions

Bittercreek

Brambleberry

Elements

Trappeur

Ha! I completely forgot about Lone Star (how could I forget about a Texas company!) and I have ordered a few from Community Candle but nothing that I would keep ordering. I do have a couple from Bittercreek North and Elements.

I would love to try Candle Soylutions but it seems like shipping was really high. Does she have good oils? I've been thinking of trying Tyler Starrville too and Oh, there's Southwest and AAA. You don't hear much about those companies but maybe more people will use them since our suppliers are becoming fewer and fewer. 

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Lone Star

Community Candle

Candlesoylutions

Bittercreek

Brambleberry

Elements

Trappeur

And Candles & Supplies.  I ordered jars from them recently.

EAP innovations....I've only ordered wax from them.  Back when their shipping was cheap.

Oh, and let's not forget The Candlemaker's store....mostly wax and jars. If they would put scent descriptions, I would order more FO's from them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GailC said:

And Candles & Supplies.  I ordered jars from them recently.

EAP innovations....I've only ordered wax from them.  Back when their shipping was cheap.

Oh, and let's not forget The Candlemaker's store....mostly wax and jars. If they would put scent descriptions, I would order more FO's from them

I agree about the Candlemaker's store! If they would just put descriptions on their Fo's I would buy more from them. I have tons of samples and most smell really good OOB but I hate to use them because I don't know how to describe most of them.

I order from at least 8 different suppliers, with top sellers from all of them. So I wouldn't just want to say one is better than the other. I do recommend having a few suppliers in case one closes. Then you're left scrambling looking for replacements.

You can order 5, 1oz sample bottles of the same scent from 5 different suppliers and I guarantee you will have 5 different results.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GailC said:

Have you tried the beach linen ( I think thats what its called) from CS ? They have a cotton one too but I don't care for it and I have a 4oz bottle that I'll 

never use :(  Hate when that happens.

44 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Have you tried the beach linen ( I think thats what its called) from CS ? They have a cotton one too but I don't care for it and I have a 4oz bottle that I'll 

never use :(  Hate when that happens.

I think I had a beach linen sample and it was nice.  CS was one of my first suppliers.  But I don't order from them much these days.  

8 hours ago, Belinda said:

I agree about the Candlemaker's store! If they would just put descriptions on their Fo's I would buy more from them. I have tons of samples and most smell really good OOB but I hate to use them because I don't know how to describe most of them.

I have two I really like and they have sold pretty well, but I couldn't tell you how they smell, except fresh and clean and 'green'.  Botanical Breeze was a 'special' I bought at the store.  and I smelled Bamboo Rainforest  when I was there once and wrote it down to order later.  They do smell completely different.  

On the other hand,  I bought Tranquil Sleep at Nature's Garden last week and it smells just simply wonderful OOB, so nice and soothing, and I could look up the description to try to describe it to someone.  Wow!  Complex.

"top notes of violet, cyclamen, hyacinth. Middle notes of juicy cantaloupe and watermelon, jasmine, rose and lily of the valley. Bottom notes of cedar, amber, and musk."  

You still may not know what it smells like after reading that, but you have to admit, it sounds good! :)

On 7/29/2017 at 9:11 PM, kfintoni said:

I did not see Fillmore listed but may have missed it. I love their oils and great for jars and wax.

Karen in MA

You're right! I love their iced lemon biscotti and nutmeg ginger and warm caramel vanilla.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your recommendations. The conclusion being there are several good ones but no guarantee all their fragrances are of the best quality. Test, test, test just like in candlemaking ;-)

Overall I have been very pleased with CandleScience.  I have liked a few particular fragrances from Flaming Candle, but many I have disliked and the bad thing about them is they do not accept returns for fragrances.  Which CandleScience does.  I rather buy a lot and dilute the shipping cost and send it back if I don't like it then make several orders of smaller bottles which cost more per ounce.

Thanks for the advice!