Flaming Candle Fragrance Suggestions Please!!!

countrygal3115

16 hours ago, countrygal3115 said:

Do you guys have some suggestions of some fragrances that are a must have from Flaming!  

Tobacco Caramel is a personal favorite and I get a lot of requests for it in my melts. That's tje first thing that comes to mind for me. I'll have to go down to my stash to think of others. 

• Like 3

Trappeur turned me on to bourbon soaked raisins. I can't get enough of it. The Kentucky bourbon was OK, but not powerful enough on its own. On me it gets lost in blends.

bought a fist full of samples to test, but have not gotten that far yet. I liked most of what I received. Blended bergamot and black tea 1:1 hoping for an earl grey and the tea took over. But it was nice overall.

• 1 x Honeysuckle Fragrance Oil 

• 1 x Firewood Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Fire Roasted Marshmallows Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Mulled Cider Fragrance Oil
    • 1 x Fresh Cut Grass Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Lemon Verbena Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Blue Sugar (Type) Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Falling Leaves Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Woods & Earth Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Kentucky Bourbon Fragrance OiL
    • 1 x Chai Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Strawberries & Champagne (Type) Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Bergamot Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Chardonnay Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Fireside (Type) Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Cedar & Saffron Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Birch & Black Pepper (Type) Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Mahogany Coconut (Type) Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Bourbon Soaked Raisins Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Black Tea Fragrance Oil
    • 1 x Whiskey Fragrance Oil 
    • 1 x Pistachio Dream Cake Fragrance Oil
    • 1 x North Pole (Type) Fragrance Oil 

• Like 4

Ok, here is my list that I highly recommend Country Gal.

But keep in mind I use 464 so they are excellent throwers for me and I sell lots.....

Lemon Verbena

Limoncello - My own blend of Flamings VBN (60% to 70%)  and Lemon Verbena (40%)

Chardonnay - IS a bomb!

Bourbon Soaked Raisins (love it)

Chai (Love it).... ..You smell a lot of cinnamon in it....but it's awesome

Blueberry Cobbler

Mango Mohito

Basil-Sage-Mint

Kentucky Bourbon - Like TallTayle Said...It gets lost easily in my Leather/Kentucky Bourbon.  The leather takes over so if  you like a combo like this

I would say probably do 70% Kentucky Bourbon and 30% Leather.  But the Kentucky Bourbon is a true bourbon I would say.

Genuine Leather - Super Strong

Cabernet Grape - This is definitely a wine scent and I name it Cabernet Sauvignon

Peach Nectar

Georgia Peach

North Pole - What a great peppermint!

Redwood and Cedar - Extremely Stong

Lavender/Vanilla

Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper

Tobacco & Caramel - I love this

Vanilla Bean Noel - Very nice and good thrower but I prefer WSP

Christmas Hearth - Very similar to CS Christmas Hearth

Honeysuckle - Very true

Trappeur

• Like 4

Oh that reminds me - Mahogany Coconut was really good in wax (parasoy). So good!

TallTayl, does the tea really smell like tea? I haven't tried theirs yet because I was so disappointed in others that I gave up. I, too, was hoping beyond hope to blend an earl grey. I got discouraged and stopped trying. 

Like bom diggety Tall Tayle.

You might have to cut back on this fragrance (I use 464).

I'm not a wine conniseour (spelled wrong I know) but there is a shop I sell to that I can't make these candles fast enough for her as they sell that much.  It's a very potent strong true scent and it lingers long after the candle is blown out.  So if you like chardonnay, I don't think you could miss with this one.  It is not sweet at all.  Candle Science has a chardonnay and to me CS chardonnay has a somewhat sweetness to it.  I don't think chardonnay is supposed to have any sweetness, am I correct?

Trappeur

• Like 2

On 1/12/2017 at 9:19 PM, TallTayl said:

Trappeur turned me on to bourbon soaked raisins. I can't get enough of it. The Kentucky bourbon was OK, but not powerful enough on its own. On me it gets lost in blends.

bought a fist full of samples to test, but have not gotten that far yet. I liked most of what I received. Blended bergamot and black tea 1:1 hoping for an earl grey and the tea took over. But it was nice overall.

•  

• 1 x Chai Fragrance Oil 

Omg black tea & bergamot is what I bought for that same exact blend

im not sure what I was expecting out of the black tea FO but i was hoping it smelled more like black tea, it's good but I'm picking up a tad of a perfume y smell ??? 

Moonshine said DayStar has a good but maybe it's an icetea 

mad oils has an earl grey but I'll 

have to wait til February for her 

prebuy but it'll only be available in 4 & 16 ozs :( Have you tried it?

So you like the 50/50 blend ? 

@MoonstarI've never used mad oil scents, so I can't comment on those. Have heard the southern ice tea from daystar was good but never tried it either sorry........

the earl grey will be better with much less than 50:50 black tea to bergamot. Probably 20% tea with 80% bergamot. It smells an awful lot like brambleberry black tea.

• Like 2

Im glad you mentioned it smells similar to BB Black tea - I was going to try that but no sense in doing that now, thanks ! Hopefully Jcandleattic will this, she mentioned

once she's used most of the Mad Oils FO. Hopefully she's tried Earl Grey tea. 

Thank you so much for all the comments everyone.  I have the iced tea from Daystar and it is FANTASTIC!   I just hate the fact that it seems she is out of everything all the time.  When I order I like to order more then one or two bottles because of the shipping and I was told her pistachio ice cream was really good but it has been out and so have a few others that I thought sounded interesting.  

