Grrrrrr

KrazeKelly

Don't you hate it when a fragrance that is not supposed to accelerate does!!? I was going to pipe roses ? Thankfully, it was a 1lb batch and now I know not to use it in my white frosting for my soap cakes. So disappointed because it was a beautiful fragrance. It was good for about 5-10 minutes but set up very quickly after that. Blah!! 

IMG_4164.JPG

Yes, I tend not to scent the piping but was going to give it a go this time since there is going to be a large amount of piping. Thankfully I tested it on this small batch first!! The fragrance is Yuzu and Cocoa from Nuture Soap. It's the first fragrance from them that I've used that did not act like it was supposed to. It's a beautiful fragrance. I've already unmolded the little round soaps. Ha!! Less than 2 hrs!! 

The soap base is Venice Peach Bellini from Aztec. Smells really good. I used some Love Spell in the embeds so I used the rest of it (about 2oz) in my 10lb batch of frosting to give it a hint of fragrance. Wish me luck!!! Pics later!! 

Kelly

23 minutes ago, franu61 said:

Ok, so I've never done CP, only M&P.   So when it "accelerates" it gets hard too soon?

Is the soap in the picture usable as is?  I am storing all the info I can so that I get brave enough to try CP some day. :)

To add to what Candy said above, yes the soap in the pic is usable as is, after a 4-6 week cure that is. You can use CP soap after it has completely saponified, but it will be very very harsh, so a good long cure will make that harsh cleansing feeling much much more mild, and your skin will thank you for it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, franu61 said:

Ok, so I've never done CP, only M&P.   So when it "accelerates" it gets hard too soon?

Is the soap in the picture usable as is?  I am storing all the info I can so that I get brave enough to try CP some day. :)

Yes, I've already unmolded them in less than 2 hrs!!! I'm going to pipe in them and make mini soap ? 

IMG_4166.JPG

• Like 4

Aaaaaaand the Gremlins got me too. :rolleyes22: 

That batch I made Friday was GLUED into and was NOT letting go of the silicone loaf mold. Not by freezer, I had to brute force the loaf out and all but the top was sticky and about the consistency of Plasticine modeling clay. I was actually able to "trowel" it all back to smooth. As soon as I had cut the bars they started to harden up nicely but they just REALLY needed some air. 

How do you trap those little mutha fluf'n gremlins?  We need to have a gremlin roast. 

Sponie the P.O.'d

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

Sooo stinkin' cute!!! I wish I could pipe that well... 

OMG!! I suck at piping. Surely you can do it just as well. Lol. I got tired of waiting for it to get thick and really piped too soon. Except the leaves, it was perfect. 

37 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

OMG!! I suck at piping. Surely you can do it just as well. Lol. I got tired of waiting for it to get thick and really piped too soon. Except the leaves, it was perfect. 

I've never tried piping leaves. It's on the list, but I haven't even tried it yet... 

• Like 1