Can't Fix Tunneling Candles HELP SOS

I am having tunneling problems with my candles as of late. I have tried a variety of candle wicks with natures garden beeswax pellets. Currently I am using CD 20 with my jar being 3.5 inches from corner to corner. I use vybar to enhance my fragrance. When making the candles, I heat up to 180, pour 0.5-1.0 oz of fragrance at 160, and then pour at about 150. If i pour my fragrance below 160, then it will harden up as I pour. What can I do to fix this problem? CD 20 is the biggest wick I have used and it does not cover my entire candle.

Please ignore my wood chipped desk!

16111876_10154441211095892_505233246_n.jpg

sfsfss.jpg

Wow, is that a nice looking beeswax....

I don't use beeswax but have been reading up on it and it is on my list to try.  Pelleted wax must be great to work with.

Hopefully others will chime in here.

Till they do the only advice I can offer is:

1.  Have you spoken with Natures Garden as to what style wick is suggested for beeswax?  I see on CScience site, they suggest the Eco series.

2.  There is another size up in the cd which is the cd22.  I don't think you would want to go that big.  So I'm thinking you might want to double wick that jar if a 20 won't suffice.

3.  Do a search here for wicking beeswax.

Sorry, I'm not much help here.

Good luck!  Please keep us posted on this journey and more pictures would be great!

Trappeur

Beeswax usually burns best with square braid wicks. It is also very difficult to make containers from that burn well without becoming too hot for glass. There are quite a few beeswax threads that talk about this when you have a few minutes to read through search results.

I agree with TallTayl.  I make beeswax pillars & tapers, but won't make container candles because the size wick you need for the beeswax will make your jar way too hot.  Years ago I had a jar I was testing shatter & that was the last time I made a beeswax container candle.  I know people make them all the time, but I personally won't buy one!!