On 1/12/2017 at 9:19 PM, TallTayl said:

•  

• 1 x Chai Fragrance Oil 

How was the pistachio cake 

mahogany coconut 

fireside 

chardonay 

strawberry/champaign 

Falling leaves 

On January 12, 2017 at 10:46 PM, TallTayl said:

The tea smells like strong, like unbelievably nose hair singing strong black tea. 

Trappeur, when you say Chardonnay is a bomb, is that like bomb diggety or major loser?

Well, I've finally realized I have a problem. A FO addiction problem. I ordered some FOs from Flaming Candle and ordered the Black Tea as discussed. Come to find out, I already ordered it but never did anything with it to test it. Damn it! Thankfully it's only a few bucks, but hopefully I like it now that I have 2 just sitting here. Hahaha. 

• Like 2

TallTayle, have you tried the following scents yet?

I have to bring in some new spaish type fragrances to a good account I have and Flaming I order from every week and I noticed you got the following.

So do you have any remarks about the following?

And what wax do you use?  I use 464.  Love to hear your input.

Strawberries& Champagne

Bergamat

Cedar and Saffron

Birch and Black Pepper

Mahogany Coconut

Black Tea

Thanks

Trappeur

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

TallTayle, have you tried the following scents yet?

I have to bring in some new spaish type fragrances to a good account I have and Flaming I order from every week and I noticed you got the following.

So do you have any remarks about the following?

And what wax do you use?  I use 464.  Love to hear your input.

Strawberries& Champagne

Bergamat

Cedar and Saffron

Birch and Black Pepper

Mahogany Coconut

Black Tea

Thanks

Trappeur

I have both the Bergamot and black tea. Both are nice. The black tea doesn't have enough of that "black tea" scent to my nose anyhow but I still like it.

I guess I was expecting more of a tea box scent, you know when you open a box of black tea - I didn't get that :( I remember I once had a sample from

BB of a saffron + something or another, don't remember, but i wasn't a fan, personally. But keep in mind I don't like hippie type scents and thats what that one

reminded me of. Just not me but I can see how others would like it. 

Edited by Moonstar

My next order will be from flaming and I am going to try an early grey mix :-) 

Is there a way to make it sweet or creamy?

Starbucks makes a London fog latte and it's Earl grey with milk foam on top. I think that would be a neat candle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siren12 said:

My next order will be from flaming and I am going to try an early grey mix :-) 

Is there a way to make it sweet or creamy?

Starbucks makes a London fog latte and it's Earl grey with milk foam on top. I think that would be a neat candle.

RE has a whipped cream but not sure if it'll yield the results your looking for ? How bout adding an ice-cream scent , wonder if that might work ? I know flaming has 

a summer scoops . JFear said it was a good one but hasn't posted final results yet???? 

• Like 1

These are scents I recently got from FC. I tend to prefer earthy fruity scents.

-Blueberry cobbler - nice scent, but I would have preferred more blueberry and less cobbler.

-Bartlett Pear - OOB, more of an under-ripe pear impression, but I think it has potential

-Lemon verbena - wow. Nice and strong and very pleasant. Comparable to off-the-tree lemons. A keeper. My favorite of this order.

-Stonefruit - disappointing. Cheap coughdrop scent

-Black cherry - very strong. Fills the room. Settles down in a day or so. Reminds me of cough medicine.

-Pumpkin Pecan Waffles (free sample) - very strong and persistent and fills the house. No off notes. Worth a try if you like 'bakery' scents. I'll be making an actual pumpkin pie today because of this, lol. (Note to self - no more dessert FOs.)

-Georgia peach - quite nice but has a slight grapefruit undertone. The search continues. (CS is next try)

-Peach nectar - pretty accurate for a real peach, but not a full fruity fragrance.

(edit - hope this post comes through OK  -  something weird happened.)

Edited by Incendia

Four more scents tried from Flaming candle:

- lemon lavender.  Lovely. Will probably reorder it. One of my favorites thus far

-cedar saffron. Lots of cedar scent. (Saffron?) Strong, clear conifer wood scent. I really like this one. I think it will make a good mixer.

-almond/honey.. or was it honey/almond.  Nice, low key. Pleasantly nutty. Reminds me of my first almond hand lotion. Maybe good to accompany a relaxing bath.

-woodside garden. If I had been wearing a blindfold, I would have said 'Lily of the Valley'/'Muguet'. Another pleasant floral in the lilac/plumaria tradition.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to need an intervention....

Just got another small order from FC. I re-ordered the Cedar Saffron, and Lemon Lavender. These are both really nice.

And while I was in the guts of the fragrance section... and because their shipping is reasonable (hear that Peaks????) I ordered a few others.

-Wild mountain honey, oob. OK. I like to use a bit of honey scent to help round out some florals like Orange blossom.

-Baja Cactus Blossom. oob. Nice. Will  probably rename something like 'desert wildflower', or 'Mojave magic'...'Palm oasis'. or

maybe 'On the road to Vegas'.  B)

-Rose, quick votives made. Surprisingly nice, true rose scent.  Reminiscent of some of the older red hybrids. I like this one.

-Tarocco. oob. Not fair to judge yet, but it seems off from a true orange scent.

-Ocean Mist. oob. Smells lovely. It kept reminding me of something - and it is watermelon. Think I"ll call it 'Day at the Beach'. or 'Beach Party'   :) 

-Balsam fir. Quick votives. Nice, pleasing Christmas tree smell. Not much HT, but then what can I expect with a 15 minute cure, lol.

-Lime Basil Mandarin. Quick votives. Most intriguing of this lot. I like it. Need to pour more of them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to this thread I ordered FC's "Redwood & Cedar".  It's strong and I can definitely smell the forest, but it seems a bit floral maybe?  But at the same time, the more I smell it, the more I like it.  May be a keeper!