What candles do you burn at home for yourself?

Do you burn many? in all rooms? Do you stick with your favorite fragrances, or are you always trying new scents? Do you prefer pillars, tapers, votives, containers? Or are you so sick and tired of wax that by the end of the day, you just don't want to see another drop of the stuff?

Inquiring minds want to know.  *hiding*

• Like 1

Candles are pretty much full time for me.  It's so very hard to enjoy my favorite fragrances because I have all different fragrances going all the time.  But when I take a few days off I burn pretty much the same things though.  Pumpkin pecan waffles, vanilla bean noel, limoncello, hot chocolate, apple strudel, nutmeg and ginger.  As you can tell, I love sweets....

Trappeur

• Like 2

I only burn the testers I make of new fragrances or the tester candle from each batch I make so it's a huge variety around here and there never is enough time in the day to get through them so I have them going at work also 

At our cabin....I only burn what I like - herbal and woodsy and pine and fresh and clean 

• Like 2

I do something similar to moonshine. Since I have testers going off and on throughout the year I don't burn any other candles. I actually get tired of burning candles all the time.

The only exception, or time I burn candles just for me, is during Christmas. Then I burn my favorites through the holiday; Christmas Tree, Mistletoe, Christmas Hearth, Cedar Garland, Bayberry Apple Spice, and Nutmeg & Ginger.

• Like 1

Since I only do this as a hobby, everything I make is for me to burn. I do treat each candle like a tester, though, and take notes on them all...just in case some day down the line I decide to sell. I love trying out mixtures of FOs and experimenting with scents, but I always clean my nose palate every now and then by going back to a few of my favorites. I just added a new favorite to my list....made a mixture of White Tea & Ginger, Tonic, and London Fog.

• Like 1

I usually have testers going in my house... I think it may be driving my husband mad, there is at least one candle in each room (usually I don't burn more than one at a time so I can get an accurate sense of the hot throw).  I do tend to only make candles that I enjoy.  Usually earthy or herbal fragrances... patchouli, piñon pine, rosemary mint for example.  I like tobacco, pepper & port, and vanilla bean as well.  Ok I like everything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ehatch1 said:

piñon pine

Someone has a 'pinon pine' scent? I'd love to know who.

Thanks all for answering. Interesting. I've been burning far more candles since getting into making them again. Sometimes my living area reminds me of the church of my childhood, lol.

If I had started younger, I might have thought about selling them too, maybe 'on the side'. But that bird has long since flown the coup so now the making is  just for enjoyment. And after reading many older threads here, that would not be an easy way to make money.

Incendia, the piñon pine I have is from Wellington.  I've just poured a candle I am patiently waiting to burn... the cold throw is somewhere between earthy pine forest and chopped firewood/campfire.  It has a warm, smokey hint to it.  <3

Edited by ehatch1

@ehatch1  And here I figured I was the only one who occasionally buys from Wellington.  I know you have to be really careful, but some of their scents are quite nice.

Candles for me are a passionate hobby that I like to share with others.  I burn them only when the weather is cold, but I make them or learn more about the craft all the time.  And, I also do test burns.  Even if I'm not actively burning them (as in summer months), they are still around the house, with plans of upcoming gifts on my mind.  My niece has told me she loves candles and that I can send her as many as I like, as often as I like.  :)

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ehatch1 said:

Incendia, the piñon pine I have is from Wellington.  I've just poured a candle I am patiently waiting to burn... the cold throw is somewhere between earthy pine forest and chopped firewood/campfire.  It has a warm, smokey hint to it.  <3

Sounds awesome.  Never ordered from them...I'll have to check them out.

Trappeur

1 hour ago, ehatch1 said:

Thank you. I'm going to check them out too. I have very fond memories of camping in numerous pinyon/juniper areas.

I find so many of the scent names are more eastern-oriented so I'm renaming some. Amish Harvest for example, is now Mrs. Field's Cookies, lol.

Edited by Incendia

I started making candles because I love to burn them :)  I stay away from the bakery scents, personally, and because I used to work at Anthropologie I burned many MANY Volcano candles and Voluspa (because the discount was great). Now unless it's christmas (when we do christmas scents) I like things that are really light and subtle - eucalyptus mint is a favorite, citrus and beachy scents are always nice as well.