Need opinions on first label

jbradshaw

Looking for honest opinions on my first draft of a label for candles. I'm not selling, but I hope to one day in the future and thinking about it takes my mind off my current day job. 

I'm going for something simple - these will be on clear jars with gold lids. I don't color my candles (yet, but I don't anticipate starting). I'm hoping to do the little honeycomb in gold foil. All the other info needed will be on the warning label (debating putting those on the bottom or on the reverse side of the jar - I just don't want to get involved in wrap around labels. 

My main concern is that it's a little boring and/or similar to other labels I've seen. Is the honeycomb too literal??

Your feedback is appreciated :) 

IMG_0347.JPG.jpeg

• Like 3

My only suggestion would be to space out the honeycomb a bit more. It looks crammed in there between the two words. You have room to move the Honey one spot left and Coast one spot to the right. Leaving ample space for the honeycomb logo in middle. 

My other suggestion would be to remove the single honeycomb in the middle, and make that entire top "Name Bar" all honeycomb, leaving the business name in Black and on the top layer as is now. Not sure if you have ever worked in layers, but its easy once you begin and get familiar

Edited by Clear Black

28 minutes ago, Clear Black said:

untitled (1).jpg

I did this in less than 4 minutes, but this is what I was talking about above. Just a suggestion, nothing more, Im bored drinking coffee lol. But hey, why not offer help eh?

What program are you using? I need something besides what I'm doing to make my labels look more professional.

49 minutes ago, Belinda said:

What program are you using? I need something besides what I'm doing to make my labels look more professional.

Im only using MS Paint and the label design that comes with onlinelabels.com. Think they call it Maestro Label Designer

Nothing special, nothing fancy. Some day I hope to get a copy of Adobe Illustrator so I can design labels with vectors. Would be fun to learn

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I too love what Clear Black did....Actually with the big yellow band she did, it looks like a honey comb and changing the font color of the scent to the yellow looks smashing too and the label really pops.

Trappeur

Lol, I am a HE Trap ;D

I love the suggestions!! I have the full Adobe Suite so I'm familiar with layers but was trying to avoid printing in color and just doing a foil - however I really like how your mockup turned out so I think I'll explore that concept a bit more. Thanks for all the feedback! This forum has been so helpful in all regards.